Server Space! EU#1

gluk3_0se

Server Space!

This is a big issue! I really do not understand why the server space is either too high or way too low. I think that having the server space at 3000 is a better idea. This will allow people to join without having to reload the game each time the server denies connection due to space.

I just think that 2000 is way to low for EU#1. Sorry to sound pushy but I was waiting a whole hour the other day before there was room. This is ridiculous. 

-Lucas

-Thanks

- Dzieki

AddFriend.png

You dont understand what the Problem is.When the Serever reaches 2400 People it Starts to have Desync and it has some other problems.So it was a good Decision from The Devs to Reduce the Slots to 2000.

Maybe if the server was bumped up to 2300 or more. It is just a stupidly long time to wait. I mean again today i spent hours waiting to join. I had to reload once after that because i needed to do something. After that i couldnt rejoin at all. It is just really, really annoying. I know about all the donating things but to be real here at 14.. yeah dont think so. My job makes minimal amounts. I would just like this to become a considered thing. Hours isnt good for multiplayer reputation. Thanks

AddFriend.png

TruCkDr1V3r: There is no real queue, there isnt somebody standing at first in the queue, you need to have luck, server picks players randomly. 

here link about that TruCkDr1V3r said

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/3391-a-system-to-reduce-waiting-time-when-server-is-full/

but to be real here at 14.. yeah dont think so. 

I'm going to assume by that you meant you're 14 and if that's the case you probably go to school, hence why you most likely have to wait hours to get on as once it passes 3PM UK time the numbers start to increase rapidly and they stay that way for several hours after that. It's either that or you're just getting an unlucky streak with connecting because like Carrythxd said the most I'm waiting is 5 minutes,10 or 15 max. The whole reputation stance won't work either because look at it realistically a full server is 2000 people, one person won't make a difference; there's also different timezones to take into account and varying schedules, plus even more.

nz3d07.jpg

I can get on within a minute....It only tells me to wait once or twice....

But of course I'm from Canada in a GMT - 7:00 time zone so it might be different than all the UK'ers out there

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

Ive been in MP for last week, it got me about 5-10 mins of max waiting. If you want a better server, go donate and pay for it. I dont understand how can you come here doing such an afirmation of 3000 slot server when it clearly crashes at 2400 and devs told us that are searching for improvements. Remember, a year ago there was NOTHING about MP, and well... sorry but Ive seen Ubisoft or EA having struggles and even not fixing them with less slot servers over months.

Maybe you sound ridiculous now.

lkRjRkb.png

but i think it wouldnt hurt too higher the limite to 2100? as far i seen usual server load (with 4k slots) its 1900-2400 people at peak hours. we dont realy need 3000 slots but 2100 or even better 2200 is going to keep problems with getting on server to a minimum without getting dangerously close too the 2400 area.

Ive been in MP for last week, it got me about 5-10 mins of max waiting. If you want a better server, go donate and pay for it. I dont understand how can you come here doing such an afirmation of 3000 slot server when it clearly crashes at 2400 and devs told us that are searching for improvements. Remember, a year ago there was NOTHING about MP, and well... sorry but Ive seen Ubisoft or EA having struggles and even not fixing them with less slot servers over months.

Maybe you sound ridiculous now.

but i think it wouldnt hurt too higher the limite to 2100? as far i seen usual server load (with 4k slots) its 1900-2400 people at peak hours. we dont realy need 3000 slots but 2100 or even better 2200 is going to keep problems with getting on server to a minimum without getting dangerously close too the 2400 area.

I agree with Movvy. Like i said earlier we don't need an overly huge server but leaving it at 2000 is not good enough. Stop rambling about donating, because like i said i am 14. I understand about all the issues and stuff and yes, i have read through pretty much all the comments about this. It is a big problem. We don't have constant 2100 people always wanting to join so if it was raised just a little we would see some benefit. And don't say i sound ridiculous. I am giving an opinion and to be real stated a very valid point. Many people have complained about this. I have had my twitch chat and YouTube comments full of complaints about waiting time etc. And no, you can't have my YouTube or twitch. I am sorry but this (as i have said) is a huge problem and many people have valid arguments like Movvy and Me ^

AddFriend.png

And also i know it isnt always that long waiting. 2 minutes just then. BUT. It is still an issue. Server space can be raised just a little without causing the problems. It will also make the waiting time shorter, or in some cases eliminate it. I have said many times in this topic that we dont need 4000 we just need it raised just a little.

AddFriend.png

If you dont like waiting remember there is 2 other server that you can connect to not a busy as EU1 but you can still use them

Devs made a decision based on what ever evidence they had we might not like what they did but we have to trust that they did it for the right reasons and with the best intentions 

When they upgrate it to 3000-4000 slots players are crying due of a lot of laggs and when they downgrade it to 2000 slots players are crying too

make a choice but I prefer waiting and playing without laggs.

