[] Whitelisted Server for Europe []

Xray_35

Do you want a "Whitelisted" Server?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a "Whitelisted" Server?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think that the majority of people uses the radio in a bad way, and ruining the experience for others e.g. shouting, playing music, not talking English, being offensive?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What percentage of drivers on the road do you think drive "unprofessionally" or in an "unsafe" and "stupid" way?

• <10%
    • 10% ≥ 25%
    • 25% ≥ 50%
    • 50% ≥ 75%
    • 75% ≥ 100%

Hi, so I was driving on TruckersMP Server 2 (the fullest and busiest one), and I was thinking to myself "Why are there so many bad drivers? People that don't care if they crash into someone or ruin their experience by blocking traffic." So then I thought "Why don't I make a forum discussion to create a Whitelisted or 'Private' server."

By "Whitelisted" I mean a server of which you have to take some kind of test to prove that you will not grief. I haven't really thought of what this procedure could be but I think its a great idea. For example, if someone gets in the whitelisted server, after passing verification and 'test(s)', and they decide to grief and to create a version 2 of the "Europe 2" server, then they would get permanently banned from TruckersMP servers. Obviously, if you want to grief and not take it seriously, then go into any other server, except from the Whitelisted server and the same "permanent ban" rule won't affect you, just like how it is now on Europe 2.

I am strongly trying to stress that to be able to play in the 'whitelisted server' it should be a hard process to get in and a long process that fully proves the driver is capable of being serious. By this I mean, they won't crash into others or block the road intentionally, they have good ping that won't rubberband and spike the truck and trailer into the driver behind (good for if you are trying to overtake). I have had this happen to me roughly 10 times every 5-10 minutes that I play on any server actually. 

I am strongly trying to stress that this should be added to the server list and it should be open to everyone that wants to enter into the whitelist program and server, obviously after passing the test(s) and verification ;).

Please could we make this happen? I'm sure the community is tired of what I am as well. #getWhitelistedServers

What do you guys think? Comment down below! 

Just now, Sergios said:

Hello @AndreiTrucks

Well you thought of a good idea. This could be a suggestion here in the forums.

I in the one you write I agree. But I'm not a Developer. You can do this Suggestions and you can accept it, but you can and no.

regards,

Sergios

Thanks Sergios, I don't understand what you mean by "You can do this Suggestions and you can accept it, but you can and no."

Thanks

Sorry but this idea is pointless. Have you even tried EU#1 server? This is the best approach to what you are asking for. And you only need to check the "Server status" page to see that there are just a few people who use it regularly. A more restrictive server would be empty 90% of the time. In less than 2 runs, players would go back to whatever servers they used before.

EDIT: You added new voting options while I was writing my reply. Now it's clear to me that you are using only EU#2 server, because that's where I used to see everything you don't like, the CB abusers, the 90% reckless drivers, etc. So once again, I suggest that you try EU#1 server instead of asking for a new one.

1 minute ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Sorry but this idea is pointless. Have you even tried EU#1 server? This is the best approach to what you are asking for. And you only need to check the "Server status" page to see that there are just a few people who use it regularly. A more restrictive server would be empty 90% of the time. In less than 2 runs, players would go back to whatever servers they used before.

I am not trying to push against traffic, I am trying to push against bad drivers and drivers that don't care if they get banned. Making a whitelist server would, therefore, take a lot of time to be accepted into the server, so less serious people wouldn't even take the time to actually try to get into the server, therefore decreasing the number of bad drivers. I have tried Europe #1 but it doesn't matter there are still a lot of bad drivers, even if there is a smaller number of people, the bad drivers are still there. And players that actually care about the game and their experience won't leave in 2 runs as they will realise that it is actually a lot more fun in the Whitelist server than normal server because of smaller number of bad drivers.

Regards,

Andrei

@AndreiTrucks You must have tried EU#1 at times when EU#2 and EU#3 are so full that players who usually drive only in these, "overflow" into EU#1. I only use this server since months ago and I've yet to see someone worth reporting. It's the best you'll get, feel free to send a suggestion, but get used to the idea that it will be rejected.

I can only agree with @FernandoCR [ESP] on this one.

There is no way you'll keep that server populated. The other thing is that you'd have to create some sort of application process too and I think the Staff is busy enough. Idea of 3 bans and less is nice, but that won't stop more than 10% of trolls.

I do see where you are coming from, you'd like to see some actual traffic going on, but I'm not sure if this is the right way. As said, use EU#1 instead since people there should be driving safely (and you can check yourself that it's pretty empty). 

Happy trucking ;)

On 1/6/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mazikeen_ said:

By "Whitelisted server", what would be the criteria? I don't quite get what you mean by it. 

