People who drive slow on purpose.

Animaza

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've personally met lots of drivers who do this and to be honest, that's pretty annoying. There're also people who drive slow and when you want to overtake them they're blocking you and writing that It's not allowed to overtake on C-D road, I think they make this just to report people or having fun, but even if they report anyone for that they'll just ban themselves. 

They can be banned for blocking, but only with appropriate evidence. I don't understand the point of it, however I just stay behind them until someone "accidentally" rams them off the road.

Intentionally overtaking in the C-D area when there's 2800+ players on EU2 is pretty reckless at the same time though, and it really shouldn't be done. Though i'd never go to the point of blocking someone unless they're being obnoxious with it.

(Examples of "obnoxious" overtaking: Overtaking stopped traffic, The intersection at Calais where drivers sometimes overtake on the right and cut others off because they can't wait a minute)

2 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

I've come across many people who drive around 20 mph on a 50mph road on purpose, they have no cargo, just a empty trailer. When people try to lawfully pass them, they start speeding up on purpose. This usually ends in a crash, that these people knowingly did. How do you feel about these people?  

I call this Ban Baiting. 

They drive slow or make it so you have to go around, then speed up and try to stop you from going around, the yell REC BAN REC 

In my defense, I wish players wouldn't overtake me when I'm cresting a hill.  So many players will get annoyed that my truck is doing 60-70 on a hill (with an often 45+ ton trailer) and they will go to pass me.  However once I crest the hill I (or my cruise control) am going to continue getting up to my highway speed of 80 or 90.  I've had a few players that have gotten mad at me for "blocking" them when really all I'm doing is getting back up to the speed limit since I was only slowed by a hill.  However I do agree that the players that do this repeatedly (accelerating and braking to purposely stay beside you) are breaking the game rules and face risk of a ban.  While they are definitely annoying though, it's no different than a road-raging driver in real life.  Just putter along behind them and don't fall to their level.

Just to clarify before anyone jumps the gun, I will brake and give up my lane if oncoming traffic appears, as will I slow down if the person trying to overtake me is limited to 90 like myself.  However if the road is clear and you can go faster, stop saying "rec ban" and just find your gas pedal.

Well, 

Some people only follows the road speed (including me). With that wintermod I sometimes drive slower, but never let overtakers crash on purpose.

I do admit i sometimes speed up so they don't have to overtake or because my motor stopped. 

People always think worse-case scenario. It isn't always on purpose. :) 

percent_0                                                          76561198040805919.pngAddFriend.png

I think it's totally unnecessary of the people, and I wonder sometimes what they think ... Since I am so excited something, I thought to throw my dashcam once.

In a situation like this i would record them and report them on the website. If the road limit is 50km/h and they drive 50km/h then they are not doing anything wrong, Or lets say 70km/h on a 70km/h road. But if you are driving 20km/h on a 80km/h road you could be causing danger. And if you can see on the video they speed up when you try to overtake them then they are doing something wrong. I would call that Reckless Driving. So if someone is doing this then record them and report them :)

I mean there's nothing wrong when people drive within the Speedlimit. If they drive slower than the Speedlimit it's Blocking and a Banable Reason. 

18 minutes ago, Dylan04 said:

I hate people like this. They just want to troll and deserve to be punished. Unfortunately, most of the time they are not. I annoys me and it makes me just want to ram them and get no damage. But obviously I cant do that.

No i wouldent suggest you do that! Just cause someone does something to you, dosent mean you can do something back at them. You would be breaking the rules just as much :)

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

In a situation like this i would record them and report them on the website. If the road limit is 50km/h and they drive 50km/h then they are not doing anything wrong, Or lets say 70km/h on a 70km/h road. But if you are driving 20km/h on a 80km/h road you could be causing danger. And if you can see on the video they speed up when you try to overtake them then they are doing something wrong. I would call that Reckless Driving. So if someone is doing this then record them and report them :)

It depends on the situation. Imagine something like @TheCreepyTruckr described: Someone is hauling a 50+ tons cargo on an uphill, the truck will probably be going slower than the speed limit. But when the uphill ends, that truck will start catching up to its regular speed (which may be the speed limit or faster), I've been in a situation like this lots of times. And it's not that I'm trying to avoid being overtaken or trolling the player who tries to overtake, it's something completely normal that happens IRL too. I never had any problems because the faster I can go is 90 Km/h (WoT jobs), so sooner rather than later, the overtaker would go by (and if I saw any chance of an accident, I'd slow down or drive onto the emergency lane/grass to give room to the overtaker).

