How CB works?

I haven't heard that it is, but is it possible to turn radio volume up/down with keyboard, is this something that may happen in the future, or am I SOL? I prefer to leave my radio on but sometimes you run into a group of people that are to loud or they speak a different language, and it'd be nice to just hit a key, turn the volume down, vs. pull over, hit tab, and then either mouse over to shit CB of or turn volume down.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is it possible to map a different key such as map a button on my Logitech G29? If so, how?

Thanks

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

Thanks @rubberburner89 I use my paddle shifters as my indicators so I'll look at mapping it possibly to the share, option or ps button :) if not some other keyboard key :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

From what I just read, all I need to do to talk on my CB to other truckers is to have my CB tuned to a particular channel, e.g. 19, press the 'V' key, and start talking.  Well... that doesn't work, and I think a part of the problem, if not the entire problem, is that ATS, by default, links the 'V' key to the DIFFERENTIAL LOCK .  Has anyone noticed this before?  

So... if I un-assign the V key, it should work; right?  Nope... nada.  I can hear others talking, and well, but nothing from my mic is going out when pressing 'V'.  Could there be a different key I need to be pressing?

Thanks In Advance!!

• Community Manager
On 3/30/2017 at 6:21 PM, Rivanwood said:

Hello guys,

From what I just read, all I need to do to talk on my CB to other truckers is to have my CB tuned to a particular channel, e.g. 19, press the 'V' key, and start talking.  Well... that doesn't work, and I think a part of the problem, if not the entire problem, is that ATS, by default, links the 'V' key to the DIFFERENTIAL LOCK .  Has anyone noticed this before?  

So... if I un-assign the V key, it should work; right?  Nope... nada.  I can hear others talking, and well, but nothing from my mic is going out when pressing 'V'.  Could there be a different key I need to be pressing?

Thanks In Advance!!

Since the new updates, the PTT key has been re-assigned. 'X' is the new key, 'V' is no longer the PTT button. :)

Edited by Dueces
Corrected misspelled words.
  • Upvote 2

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

I wasn't aware they changed the key, thanks for informing me also :-)

76561198116137604.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/03/2016 at 6:13 PM, El1teZombiezHD said:

Hello TruckersMP,

Today I am making a tutorial on how to use the new CB radio.

It is very simple however people who are new to using it or new to the mod may not know how to use it, hence this Tutorial.

Step 1: 

Open your Tab Menu and right click to bring up the cursor.

Step 2:

Change the channel by using the right knob. Press it on the right to go up channels and press it on the left to go down channels.

Step 3:

To talk press and hold "X" and then talk

To mute a person click their name on the tab and click the mute function and you will not be able to hear them (this is bugged so you can still hear them)

To turn the radio off, press the far button on the left.

Video Tutorial:- 

Remember rules still apply on the CB Radio, so no insulting and bad language. If you see this be sure to report them on the website. http://truckersmp.com/reports

On 09/03/2016 at 8:39 PM, JDS2015 said:

Ok im lost here. What tab for American trucker? I can never use my mouse when im in the truck it self it just moves my view around!

EDIT: Never mind i figured it out thanks!

What do i press to get that box on left? I can't use mouse as does same as guy above. Sorry new to this and never even knew about cb working i thought was for show. lol