A server that only people that have been through an application process and that are "professionals" are allowed to play on. Aka no trolls that play the game now and then and want to ruin the game e.g. Europe #2

On 1/6/2019 at 7:48 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@AndreiTrucks You must have tried EU#1 at times when EU#2 and EU#3 are so full that players who usually drive only in these, "overflow" into EU#1. I only use this server since months ago and I've yet to see someone worth reporting. It's the best you'll get, feel free to send a suggestion, but get used to the idea that it will be rejected.

@FernandoCR [ESP]and @henzsa 

I agree with you guys however I have been on Europe #1 and have truly played on that server for a bit however I think that Europe #1 isn't as full as people want it to be and I still do see people trolling especially in cities where it's not as bad as Europe #2 but it still isn't "realistic" or should I say "simulation".

Hey there @AndreiTrucks ! 

I totally understand what you mean and what you want, but at the same time, why would you create a server, where if you'd like to play, you'd need to fill out some application? You kinda answered yourself - because there aren't enough of people that would play there.  You still have EU#1 which can be understood as your whitelist server, just without the application. Sure, it would be a boom for few weeks, maybe even a month, but even if people would get accepted there is no guarantee that they will carry on playing there and there is absolutelly no guarantee of no trolls on the server. 

I still do see the idea here, but we'd probably need more specific idea, just so we can improve it. :)

Have a good day

henzsa

@AndreiTrucks

TMP wont do an application process so people can drive on a whitelisted server. as others have said, you can drive on EU1 to avoid the major parts of your pole. if you want a true simulation aspect for ETS, you should be playing SP. were as playing in MP you have to accept that there will be mistakes (accidents that are not on purpose) and decide if the incident is worth reporting or not.

as for your suggestion. I will give it a -1 since it would be cost more then it would be worth.

If "Why are there so many bad drivers? People that don't care if they crash into someone or ruin their experience by blocking traffic."

If this is your problem, your are just moving the problem to a more limited base. Imagne having to process 4000-6000 applications. Based on what proof? Based on how nice you seem to be in some gameplay? People can always change behaviour. You are also letting people that need experience to be discriminated from these servers. I real life you need a permit, but it's not like everyone having the permit is the perfect driver...

I would not support the idea for the reason given. You have different ways to deal with these problems.

Your idea is not bad. I just dont think it would work. The reason why EU 2 is so full is because it has the most freedom. It has the cars and trucks and "no speed limiter". Making a server that limits people will probably not be popular since it will have a limited amount of people. And people usually dont drive on the half empty servers, because they are half empty. And the idea with application i dont feel would work. LIke how would you be judged? And who should judge you? If something like this would be set up i think it should be based of number of bans. So if you have two or more bans within the last year, you cant get into the server. That would seem more right. That way if someone does get banned lets say 3 times they can still redeem them self and not get banned again and slowly their bans will "expire" and they will be let on the whitelisted server if they so wish. it would have to be like EU 2 but just whitelisted. But i still dont think it would work well. 

Whitelist server would be too much of a hassle, that would not be worth the effort. There are a number of other servers where issues are not persistent and would work as an alternative. It's best to keep the whitelisted servers limited to special whitelist events.

I understand your point on the radio and music/offensive things being said. The English part is, to me, short-sighted. We are a multi-national platform, that encompasses multiple languages. Its fairly obvious that other languages will be spoken on the CB Radio. Limiting it to "just English" is a bit selfish personally.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

I think this isn't a very good idea. It's extra work that TruckersMP would have to deal with and I understand where the concept is coming from but it seems a bit silly. If you have a problem with "unprofessional" drivers, just simply go on EU1 and then if someone commits a banable offense, just report it.

yo

It’s a good idea with good logic, however why would someone want to take a test when people can just go on EU1 or EU3 where it’s  less busy and people are nicer I think anyway. Moreover, it’s too much work for developers to do therefore it’s not worth the time. Also this is a suggestion so it’s supposed to be posed in suggestions and not on discussions :p

Well, My friend, I suggest you try another server which is empty with checking Server status, instead of asking for a new server called whitelist.

you know, except EU#2, other servers are always empty and you can enjoy trucking without seeing any reckless driving, blocking and so on.

EU2 is always crowded with lots of reckless driving and blocking and etc. So, my friend, I suggest you play EU#1, I think creating a new server could be useless.

best regards.

Languages: ?? | ??

انجمن فارسی

قوانین استخدام | پشتیبانی | بازخورد | مشاهده اعضای تیم | راهنما | سیستم پایگاه دانش | پیشنهادات

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides Suggestions
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Personal contact info:

YouTube | Twitch | Discord |
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan

Archived