How CB works?

@MrBlack1 I'm not sure about what you mean with "(X) does NOT mark the spot at which I can transmit", but when you press (X), remember that it works as push-to-talk, a small speaker icon appears on the lower right side of your screen, this means that your mic is "open". You hold (X) while you speak, release when finished. Remember also that only the players within a certain distance from your location can hear your transmission and that they may or may not want to answer.

OK I followed the instructions above for the CB BUT it still doesn't work. First you say... (4. If you right click it will take you out  one yellow dart.) WTF does that mean? Rt click on WHAT? You can't right click on the CB itself even if you press F1/pause or not, There is no ON/OFF switch that is clickable in game? So how do you get that menu? Your instructions need to be a lot clearer 'step by step'. As near as I can tell there is no CB menu anywhere in the ATS settings although I can not get that above (yellow dart) menu to materialize. I can not click on the CB itself to turn it ON or OFF. I can however change the channels up of down using these keyboard keys -> (,) (.) BUT (X) does nothing. There is no ON/OFF switch on the keyboard that I know of or have been able to find or instructed/pointed to and again I can't click on the CB at all. So what's the big secret that is not easily explained better than this. I have truckers trying to talk to me but I can't answer them and if I try to use the chat (Y) it throws me back to my desktop... truck still running at 65MPH. That freaks me out and has caused accidents. (grins) This CB is very frustrating withOUT CLEAR, step by step, click by click, instructions on how to operate it and how to get these menus. That's my experience with this.

When I press the (X) is that not supposed to give me that CB keyed mic squeaky sound? I saw no speaker in any part of the screen when I pressed the (X) key. I know you have to hold it to talk which I did of course. Took me ages just to find that menu the instructions were so UNCLEAR. I did find it and made some adjustments but unless I am transmitting with no mic or voice sound and no ability to know if I am transmitting then I assume it is not working. In any event... I GIVE UP!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a note please do not use the radio unnecessarily as this may be a reason for ban. ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...