Horn

Serg1os

• 1 month later...

have a recharge bar like in world of warships

Have the ability to fire the horn for a max 5-10 secs but when ever you stop your raging horn theirs a cool down depending on how long you used it for,

so if you used the horn for the whole 10 sec then you have to wait 30 or so seconds to have the full recharge/ use the horn for a whole 5-10 secs again.

Hi TMP Community Members,

I think this suggestion is not something that should be added as a feature into the game, as mentioned there is the option of removing that sound from your game. There are many reasons for people pressing the horn including to greet passing trucks, in road rage or to warn of an accident or other drivers of a hazard. I feel this feature would be more work for the Development Team as a whole. Furthermore I could see this feature causing further issues in the future with players including complaints.

In conclusion, I feel this feature should not be implemented and therefore I do not support this topic.

Thanks,

Rhys

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, any sort of restriction should apply more to air horns than anything else, especially when you get someone with 5 screamer air horns on their truck, it’s annoying.

if you’re putting a general restriction, then 10-15 seconds is fine, there’s no need to hold the horn down continuously for more than that.

• True Story 1

• 1 month later...

For me its  -1

(+1 - Because yes, its very annoying when someone spam the horn without real reason.)

-1 - Because (I talking about only EU2 Calais-Duisburg road) sometimes I "have to" spam the horn too, when someone going with 40-50-60 km/h on CD road and block the traffic with this speed, of course because this "someone" there are always lot of crashes, because every player who want to drive faster on this road, try to overtake the low speed guy(s) and they make accidents.

Thats why I spam horn on these low speed guys,

1. because they make big traffic jams with the low speed;

2. because they driving low speed and blocking others, other players trying to overtake them and make crashes.

And I think if they make crashes, not their fault. The low speed players fault. If these people want to drive slow, or follow the speed limit, than go and drive at an other region or server (EU1).

• Like 1

Petrova

DC: Petrova#6591  |  VTC: Wolves™  |  My YT Channel  |  Languages what I speak: Hungarian, English, Russian

^

Although i agree that slow people are annoying and sometimes harmful. Horspam is not the key, it'll only add more flammables to the flame. Even if they speed up, they are most likely annoyed because someone blasted their horn for 20 seconds long.

Don't get me wrong here petrova, i like being the "fast boi" and all but i think you should stop hornspamming because you are doing more harm than good.

I agree with this suggestion, but, people's horn key can sometimes get stuck. One way to do this is to hold your horn and open chat at the same time. You won't stop horning until you press the same key again, so i kind of doubt to add an anti-horn system.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that horn spamming is dumb. I think that 5 seconds would be too less. If there's someone who spams over 15-20 seconds you could kick him from the server. 

The other hand is that it's (like many others said) just a horn and nothing that hurts you as a person (rip players with headset who get horn spamming), your truck or your load. 

I think it is a good idea to get this kick when you spam horn but I think that it should kick you after 15-20 seconds. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, [RLC] Lasse said:

Hey.

I can understand your point. Horn spam is annoying. Especially, if you drive on Europe 2 in a high populated area (Calais, Duisburg, Brussels, ...).

However, as many others mentioned already: 5 seconds for a kick is quite strict.

I would prefer to mute the players horn automatically after 5 or 10 seconds. This would only affect the other players and not the client.

Have a nice day!

I agree with you, because in an area with a lot of player is really annoying, not having to kick the player, but something that after 5 to 10 seconds, silence the horn of this player..