Horn

Serg1os

Τhe horn is it bothers you

Suggestion Name: Ηorn

Suggestion Description: When someone spamming horn over 5 seconds then it kicks automatically from the server. a little bit similar with the lights at night.

Any example images: Ν/Α

Why should it be added: should be added so as not to it bothers you the rest of the world.

regards,

Sergios

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • HaulieLove 3
  • Confused 3
  • Woah! 1

I can see that this would be only useful in certain areas of EU#2 server, which I don't use since a while ago, but why not? People should not be hitting the horn key when there's nothing to gain other than to annoy everyone around. I've been there back in the day and those players who think that by honking like mad monkeys the jam ahead will disappear should be punished somehow. A kick and back to the server's queue is a good start. +1 from me.

My opinion is, there is a reporting system for a reason. Also, there's always the option to disable horn sounds from being heard as an alternate solution.

Plus, most people will spam click the horn to bypass this auto-kick system.

If that bypass could be implemented into this auto-kick system, I would be for this suggestion.

• Like 1

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

This suggestion is actually not bad. I have an example from yesterday, i was going near one guy we were same speed,and he was spamming the heck out of air horn (screamer, most annoying one) for no actual reason and it was really annoying so i had to slow down to get out of it.

There are for sure that kind of trollers that are sitting on air horn just to annoy other players.

For example, when player uses normal or air horn for up to 3 seconds he should be warned that he should not spam it, or else he will get kicked if he keeps doing that for another 3 seconds or so.

This should be implemented so imma give an + to this.

Great idea but time should be increased because 5 seconds isn't long, sometimes people horning for 1-2 minutes. My old keyboard's keys are broken and when I press 1 second, it detects as 5-6 seconds. 

15-30 seconds is high enough to be limited.

As I stated above, upvote.

Spoiler

I stated my idea again because old topic locked.

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

Yeah i like this idea of less horns, but maybe would it be better to be able using your horn just once and then a cool down period of 30 seconds or so? because when you're in a traffic jam with 30 players and everyone uses the horn for 5 seconds it still is a lot of noise. And hopefully players use the horn more wisely that way. I don't know a lot about game-programming but maybe this would be an easier option to implement, because when i use the horn i tap the button 2 times a second and don't hold the button down. When i''m driving DC road i need the horn about every 3 minutes to prevent a collision :p

yes the horn is annoying:mellow: 

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

It can be kicked when pressing unnecessary horns within 15 or 20 seconds. However, the game cannot understand whether the system is necessary or unnecessary. -_-

The misuse of the horn is caused by the fact that some players do not know when and where the horn may be used.
The horn may only be used outside of built-up areas or if one sees oneself or others endangered.

However, some players abuse the horn to express their impatience or dissatisfaction with an incident.

Regarding the suggestion made, it will be difficult to estimate for a player when he/ she excesses an allowed period of time.
Therefore, I think it would be more efficient to automatically cut the horn sound after the allowed time period. Additionally, the horn can only be reused after a cooldown phase of 1 minute (similar to the /fix command).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Therefore, I think it would be more efficient to automatically cut the horn sound after the allowed time period. 

Think this is a great idea to have a horn cutoff sound after a period of time because for some players who use keyboards sometimes the horn can get stuck so therefore they could get unnecessarily kicked if implemented! :)

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Additionally, the horn can only be reused after a cooldown phase of 1 minute (similar to the /fix command).

I personally believe there shouldn't be a cooldown to the horn because similarly to the /fix command sometimes you need to use it twice in a short period of time and it can become quite a nuisance when you cannot.

12 hours ago, xItsTomx said:

I personally believe there shouldn't be a cooldown to the horn because similarly to the /fix command sometimes you need to use it twice in a short period of time and it can become quite a nuisance when you cannot.

Sorry for not explaining well enough: the cooldown should only apply if the cutoff was triggered.

Would make more sense to make it more like 10-15 seconds (I have had plenty of experiences where 5 seconds would not be enough, for example if someone isnt paying attention and nearly runs me off the road, a quick beep doesn't usually grab the attention of someone that isn't paying attention), but whats stopping anyone from just letting go of the button and pressing it again after a second or two?

But I think a kick would be a bit too much for something like this?

Definitely should not have a cooldown, whether they spam their horn or not. The horn is a warning device, and I think the moderators just need to be more strict about telling people not to spam their horns. It is part of the rules.

§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse

Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes. Spamming forum/social posts or chat boxes with little to no content and/or useless content that adds nothing to a conversation is also classified as abuse. This can include but is not limited to the in-game chat, CB radio, horn spamming, our forum, support tickets, feedback tickets, appeals and reports.

At the end of the day, you can turn horn sounds off.

Not really something I would want to see implemented.

I feel like it would be more useful to have a dB meter on the voice chat to automatically mute anyone for a minute that goes over a certain dB range, with a system message to them in the chat "You have been muted, your mic volume is too high".

I would make it somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds because there is a glitch where the horn will always be running if you open up the chat when you are on the horn. I also think that there should be some sort of warning, like the no headlights warning. The horn is also used to give other drivers a warning, to try and avoid a collision, but some drivers spam the horn when they are in traffic, which I think it quite annoying and this is a good way to stop that horn spam issue.

• Project Manager

Hey.

I can understand your point. Horn spam is annoying. Especially, if you drive on Europe 2 in a high populated area (Calais, Duisburg, Brussels, ...).

However, as many others mentioned already: 5 seconds for a kick is quite strict.

I would prefer to mute the players horn automatically after 5 or 10 seconds. This would only affect the other players and not the client.

Have a nice day!

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

Grey area there .  I can horn for 4.9 seconds and stop horning for a second.  And then I horn again.

Accumulated horning of 5 seconds within any 30-second period should be automatically kicked. 

Also, (might be a bit hijacking),  please limit the number of air horns on one truck.   RIP ear when someone with 10+ horns honks.