Stupid question but im new(ish)

Ninjarelic

Question

Hello everyone

Used to play a lot of ATS singleplayer now getting back ito the game on the multiplayer side since i have the bandwidth to support it.

My least favorite part of the vanilla game is, and has always been the dull sounds implemented for every truck brand as well as engines in ATS (haven't experienced ETS). 

Likewise, my favorite part of singleplayer years ago was the amount of realistic and custom engines, trucks, and sound mods available. 

I realize visual mods aren't able to be applied to the multiplayer, it would translate to sketchy (at best) results for people viewing the assets without the same mod downloaded. No issues with that on my end.

I do however want a clear and concise answer to whether or not there are truck sound mods available and allowed in multiplayer, such as engine, engine braking, and air brakes. Horns not so much i dont really care, but the constant roaring of a pleasant engine note would make the experience a lot more immersive for me tbh.

Just wondering, and i guess adding my 2cents to discussions im sure have been had many times before, i just couldn't find.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Hello @Ninjarelic

No such mods ( sound mods ) could be used in Multiplayer. You can add them to the mod folder, but you will not be able to activate them from Mod Manager since they will not appear,or it will say incompatible.

You can only use Winter mod or Additional customisation mod in MP i think.

If you are interested in doing Save Editing, you can ask on this link for any change you want to make whether it is allowed or not: 

Best regards,
SalePro

@SalePro Thanks man i thought as much but i was hopeful. Ill add my topic to the suggestion page of the forum, its not essential by any means but would be nice to have a different sound for every different engine, or at least every different engine manufacturer.

Mods would be about the only way to do it though, a super dedicated community contributor. So finding one trusted source that could make all the sound files and reliably keep them up to date would be the issue im guessing. 

Regardless, thanks for the quick reply.