How CB works?

i want to add as this seems to be an universal guide, that cb channels differ from ats to ets2 if you want to keep it realistic.

Europe has one cb channel per language.. ex.: channel 5 italian, channel 9 german, channel 17 danish, channel 20 austrian, channel 21 turkish, channel 22 would be romanian, channel 26 would be polish and channel 40 would be swiss. this is all info from wikipedias german article about "cb funk" aka cb radio.

For the USA i have found some websites that say truckers only use.. channel 17 for north/south traffic, 19 for east/west traffic and 21 for regional roads aka country roads.

Im not 100% sure about the US System as im German and only 100% about channel 9 in europe for use with the german language.

I hope this helps one or another some, and please feel free to correct me where i may be wrong.

• Thanks 1

sysp-73354.png

^^ That isn't the case in Multiplayer though, some people will speak on whatever channel they want as there are not language specific channels.

• HaulieCry 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

3 hours ago, RHODY said:

Just a Quick Note...

It would be nice for guys with wheels to be able to set a Push To Talk Button on their Steering Wheel....

I tried with no luck...

Thanks!

Rhody 

I believe key mappings are something that will be available in a future update.

• Upvote 2

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 2:05 PM, sgpch1983 said:

i want to add as this seems to be an universal guide, that cb channels differ from ats to ets2 if you want to keep it realistic.

Europe has one cb channel per language.. ex.: channel 5 italian, channel 9 german, channel 17 danish, channel 20 austrian, channel 21 turkish, channel 22 would be romanian, channel 26 would be polish and channel 40 would be swiss. this is all info from wikipedias german article about "cb funk" aka cb radio.

For the USA i have found some websites that say truckers only use.. channel 17 for north/south traffic, 19 for east/west traffic and 21 for regional roads aka country roads.

Im not 100% sure about the US System as im German and only 100% about channel 9 in europe for use with the german language.

I hope this helps one or another some, and please feel free to correct me where i may be wrong.

In the US channel 19 is pretty typically for everyone to use. If you want to find a trucker - try channel 19 first. I've not heard of a north/south 17 - east/west 19 "only" rule. Typically if I'm out and about I can tune around and find some convoys on their own channel and 17 usually clear.

Channel 9 is typically reserved for emergency use. State police commonly monitor channel 9 and typically reserve it for such use for contacting authorities, akin to 911/119.

It might be worthy to mention in your guide before you start talking to have the gain/volume adjusted properly and listen to anyone who says you need to turn your mic down. All too often I've heard people that just sound like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA" when they really meant to say "is that service center clear?"

You'll find me mostly on ATSMP. Look for Jguy in the shiny iridescent purple truck!

Following all the rules of the road and ticket free since 2003!

1 hour ago, Jguy1987 said:

Channel 9 is typically reserved for emergency use. State police commonly monitor channel 9 and typically reserve it for such use for contacting authorities, akin to 911/119.

in the usa, yes. in germany channel 9 is the german speaking channel.. looking for a german trucker try channel 9 first.

• Upvote 1

sysp-73354.png