DLC areas vs open to all areas

andy Suter

So I spend most of my time in DLC area’s, usually on EU2 or more recently Eu3 if 2 is full. I rarely have any issues and most drivers are courteous and sensible although theres always a few exceptions.

However, yesterday I decided to drop into Germany and my god, what a difference in player style.

Now I had congested cities, People doing ‘donuts’ in service areas, people spamming the radio with random ‘hellos’, cars thinking they own the road as they had becons on and spamming the horn while driving down the middle of the road (towing a caravan), and I came across one group that were acting out some kind of breakdown recovery by stopping dead and blocking the motorway (but it was ok… they put beacons on! – joke). As you can imagine, approaching this in the dark unlit road at 65mph, with trucks following behind gave me a bit of a moment!. I had people slamming into lamp columns in front of me, spinning on roundabouts (I assume they had winter mod on?)…. It was total carnage and it wasn’t even a typical busy area… it was berlin.

I couldn’t wait to get back over the borders to DLC Baltic where it’s a bit more grown up! I did notice a common theme though - all the 'problem' incidents involved players with neon coloured writing on the tyres.....coincidence?

Try to stay away from areas with high density of traffic if you don't want to get rammed. (Calais,Duisburg,Berlin and area around them, even north Germany around Travemunde).

I prefer as well to drive on DLC areas because map in general is more beautiful than normal one so experience is more enjoyable.

I personally don't have any problem to drive outside DLC areas since trollers are avoiding me somehow so i can drive normally.

32 minutes ago, SalePro said:

Try to stay away from areas with high density of traffic if you don't want to get rammed. (Calais,Duisburg,Berlin and area around them, even north Germany around Travemunde).

I prefer as well to drive on DLC areas because map in general is more beautiful than normal one so experience is more enjoyable.

I personally don't have any problem to drive outside DLC areas since trollers are avoiding me somehow so i can drive normally.

^^

++

You're right, drivers more responsible in DLC areas than open to all areas. As you know, you should get DLC to enter DLC areas. You should pay money to get them too. Because of this, people driving properly to don't get banned.

Some drivers recognize themselves as a "Truck Mafia". They thinks driving fastly and dangerously is a good thing. They are overtaking in crowded ways (eg C-D). They cannot think about it, we aren't in real life.

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

I playing withoud DLCs becouse my country is poor , and we have pays like 400€ per month.Most people here don"t buy games , just download it from pirate bay and other pirate websites. I bought ets becouse i want to play multiplayer with friends.I payed for ets 5€ on steam sale.DLC costs like 10€ -_- 

And just look why i don"t buy DLCs.(before i bought ets i was playing cracked version with all dlcs and its 50% better than default map)

18 hours ago, andy Suter said:

I couldn’t wait to get back over the borders to DLC Baltic where it’s a bit more grown up! I did notice a common theme though - all the 'problem' incidents involved players with neon coloured writing on the tyres.....coincidence?

Considering my truck is Tron themed, I take offence too that.  However as I haven't had any problems on the snow and haven't caused any accidents, I know it's not me that you are talking about. :)

As for drivers, while Germany has always been bad, I've been quite surprised at the number of bad drivers and trolls that I've met in the DLC areas, including the Baltic.

Sad to see you experienced it that way. I'll get you some more content.

As mentioned previously, I see a few reasons on why this happens and on why you think like this.

• DLC areas are further away from main roads people use in TMP. The further you get away from them, the calmer it will be. I want to refer to the Calais - Amsterdam - Duisburg - Paris area.
  • Since a lot of people drive here, it will be bussier with situations resulting in speeding, ramming and ohther reckless behaviour. People often report these players though.
  • Players that want to ban evade will buy the game on another account. They are aware of their reckless behaviour and will limit themselves to the basic content of the game (default map).
  • You have different kinds of people playing this, the younger section, student age and the older segment. This goes along with them being mature.

I don't think the "random hello" is going to be a problem. I'd rather see that as something positive in the sense people want to socialize.

Something else I remarked neon coloured writing on the tyres

I did notice a common theme though - all the 'problem' incidents involved players with neon coloured writing on the tyres.....coincidence?

