Deliverys

Danbo_USA

Make deilveries for one location to another with a minimum and maximum of stops. See who completes it in the least amount of time

Top speed 130K

Object get from point a to point b as fast as possible

Join the racing company day of the race so we can monitor progress
Winner completes race in fastest time with the less amount of Speeding Fines!

Disqualified if you crash or go over 130kmph

Must be logged into Truckbooks to compete

Race will count when logged and completed.

Just an idea for now...any suggestions?

To be fair, I agree with the posts above. It might be cool as an event on an event server but I don't think there will be that much interest as at the end of the day - it is a trucking simulator and not a racing simulator. Also, if it was on an event server (except EU4), participants have the risk of possibly getting banned from TruckersMP, which is never a good thing. 

yo

I like the idea, sounds pretty interesting and fun! :D

Not on normal servers tho, event server would be the choice, but the problem I see there is the organisation of this whole things. More people = bigger fps drops, you need to monitor and check everything, people have to go from exact place A to exact point B. 

It's true that there are other games designed for this stuff, but I'm asking myself, 'why shouldn't we give this a try'? Even tho this game isn't based on racing it doesn't mean we can't be creative and try out new, fun stuff ;)

It's a good concept, but there is a lot of problems that need to be solved first, good luck ;)

Yes there would be many logistical problems one would think. After thinking about it more I have some new thoughts.

1. You would have to pick up a load...any load at the starting point. this is the only way to insure everyone has a trailer with load.

2. You have to try to stay within MP rules. Like no going over 130, driving recklessly will get you banned.

3. Yes it would be on its on server that would be great, but not necessary.

4. With Truckbooks a company can be formed and you enter by joining the company the days before the race.

5. There would be a limit to participants.

6. With enough warning all racers would be able to get a load form start point to end point one would think.

thanks for your input, it can be done. As one of you put it people race all the time and this would be racing with a purpose, you have to deliver a load, avoid fines, and do not wreck. Recklessness will get you banned whether you participate or not.

Okay figured out how to do it....SAFELY..this is a delivery game:

1. Start city Identified

2. End city Identified

3. You must always be delivering a load from start to end because TB will not record it

4. You complete the delivery with not more that 6 connections and no less than 3 connections

5. The connections from start to end must be intact..i.e. London(start) to Paris (end) 3 connections.  1. London - Calais  2. Calais to Lille 3. Lille to Paris (end)

Winner is determined by adding Driving Distance + Time (minutes) + Penalty + Max Driving Speed (Note that if you exceed 180KM the connection will not record) You loose!

All those values are automatically recorded in Truck Books. 

This works and it is not a racing game but a delivery game. The object is to get the job done in less time and with no penalties....

If this would be on an event server, it seems like a cool and fun idea. I feel like it would get a nice but smaller amount of players but still worth to make it happen.

If you would do this on the regular server, please no. There is chaos enough already. People already race enough and I find it very unsocial. If it is on an event server, why not? :D

Once again to Rhime, this is not a racing game. The object is to deliver products from one location to another in the shortest amount of time with as little penalties or offenses as possible. In the REAL world delivery companies are paid to do a job and get a bonus if they can do the delivery faster! In my earlier ideas I used the word Cannonball racing which gave the wrong impression of what I was looking for. Now I think this is a viable idea and would be fun.  Thanks for all your input by the way.

8 hours ago, Tecuodtrucks said:

In the REAL world delivery companies are paid to do a job and get a bonus if they can do the delivery faster!

For many companies I know, we have scheduled times for our deliveries to show up.  A driver failing to follow that schedule would be forced to find parking and wait until the scheduled time.  If someone rushed and made it a day early they don't get a bonus, they get to sit for 24 hours and wait.

ETS2 is a simulator, not a racing game. ;) But if you want to ride a lorry on a race track, visit the nearby Tucson. (American Truck Simulator) :)

i think its a interesting idea in a way, but there is enough chaos as it is, and now creating a "event" that would encourage players to go from start to finish as fast as they can, pretty sure half of the players would end up with broken trucks and other half would be kicked/banned or reported for reckless driving. so i personale dont think its the best idea.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, [FTC] iamRHT said:

I think we should play the game exactly how it's meant to be played. Beautiful simulation. Trucks were never designed for racing. Something like that would make the multiplayer environment worse for those who would like to play the real ets. Just my opinion :)

Dear Sir / Madam;

I agree u...

Best Regards!

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:39 AM, Tecuodtrucks said:

Yes after reading all the issues I agree this would not be a racing game. The object is to make a delivery to a specific locations in the least amount of time with a certain amount of mandatory stop points. Penalties would be calculated for over-speeding and traffic lights. It was just an idea!

yep some people get the wrong idea of a simulation game, so they believe this is some racing game or something xD

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Tecuodtrucks,

Because this topic has now been inactive for 14 days now, I am going to lock your topic and move it to the Archive to keep the forums organised. Topics are very frequently created on the Forums, therefore we want to make sure that only the topics that people want to participate in remain on the forums.

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me through Private Message.

Thank you to everyone for participating in this topic. 

//Locked and Moved to Archive

Archived