Also, about speed limits, I don't know how traffic regulations are in other countries, but in Spain, there's also a minimum allowed speed. On highways, you have to go 60 Km/h or faster, if your vehicle can't do that speed for whatever reasons, you have to drive on the emergency lane with all blinkers on and leave the highway ASAP. On regular roads, the minimum speed limit is 50% of the posted maximum one. So if someone is driving on a 70 Km/h limited road, he/she can be doing 35 Km/h and it would be perfectly fine (it's also recommended to drive as close as possible to the speed limit, but this is not mandatory).

The main problem in TMP is that most players (with the exception of those who use regularly EU#1 server) play the game as if it were a racing one, they want to go as fast as possible and they see anyone who goes slower as a "blocker" or even a troll. I've been threatened to be reported lots of times while I was driving by the speed limits and doing nothing wrong. Never cared about it because I knew that I'd never be banned for something like that (and my ban history is good proof of that).

Now, there are those idiots who do this thing of going slow until someone starts overtaking and start accelerating themselves at that moment. This, I wouldn't call reckless driving, but trolling, plain and simple. And of course, it's something to be reported and punished, because what those idiots are trying to do is to cause an "accident" on purpose. Those others that go slow on purpose and swerving from side to side to avoid being overtaken fall into the same bag: Trolling. They are simply blocking the path of the faster driver without any valid reasons (that thing about "you must follow the speed limits" is simply BS, there are no rules against speeding in TMP). As someone who tries to follow strictly the speed limits, I'm fully aware that I'll be overtaken lots of times and that according to the traffic regulations, I'm obliged to facilitate the overtaking maneuver as much as possible.

Summary:

Accelerating when someone is overtaking is not always "reckless driving" or "trolling".

Going slower than the speed limits is fine within certain values.

There are trolls and report-hunters that will use anything at hand to ruin others gaming.

GM's job is never easy, they will always need to check every possible angle of a report and evidence before punishing a player. I can't tell about others, but when in doubt, I'd always prefer to let a culprit go than to punish an innocent.

There's that thing called "snow mod" and "winter physics". On the tight curves you just need to go really slowly, or you risk hitting others. 20mph (35~40kmph) seems legit for slippery road conditions.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

This could be bannable if you report them with proper evidence. If they are driving slow on a straight and then speed up when you are passing that is racing, and according to rule 2.5 racing is reckless driving which is bannable. You have to take into account the surroundings though, the person infront of them could be lagging or there might be a sharp turn or a hill. Like @SprinterFS said the might have the winter physics and want to keep distance. So don't make that assumption that they are going to speed up when you pass, but if they do and it is a straight road with no traffic giving them no reason to be going that slow report them to the website with credible evidence. 

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Summary:

Accelerating when someone is overtaking is not always "reckless driving" or "trolling".

Going slower than the speed limits is fine within certain values.

There are trolls and report-hunters that will use anything at hand to ruin others gaming.

GM's job is never easy, they will always need to check every possible angle of a report and evidence before punishing a player. I can't tell about others, but when in doubt, I'd always prefer to let a culprit go than to punish an innocent.

Well when the hill is over and its going down again you could just not push the speeder and wait til the overtaker has overtaken before you push the speeder. That way the overtaker will get past faster and there is less chance for an accident.

Agreed. There is times where going slower is right, like around a corner when you have snow mod on. but if you are driving 30km/h on a 60 or 80km/h road when there is no reason to, could be dangerous.

And no, a GM's job is never easy. But we try our best to evaluate every situation the best we can.

Indeed very annoying. Most of the time you have to break and get behind again because oncoming traffic. Best is to let these people have their fun. Reporting is also important when it really gets out of hand.

I have given up talking to those people. I just pull over and wait for them to fade away. It will cost me less after atleast than needing to repair or reload.

I've encountered people like this before, and it is annoying. Fortunately, most people I've encountered doing it are in trucks, which makes it a bit easier when I'm in the car as it can out-accelerate them. However, if it's too dangerous to attempt to overtake them (in the car and truck), I'll pull over and wait for them to go away before carrying on.

In real life, I've always held the belief that nobody should be allowed to drive 5mph slower than the vehicle's speed limit on any given road; there's no justification for it, with the exception of new learner drivers. The same principle should apply in ETS2MP.

Archived