Why aren't double trailers allowed in busy areas?

MrTrolyMoly

I get it, that is was removed from all the busy areas, because of bad / inexperienced drivers. But the double trailer requires a map DLC, where players are mostly experienced, and most of the people on the C-D road are usually people who are inexperienced, and already cause a lot of havoc, down the entire stretch of the road. I think adding the ability to have double trailers to the C-D, won't make much of an impact to the state the C-D road is in now.   

Hello there @MrTrolyMoly. That would be problem if someone block roads with double trailer. People drifting, you can think about it with double trailers xD. Yes you also right but there are too much troll users in game. So dangerous in my opinion. :)

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team

In The Wrath of Khan (1982), Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

The same applies here. The trailers were previously restricted to Scandinavia. Yet, players are given the rest of the map to be able to use them and are still unsatisfied?

Spoiler

t7g18.jpg

If player buys Scandinavia/Baltics DLC and so unlocks the double trailers, that doesn't mean that he knows how to drive it properly. I don't see anyway much people driving with doubles, so i don't think C-D area should be allowed since there are all other parts of the map allowed areas beside this one. This is more than enough.

Imagine if doubles were allowed inside the area with 200+ people most time of the day, this would be even more complicated and worse than it is now.

I think everyone should be happy with being able to drive outside Scandinavia/Finland, C-D road is just too much in my opinion.

As you know, it is very difficult to drive with double trailers, even triple trailers, every day you can see places where there are many players like CD road, there are many accidents that occur even though players only drive with normal trailer. So imagine if there were a lot of players (CD road) to drive with double trailers, more and more accidents would happen, even players can use double trailers to block the roads (will have more troll)

But for some reason, you may be right

People block with a normal trailer and generally cause chaos so with the longer trailers this would just increase due to people just buying DLC in order to troll other people with double trailers. The other problem would be if people crash with these trailers they will simple take up more space and increase traffic.

One trailer trucks in busy areas already cause a big amount of trouble. I really want to use the double trailers in busy areas too but it would become messy in general.

We aren't allowed double trailers on C-D cause most players can't handle a single trailer on that road.  Though personally I wish they'd allow doubles everywhere just make a rule so that any punishments received while using a double trailer have an automatic double length (Ie. a 1 week ban is a 2 week ban for a double trailer).

1 hour ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

As much as i would love to drive HCT down the CD, can you imagine what would happen if a ncz hacker comes along & hits a load of people with them....There will be glitched out trailers flying all over the place, when the update launched many players were seen flying across the map due to the trailers glitching out! 

it works fine where double trailers gather not glitching

Oh no, I could see the problems of allowing this. It’s pretty much adding more fuel to the C-D chaos. (If that’s possible)

Double trailers are a lot harder to maneuver and I’m sorry but, there’s too many players with no patience. The majority would end up blocking the road by clipping one of their trailers or by taking a turn too short.

The C-D road is already a mess without doubles and this is definitely not going to help it or any other busy area.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Double trailer is not allowed in "busy areas" because they can cause chaos. Regardless, the fact, the game was only meant to have them in Scandinavia only. I do think some of the areas you cannot have double trailer is a bit crazy as there are much more populated areas than some of the places they have it 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

On 1/13/2019 at 8:54 AM, Encrypted™ said:

Double trailer is not allowed in "busy areas" because they can cause chaos. Regardless, the fact, the game was only meant to have them in Scandinavia only. I do think some of the areas you cannot have double trailer is a bit crazy as there are much more populated areas than some of the places they have it 

What he said

If you take the road Calais - Duisburg road: It's already nearly impossible to drive there without getting rammed, the road being blocked on a traffic jam. There are some drivers who overtake and push themselves into a standing line of traffic and just imagine they have a double trailer and not a normal trailer --> Chaos.

Hello,
many players do not know how to drive with a single trailer ... It's a lot more complicated with two if you sit and think, but if we logic what will everyone do with 2? What I'm doing now 1 go to Calais - Duisburg.
1. More accidents.
2. More lag.
3. More problems
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Sincerely, JustinTM

Not everyone that has the Different DLC are good drivers. And having the Double and HTC trailer on the CD road would be mad. There is enough of bad drivers on that road, and giving them an even bigger trailer would just cause even more trouble. And The Duisburg Service would be even more of a mess than it is now. So it would be a very bad idea.

According to an article from Anriandor "in order to prevent congestion and similar issues in highly populated areas, the developers have implemented a restriction zone where any kind of double trailer is not permitted."*. Double's on windy roads with heavy traffic are also harder then a single trailer are harder to navigate witch can lead to more accidents, created more chaos and backup on areas like the CD road and in populated cities like Calais and Duisburg.

*https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/75742-restricted-zone-for-double-trailers/

Archived