I am very sorry, but when talking about maturity, this is a very unmature statement. You are generalizing a customisation option towards a drive behaviour. I have tyres with neon letters on them, so that makes me a reckless and irresponsible driver? When driving I always think twice. For my own good but also for the other people using the public road.

29 minutes ago, Averazon said:

Something else I remarked neon coloured writing on the tyres

I am very sorry, but when talking about maturity, this is a very unmature statement. You are generalizing a customisation option towards a drive behaviour. I have tyres with neon letters on them, so that makes me a reckless and irresponsible driver? When driving I always think twice. For my own good but also for the other people using the public road.

Sorry you took offense to my observation of the bad drivers having neon coloured tyres. I didn’t say ALL neon drivers are bad drivers, I said all the ones I spotted behaving badly had non tyres. Make your own assumption. As a 47 year old driver, that customisation doesnt appeal to me, I prefer just standard looking tyres but I know my 13yr old son would love them…..

Juts a bit of context, im not new to ETS or MP. Ive been on ETS since it arrived but only the last year on MP and as mentioned ive generally stuck to DLC areas to avoid the chaos. It was just the one trip I made to see if my hiding behind DLC boundaries was justified. I felt it was.

I used to do something like this, choosing jobs with start and end points in DLC areas (mostly Scandinavia - anywhere in France or Italy but in the "expanded" zones of those countries) and then changing the default GPS route manually to avoid the well-known "Idiots on the road" places. At some point, it became almost impossible to complete a delivery without damage unless changing the route to avoid completely the "vanilla" areas of the map, so instead of that I switched to EU#1. It's lonelier, but since I don't really need to drive among lots of people and specially when over 50% of those people are trolls or reckless drivers, I never went back to EU#2. Now I just pick a job and drive it, no need to worry if the route goes through central Europe or anywhere else, I've even done jobs when there were more than 600 players connected, decided to drive on the C-D road and only met 3 other players there who were driving completely fine.

BTW, maybe not the "neon" letters, but it's a fact that most of the trolls/reckless drivers I used to find back in the day had their trucks look like brothels on wheels, just a few of them would drive "J-Spec" trucks (and I guess that was only because they hadn't cheated their profiles yet to have the money and level to fully "customize" them). And like @andy Suter, I'm not saying that every player with a fully customized truck with lots of lights, bright colors, etc. is a troll or a reckless drivers, simply that most of the trolls and/or reckless drivers usually have those kind of trucks.

BTW 2, I'm also in the "seniority" side of the playerbase, already over 50, maybe this makes us a little more "serious" about the way we play and the looks of the trucks we like to use?

According to me, the Dlc rides in the regions are more pleasurable especially the baltic dlc region, because the graphics are more lively and the ways are great. On the way to C-D, drivers drive inappropriate and sometimes cheating. Therefore I don't prefer that way. I usually like to travel with friends in the DLC areas.:check:

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

I prefer driving in busy areas where are more trucks, so It looks more like multiplayer and there are not empty roads but sometimes I just get bored and want to drive somewhere outside Germany and just enjoy views in Scandinavia, east side of France or Italy and to be honest the difference is just pretty big. First of all, there're fewer trollers or people who abuse CD and that's what lets you enjoy driving.

I spend a lot of time in DLC areas, but I haven't noticed too many idiots on the road in vanilla areas like everyone else seems to have. Are you all talking about specific busy areas like Calais only? Or is this in general, and I'm just lucky to not see many of them?

76561198071890983.png

On 1/18/2019 at 3:23 PM, Snap Dragon said:

According to me, the Dlc rides in the regions are more pleasurable especially the baltic dlc region, because the graphics are more lively and the ways are great. On the way to C-D, drivers drive inappropriate and sometimes cheating. Therefore I don't prefer that way. I usually like to travel with friends in the DLC areas.:check:

Dear Sir / Madam;

I agree u...

Best Regards!

As some people already mentioned. This is still the multiplayer version afterall. Each multiplayer has people that like troll or have no idea of what they are doing. But going into areas you rarely meet someone besides a few seconds would not be my thing, I play mp for a reason :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There andy Suter,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived