About driving feeling in winter mod

Guys, this post I created is that you can talk about the feeling of driving in winter mod.

We know that the update of the game makes it easier for your truck to drift, and there is also physics in winter mod.

I have played Promods maps before, and I like the feeling of driving very much on the snowy roads in Iceland.There is also some snow blown up by the wind.

but now the winter mod we use doesn't seem to have much snow, just changes in color?

We can't even hear the sound of tires rubbing, only the sound of the engine.

Of course, this is only a discussion. You can express your opinions freely.

Well, the most important thing for me is that the snow on the road seems to have no thickness and the sound of tire friction is not heard. Even though it has physics, it looks like a toy.

We don't care about its speed.

Re-quoting:

4 hours ago, Retired Troll team members said:

Guys, this post I created is that you can talk about the feeling of driving in winter mod

So an answer like @Harley's one is perfectly valid. Since this year's winter mod brought changes to the physics, making roads more slippery, the feeling when driving is that one needs more space to stop the truck, that one needs to be a lot more careful when turning, and all in all, that it's best if one keeps the speed at the roads limits rather than going 100+ Km/h everywhere. Those are my "feelings" of driving with winter mod.

It's your own posts that don't make any sense. Do you really not see the connection between controlled speed and slippery roads caused by the winter mod?  "We don't care about its speed?" What speed do you not care about? I do care, because even when I drive most of the time by the road's speed limits, I've noticed that with the winter mod and physics enabled, I need to drive even slower than the limits at certain places.

If you just wanted people to agree with your POV about the winter mod in TMP being worse than other snow mods, then you should have made this clear in the first place and avoid ending with: "You can express your opinions freely"

@Retired Troll team members,

I do not understand how @Harley's age is relevant to the content of this topic.
Especially against the background that you have unrestricted invited every forum member to respond to your call to "talk about the feeling of driving in winter mod" and to "express your opinions freely".

On topic, you discovered yourself that the winter mod did not bring much snow. But at the same time you wonder why you do not hear the noise of tires in the snow.
Well, one leads to the other, I guess.

Winter mod physics certainly are a challenge, but they are nothing that could not be handled with adapted speed and situational awareness, as @FernandoCR [ESP] already stated.
If I was allowed to make a wish, I would ask for a mod for every season of the year.

I have a suggestion.

To prevent slippery roads, delete the "frosty_physics_7_01.scs" mod. otherwise this may lead to an accident. (DANGEROUS)

Of course you can do as you like.

I think its a really to addition for the wintermonths. :thisisfine: It's cool to drift around but I highly recommend not to drive faster then 50km/h when many players around like C-D road. ;) Also I often see people driving with 120km/h and then ending up crashing in everyone.  :ph34r: After that they say "Sorry, winter mod". :troll: That's absolutly NO EXCUSE to drive like this!! You will get banned for this! I personally drove first with winter physics but because they are exaggerated realism, because roads normally aren't in those extreme contitions I took "frosty_physics_7_01.scs" out. 

Have a wonderful day and ENJOY TMP! :D 

Sincerely Flying Cat :)

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

1 hour ago, Retired Troll team members said:

@FernandoCR [ESP]

Winter mod is not part of TruckersMP, and I am free to complain about its defects.

We are only trying to simulate reality more accurately.

I never said it is a part of TMP, I was only saying that this is the mod that works with TMP. And of course that you are free to complain about its defects, same as we are free to give our opinions, regardless of our ages, right? The topic you opened is not about "Let's complain about the winter mod", it's about "Let's share our feelings of driving with the winter mod". And that's exactly what @Harley first and me later did.

Following your latest reply, I must admit that I'd love to see TMP turn into a more realistic simulation, those things you pointed out, like thicker snow on the roads, changed sounds when driving on snow, etc. would be a wonderful addition. But we have to settle with what TMP developers decide, and they decided to support this Winter mod and not others that would have possibly been better in our opinion. Let's not forget that most of the TMP playerbase doesn't care a bit about simulation, they just see a multiplayer truck driving game and use it as any other racing games. It was quite a surprise that this year's winter mod had the option to change physics, previous ones were just scenery changes making it look all white and nothing else.

@-RiPuZ- There's nothing wrong with having the physics enabled, as long as one is aware of the changes that come with it. Like I said, keeping longer distances to others, driving at appropriate speeds and turning softly is enough to be completely safe. And many of us do enjoy the slippery roads (there are others who enjoy them as well, those ****** who decided that this winter, TMP has turned into "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift", but that would be a different topic...)

I actually like this winter mod. Even if snowfall has sounds of the rain,that doesn't annoy me since snowfall looks pretty good,i can play with it. The only thing i don't like about it is that when it's snowfalling, sometimes it becomes completely gray that it is unreal. Other than that, everything is fine for me.

I am not using physics mod in MP because i often like to drive fast so i can easily ram someone, and i don't want that to happen. Even snowfall applies a little slippery roads when you don't have physics mod enabled,which is fine i guess.

Ok, we can talk about the main issues, we don't care about other useless information, by the way, this is a general discussion, but it is not a debate, we are not interested in any attempt to trigger a debate.

13 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I do not understand how @Harley's age is relevant to the content of this topic.

:truestory:

13 hours ago, Retired Troll team members said:

Winter mod is not part of TruckersMP, and I am free to complain about its defects.

Of course it's not part of TruckersMP but you did say "you can talk about the feelings of the driving in winter mod" therefore I have a have pretty clear answer. 

10 hours ago, Retired Troll team members said:

but it is not a debate, we are not interested in any attempt to trigger a debate.

When you say "we" it's only just you not understanding what "we" are talking about. 

"We" are just explaining what "we" think about the snow mod based on what you said in your topic sentence. 

19 hours ago, Retired Troll team members said:

(disregard)

Please, tell me if I'm missing something or I missed understood you.-_-

Stay happy and safe

• Matt locked this topic

Archived