Error in the distance

Mari'

Hey Mario ;)

When they go back to their desktop with ALT + TAB it happened i think but i'm not sure ;) 

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement ,

Dogidog.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to pm me. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide, n'hésitez pas à me contacter"
"Looking for an unban ? Please write a ban appeal here / Vous regardez pour être dé-banni ? S'il vous plaît écrivez une demande ici"

The first error you showed I'm not sure about, but the last one it looks like some people used F9 in single player to teleport under the ground then come to multiplayer to fall into a never ending cliff, it seems the multiplayer isn't programmed to not show trucks based on how far vertically they are from you, only how far horizontally they are from you, which is something that needs to be fixed. If the user alt tabs for more than 10 minutes, his truck will become a ghost truck with a ping of 0.0 and a distance of 0.0, I've seen some trucks there like that for hours.

i have often that it shows 0.0 distance till he comes within 300m ish range and then it shots correct.i dont rly mind it tough.

• 4 weeks later...

The first error you showed I'm not sure about, but the last one it looks like some people used F9 in single player to teleport under the ground then come to multiplayer to fall into a never ending cliff, it seems the multiplayer isn't programmed to not show trucks based on how far vertically they are from you, only how far horizontally they are from you, which is something that needs to be fixed. If the user alt tabs for more than 10 minutes, his truck will become a ghost truck with a ping of 0.0 and a distance of 0.0, I've seen some trucks there like that for hours.

The second error you showed is not quite a error, it is probably because some players fall under the map. It can be easily reproduce by going at the big hotel and drive where there is no barrier and you gonna fall under the map. (you can also do this at others places but I notice that it works at the big hotel.)

i have often that it shows 0.0 distance till he comes within 300m ish range and then it shots correct.i dont rly mind it tough.

The 0.0 distance is also displayed when another driver has just entered the area of (almost) 500m around you that you can see others. It shows this when the game is calculating the distance and had not finish.

76561198078663503.png

Like my post if you found my answer helpful and useful  :D 
Sorry for my English level, if I made a mistake, please send me a private message with the correction I should make.
Thank you   :)

• 2 months later...