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement ,

Dogidog.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to pm me. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide, n'hésitez pas à me contacter"
"Looking for an unban ? Please write a ban appeal here / Vous regardez pour être dé-banni ? S'il vous plaît écrivez une demande ici"

Actually I see a benefit from the reduced Slots, since most People that leave the Server during "Prime-Time" are actually the ones who get kicked by Admins, they can't instantly rejoin as another one takes the Slot, this reduces over Time most likely the Number of those who don't follow the Rules over the ones that really want to play (because once they joined their Slot usually is occupied for a long Time) 

"Art of Freighters"

--- If it fits into / onto the Trailer I will haul it, no matter where and which Profit  :) ---

I agree with Movvy. Like i said earlier we don't need an overly huge server but leaving it at 2000 is not good enough. Stop rambling about donating, because like i said i am 14. I understand about all the issues and stuff and yes, i have read through pretty much all the comments about this. It is a big problem. We don't have constant 2100 people always wanting to join so if it was raised just a little we would see some benefit. And don't say i sound ridiculous. I am giving an opinion and to be real stated a very valid point. Many people have complained about this. I have had my twitch chat and YouTube comments full of complaints about waiting time etc. And no, you can't have my YouTube or twitch. I am sorry but this (as i have said) is a huge problem and many people have valid arguments like Movvy and Me ^

If you're so famous on youtube and twitch why don't you tell your followers that instead of complaining they could fix this problem very easily just by donating. If they also happened to be under 18 and can't donate they should just be patient since it's not end of the world if you have to wait 10-15 minutes but ofc it's not pleasant to do so. Meanwhile they could do other things until they manage to join the server.

When they upgrate it to 3000-4000 slots players are crying due of a lot of laggs and when they downgrade it to 2000 slots players are crying too

make a choice but I prefer waiting and playing without laggs.

dont lose your cool now lol.

a user just makes the suggestion if its possible too raise the limite from 2000 to 2100 or soo.as previously stated 2.400 is the area where server gets unstable.incase you dont know 2100 is below 2400 yet slightly higher then 2000.

this suggestion is far from stupid as 100 extra slots is kinda alot and as the devs said problem only occurs around 2400 users this wouldnt cause laggs,right?

I dont know if you are familiare with what whining is,but starting a constructive critisime/discussion is not whining..just saying.

Soo i would suggest:ask the admin team if 100 slots or 150 w/e would have a negative influence on the server stability.if they dont know you can always run it for a day in trial mode.if they are sure it will lagg it wont happen,simple as that ;)

anyway for me 2.000 slots is enough but i do understand the point of the person creating this topic.

So far only had one time could not get on due to full server but I would agree max of 2100 or even 2200 looks like a good safe number, I do however look farawd to a time where a server of 5000+ as even with 2000 full can still get times of not seeing anyone els for long periods of time.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

dont lose your cool now lol.

a user just makes the suggestion if its possible too raise the limite from 2000 to 2100 or soo.as previously stated 2.400 is the area where server gets unstable.incase you dont know 2100 is below 2400 yet slightly higher then 2000.

this suggestion is far from stupid as 100 extra slots is kinda alot and as the devs said problem only occurs around 2400 users this wouldnt cause laggs,right?

I dont know if you are familiare with what whining is,but starting a constructive critisime/discussion is not whining..just saying.

Soo i would suggest:ask the admin team if 100 slots or 150 w/e would have a negative influence on the server stability.if they dont know you can always run it for a day in trial mode.if they are sure it will lagg it wont happen,simple as that ;)

anyway for me 2.000 slots is enough but i do understand the point of the person creating this topic.

I understand where you are coming from and thank you for saying this :P

If you dont like waiting remember there is 2 other server that you can connect to not a busy as EU1 but you can still use them

Devs made a decision based on what ever evidence they had we might not like what they did but we have to trust that they did it for the right reasons and with the best intentions 

The issue i have with the other servers are that EU#2 is non collision and free for trolls.. And US server isn't close enough for me to have a good connection. 

Get your clock in GMT-5 and play after 9pm, the EU server is empty and there's less trolls, blockers and rammers since it 3am in Europe, kids aren't online so most of the trolls, rammers and blockers are asleep.

I dont have the kind of life where i can wait for people to be asleep. I have other things that go on around me and therefore dont want to spend an hour or so waiting for a chance on a game. I would like to have the server ready to join for people when they need it. I understand that many people dont have time to wait, which is why i made this topic as a suggestion to the developers.

If you're so famous on youtube and twitch why don't you tell your followers that instead of complaining they could fix this problem very easily just by donating. If they also happened to be under 18 and can't donate they should just be patient since it's not end of the world if you have to wait 10-15 minutes but ofc it's not pleasant to do so. Meanwhile they could do other things until they manage to join the server.

I personally think it is rude to ask my followers and subscribers to donate to anything like this. They have their own brains and dont need to be told what to do by people like me. I never said it was the end of the world to wait Njord but i wanted to get my point across about what can change. Again this was a suggestion topic not a complaint. 

Woops... Added this twice.

Thanks Movvy. And yes. I didnt mean for this to be a topic where people can come and get off their heads. Simply suggesting something has lead to people getting stressy. anyways. I am saying this on behalf of many people, they dont like waiting. I have had hate comments towards me about the server space.. But i agree with many other people asking for the space to be lifted just a tad. This would not create too much lag and it would satisfy those who have to wait. 

-Lucas

AddFriend.png

Woops... Added this twice.

Thanks Movvy. And yes. I didnt mean for this to be a topic where people can come and get off their heads. Simply suggesting something has lead to people getting stressy. anyways. I am saying this on behalf of many people, they dont like waiting. I have had hate comments towards me about the server space.. But i agree with many other people asking for the space to be lifted just a tad. This would not create too much lag and it would satisfy those who have to wait. 

-Lucas

I think this comment made by Shaddaz is going over your head here mate. The developers most likely put the cap at 2000 users based on the data that they collected before they actually implemented the reduction. I don't know the reasoning behind why they done it but I'd hazard a guess that it was a calculated move from a technical standpoint.

Oh and by the way, if you tab out of the game you won't connect as you aren't actually in the game. If I don't connect 'instantly' all I do is make a cuppa tea and by that time I'm usually already connected or I'm a minute or two away from connecting; that or I'll play one of my guitars. 

I feel like you're suffering from a very mild case of the Messiah complex in regards to this topic. 

nz3d07.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived