If I purchase a car on multiplayer...?

Question

If I purchase a car on multiplayer, and then leave the server, and then play single player, do I have to buy the car again the next time I play multiplayer, or do I own it permanently?

This is NOT about trucks or any other purchases made while in multiplayer, JUST CARS!

12 answers to this question

If you only want to use the car for free roam then although you might not be able to use it in SP if you swap into a truck then enter SP then the car will remain as a car in your vehicles list next time you open MP.

However, as they said above on MP I tend to use a second account that has excess money so dont need to worry about buying things,. I have a single player account that is like a 'career mode' 

You are able to keep the car, just not use it on SP.

Hope that helps.

SuperMouse

If you store it in a garage before going to SP and leave it there, you will keep it. If you don't store it or take it out of the garage in SP, it will turn into a Scania truck and you'll have to buy it again or load an older save in MP.

You can use autopark in multiplayer, just check the settings to enable it. You have to stop on the company's spinning thing (don't know how to call it) and press enter.

Greetings, @StishStash!

Due to the fact that you do not have the mod in single player, the vehicle will appear as Scania R (2012), and if you go back into the multiplayer, there will be a Scania, instead of the Scout car. I'll recommend to use separate profiles for single player and multiplayer in order to prevent the following event. If you do keep on using the profile in multiplayer only, the Scout car will remain.

Please do let us know if your issue has been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

TruckersMP Trial Support

Well, I was wondering this because I can't park to save my life and multiplayer has no autopark, last time I checked, and I'm willing to be they don't have easy park either. So I figured I could make money in single player and then drive the car in freeroam on multiplayer, but, apparently that isnt the case. So that's $50,000 and a whole game wasted I guess... :\

I'd recommend getting a save with loads of money, thus you'd be able to switch in between without worrying about not having enough money to purchase a new car.

Do let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind Regards,

Martin

TruckersMP Trial Support

2 hours ago, StishStash said:

If I purchase a car on multiplayer, and then leave the server, and then play single player, do I have to buy the car again the next time I play multiplayer, or do I own it permanently?

This is NOT about trucks or any other purchases made while in multiplayer, JUST CARS!

1 hour ago, Martin. said:

Greetings, @StishStash!

Due to the fact that you do not have the mod in single player, the vehicle will appear as Scania R (2012), and if you go back into the multiplayer, there will be a Scania, instead of the Scout car. I'll recommend to use separate profiles for single player and multiplayer in order to prevent the following event. If you do keep on using the profile in multiplayer only, the Scout car will remain.

Please do let us know if your issue has been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

TruckersMP Trial Support

to eliminate this problem a scout car mode download :) 
scout car mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1409820600

2 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

If you store it in a garage before going to SP and leave it there, you will keep it. If you don't store it or take it out of the garage in SP, it will turn into a Scania truck and you'll have to buy it again or load an older save in MP.

You can use autopark in multiplayer, just check the settings to enable it. You have to stop on the company's spinning thing (don't know how to call it) and press enter.

I can't store the car, or apparently it's already stored. In addition to that I'm unable to take on quick jobs. The list is empty and says there are no jobs available.

Edited by StishStash
I figured out how to store the car but now I have a different problem.

Dear @StishStash

If you don't have quick jobs  in SP,then follow the topic below to reset your economy:

And if you don't have one in MP,then one thing to add is you shouldn't take quick job in MP. Since they do not work correctly. You should buy a truck before joining MP and pick up normal job with you truck and everything should work correctly. Also when you do a job. The time will still continue while your game is close because of the server still running.

Dear @StishStash

As this topic has been inactive for more than three days, we will move this topic to the Inactive topics section. If you wish this topic moved back to the general help section, feel free to drop me a private message. You can also contact the support team via the support system: https://truckersmp.com/support. I want to thank everyone for your participation. I hope that you're having a great day!

/Locked and moved to Inactive due to inactivity.