People who drive slow on purpose.

Animaza

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this kind of scene every day. For those people, what I do is to preserve my coolness and to watch carefully what they are doing will definitely make a mistake, and I report it. ;)

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

i hate those kind of players when they drive slow on purpose, and then you go overtake them and they block you or they speed up... 

for example when i drive a truck with a heavy cargo and i am slower the others, especially on one or two way roads, i stick to emergency lane, in other words, half of my truck is in the main road and half in the emergency, the reason i do that is, if someone has ever driven in greece you know what i am talking about, there its very common for a truck driver to drive half in a emergency lane and half in normal, that way you give other drivers/truckers that are faster then you, more space to overtake you and do it more safely then go into oncoming traffic and cause a crash with an incoming car. and yeah its wrong to overtake at the first place(on some roads), but there are always faster trucks and cars then you that will try to overtake you, so just move a little and let them pass you or crash trying to pass you :D 

If the slow person goes according to the speed limit on the road, I will overtake him at the right time. But if it's below the speed limit, I'll report or overtake. ^_^

9 minutes ago, xGorkem- said:

Yavaş olan kişi yoldaki hız sınırına göre giderse, doğru zamanda onu sollayacağım. Ancak hız sınırının altındaysa, bildireceğim veya sollayacağım. ^ _ ^

I really agree. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, xGorkem- said:

If the slow person goes according to the speed limit on the road, I will overtake him at the right time. But if it's below the speed limit, I'll report or overtake. ^_^

Classic NFS fan reaction. If a person goes according to the speed limit, that person is never slow, if you see it as "slow", it's because you're overspeeding. And reporting someone for driving slower than the limit? So if I'm struggling to keep 60 Km/h on a 70 Km/h limited road because my trailer has 50 tons cargo and my truck is a regular 440 HP one, you would report me? For what exactly? Pathetic racers with their 750 HP trucks and 1-ton cheated trailers or their beloved "Skodas" are the ones who ruin this game, not the players who follow the rules even when they drive by the speed limits or slower.

Like I said before, someone who is deliberately driving way below the limits and blocking other players' attempts to overtake by accelerating or changing lanes is a troll. Someone who is driving below the limits, keeping his truck on its lane and a steady speed is doing nothing wrong.

1 hour ago, xGorkem- said:

Why is going below the speed limit worth a report? And what you gonna do if they drive slightly faster than the speed limit? Let's say 50km/h limit and he drives at 51km/h?

27 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

Neden bir rapora değer hız sınırının altına gidiyor? Ve hız sınırından biraz daha hızlı sürerlerse ne yapacaksınız? 50km / s limiti diyelim ve 51km / s'de sürüyor mu?

If the border is 80 km and that person goes with 60 - 70, I will overtake at the appropriate time. But if it fits the speed limit, I'll keep going, keeping the distance behind it. :P

I am an advocate of driving at or below the maximum allowed speed limits of the respective country (see also: European truck speed limits overview) out of two reasons:

1. Driving at excessive speed is never safe (you simply can not outsmart physics)
  2. It contributes to realism of the simulator

On topic, most of the time it is simply not possible or not appropriate to drive at the maximum allowed speed limit.
Speed must always be adapted to

• road conditions,
  • visibility conditions,
  • weather conditions,
  • personal driving abilities and
  • vehicle/ cargo.

If one or more above mentioned conditions does not allow you to keep the speed limit, you must ensure that other road traffic participants can safely overtake.
In particular that means:

Who is overtaken

• must not increase his/ her speed
  • if possible drive on the very right side of the road (UK: very left side)
  • if necessary wait at a suitable and safe location

Who wants to overtake

• must ensure that during the whole overtaking process no other road traffic participant is endangered
  • must drive at a significant higher speed than the vehicle overtaken
  • must not overtake if he/ she cannot see the road or if the traffic situation is unclear 

Depending on the situation, driving at slow speed with the intention to harass other players falls either under §2.3 - Blocking or §2.5 - Reckless Driving and will be punished accordingly.

7 hours ago, Zakxaev68 said:

Another solution be you blow the horn on them until like they clear the road...

While I don't know about other drivers; you start being a dick on the road and I'm not going to give a crap about what you or any other player wants.  I don't care if you want to play Need for Speed and I don't care if you want to sit and spam your horn like an *offensive comment* screeching in the wind. I'm not going to change my speed just because you (or any other player) wants to whine.

Alternatively? When you have enough money for repairs, slam into them like hell. If they parked on the middle of the highway, pull over, detach your trailer to spare random damages, back up like enough so you can have enough time to accelerate. Then.... break them apart, give them a reason to pay double the price for repairs. Do it EVERY single time when they do that until they quit the game for better.

You go follow this advice and I'll sit here laughing at you when you get banned for it.

Alternatively? When you have enough money for repairs, slam into them like hell. If they parked on the middle of the highway, pull over, detach your trailer to spare random damages, back up like enough so you can have enough time to accelerate. Then.... break them apart, give them a reason to pay double the price for repairs. Do it EVERY single time when they do that until they quit the game for better.

Geeez, how can you be so simple-minded !! You'll just get banned for that and the admin will have no sympathy for your sobbing story!!!

Sysgen I understand the sarcasm of yours. Moreover so the one who really blocks the road of any access is worth the look first - I do know game moderators aren't the most fair moderators in themselves, so in the easiest scenario, not the one who deliberately blocked the road will get wasted but the player actually playing by all rules.

TheCreepyTruckr, this simply points you don't nor ever gave a crap about the other vehicles in traffic. Either the "I can slow down and pull over" part triggered you. I can imagine your steering sensitivity pumped up to the max. Like dozens of the TMP players around never did, including you in between. Fortunately, I know how I can make fun for myself and extend that to other players by role-playing.In spite of that I try to stay away from incompetent *individuals* never knew what truck sims are about.

The ones mentioning "Need for Speed" in a simulation game discussion board is the exact same pretending group to play fair. Can't pull that old joke on me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

as long as your truck is moving & other player can pass safe your doing nothing wrong but if you don't allow other player to pass safe then your braking the rules 

In hindsight, I feel I should point out there is one more justification for driving below the speed limit, besides being a learner driver, and that is weather conditions. Other than those two conditions, driving below the speed limit is unnecessary and unjustified. Obviously, slowly accelerating to the speed limit is not considered because obviously, you will be driving below the speed limit until you reach it.

There's nothing that irritates me more, especially in real life, than drivers who won't drive to the speed limit. In my mind, if people aren't capable of driving to the speed limit, then either their vehicle isn't suitable to be on the road, or the person themselves aren't suitable to be on the road. I often find myself driving my car to the speed limit, only to end up stuck behind someone doing 10-20mph below it for no sensible reason.

As for overtaking me; you do so at your own risk. I'm not going to slow down for you, I'm not going to move over for you. The only time I will do this is if a collision is imminent; otherwise, I'm not going to coddle people. I will however ensure I am not preventing you from overtaking me should you wish to do so.

I drive flat out where possible, but if there's traffic ahead i slow down & overtake if its safe but not all the time as been caught out by people suddenly appearing as im in the middle of overtaking which is why i hesitate so much much to the annoyance of people behind! What annoys me is people who insist on passing & drive head on at oncoming traffic making you swerve or brake & then the bloody REC BAN crap starts!!! Fact is guys if you pulled a stunt like that IRL the blue lights would soon be behind you & the only place you will be going is HM Prison. 

Archived