Communicating with other players in game

andy Suter

So im having a problem with talking with other players.

Ive got a mic but never plug it in so that’s my first thing I’ll do. I assume just press X to talk?

The next thing is chat. A good example was last night. Ive just joined a VTC (viva) and came across another VTC driver. I could hear him wanting to chat on CB but I couldn’t as my mic wasn’t set up. I then went into chat and saw he’d been trying to chat I there but I hadn’t seen it.

How do you guys have the chat visible and do you type while driving? I find that impossible.

Hello :)

You can use CB Radio in game to talk

Here is guide:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, andy Suter said:

I then went into chat and saw he’d been trying to chat I there but I hadn’t seen it.

For this, if he chat but you couldn't see a message, you may turn off chat by pressing F9 by mistake, then you login in game and press F9 again to turn on chat, after that you can see a message

You can read this topic

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, andy Suter said:

How do you guys have the chat visible and do you type while driving?

You can type while driving, that's normal 

But I guess you turned off the chat while driving, please try press F9 again then you can see other players chat

And when you drive with keybroad, it's difficult for you to type while driving because you can control while typing.

So if you use 

Since I use keyboard and mouse It's a bit easier for me to drive and type at the same moment, but you also need to have fast typing skills, so you won't crash into anyone, of course, that's a bit dangerous, because this can cause a crash but I just always try to find straight road where I don't need to use my keyboard while typing, that's all magic.

2 минуты назад Энди Сутер сказал:

Спасибо за ответы. Итак, чтобы напечатать, вы нажимаете 'y', чтобы открыть панель чата (моя покрывает половину экрана!)

The window of all opens the same. There are only two options for you. 1. Write while driving with a fully open chat, which is not safe. 2. Stop on the sidelines and write in chat

On 1/16/2019 at 11:03 PM, andy Suter said:

Thanks for the replies. So to type, are you pressing 'y' to open up the chat panel (mine covers half the screen!) and type in the there or is there a quicker way?

When you press "y" to chat, the chat window always covers your screen, and there's no faster way. Therefore, I recommend that you do not chat while driving (specially when you drive with keybroad), it is very dangerous or you can stop your truck beside the road then you can chat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

Archived