Punishment history private ???

McDodge34 [FR QC]

@McDodge34 [FR QC],

one should not judge another person by its past.
Even if a users punishment history could give the impression of a users driving behavior tendency, every single case should be looked at independently.

If you want to report a user for violation the rules, you are entitled to do so. If not, do not report him/ her.
It is as easy as that.
If a user deserves a punishment at all and how severe the punishment will eventually be is only of concern to the attending moderator.

In my opinion, it depends on each person, if the player has no ban, the player can set it in public. And when you want to report that player, you can go to their TruckerMP ID profile to see if they have bans. For me, who set punishment history to public, when I report them, I often go to their TruckersMP ID profile, if they have more than 4 times the ban (it's still green), I don't want to report them. But since the punishment history can set to private, I don't know how many bans that player has, so I also reduced report players.

In some cases, players have a ban that usually set it private, maybe they don't want to let others know about their bans.

But I think if the player has no ban, they can set it public, other players can go to their TruckersMP ID profile and think that this is a good player.

7 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

Before the update to make bans private, I would also ban based on the past. If someone lagged, and hit me, will they won't have any issues if they were recording themselves and showing that as a ban appeal. tbh everyone needs to be recording in this game. If you aren't, you need to start before it's too late.

i have been playing for a bit over a year now, and in that time, I have had 3 people hit me. 2 in ETS and one in ATS. both people in ETS I reported, both received a punishment and I wasn't recording, the one in ATS I didn't report, due to the fact that neither myself or the other person saw each other. the incident was caused by server issues. 

to others here.

there is a difference between an honest mistake and a rule breaker. the first wasn't trying to do what they did, the latter just doesn't care. I would be forgiving of someone who has been driving along with or near me and accidently bumps into me and appoligizes for it vs someone who blatantly breaks any and all rules both in game and irl to cause problems. to the first person I would say, be mindful of people around you. the later would be reported with out question.

that is also why I said you need to judge the incident based on the here and now, not the past.

@[ETS2MCG] Kien Giang

But I think if the player has no ban, they can set it public, other players can go to their TruckersMP ID profile and think that this is a good player.

just because they have their ban records set to public when having no bans doesn't make everyone good players, and not having their bans shown doesn't mean they are hiding something.

On 1/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Someone that wants to hide it is probably a very bad driver, for me, anyone that wants to hide this from their public profile have something to hide, mods will have to deal with reports and decide if they need to be punished.

Somebody may just want to have some privacy, just because they have something private, does not mean they are hiding anything. There are people with public profiles who have multiple bans on their account.

Everyone deserves some amount of privacy, especially if it means hiding something that happened in the past. If you have a problem with not seeing the punishment history of someone else, just don’t look at their profile.

Also, you don’t need to know what they did in the past to judge whether or not to file a report. It’s like judging someone before you actually know the person. Just file the report if they did something that breaks the guidelines.

Plus, I think only admins should be the only ones to see the punishment history anyways.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

48 minutes ago, Chev said:

Also, you don’t need to know what they did in the past to judge whether or not to file a report. It’s like judging someone before you actually know the person. Just file the report if they did something that breaks the guidelines.

I just like to see how many players I report are close to their permanent bans.  They've brought me a large amount of joy from watching them freak out (sometimes for months) on my youtube channel because I reported them for driving badly and trolling.

And everyone judges someone before we know them.  That's the entire reason we try hard to make a good first impression, to positively influence the judgement & opinions they have already formed. 

Take a person and put them beside someone with opposite views and they'll more than likely already be forming opinions prior to anyone even saying hello.  (For Example: Strongly religious person meeting a stripper)

6 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

i have been playing for a bit over a year now, and in that time, I have had 3 people hit me. 2 in ETS and one in ATS. both people in ETS I reported, both received a punishment and I wasn't recording, the one in ATS I didn't report, due to the fact that neither myself or the other person saw each other. the incident was caused by server issues. 

Well for me I only play on C-D road. TMP is just too dead for it to be fun anywhere else on the map, they either need to combine all servers into one, or finally make ai cars into mp. I have 225 reports and 98% is accepted. I report atleast 5-10 people a day 

IMO I dont think someone previous history gives anyone the right to judge them on a situation that occurs let alone having a long standing clear record doesnt give automatic clearance because they have been clean for so long.....

Mistakes happen thats life appologies and move on.. But personally making someones experiance in-game bad by either blocking,ramming,trolling or what ever the situation is should be reported regardless of their history and I feel TMP giving the "User" the right to keep their history private is perfectly fine because too many people judge by the history...

I have had one accident in my career on TMP that was directly my fault due to excessive speed on a turn i was doing 56MPH on a tightish bend and clipped a railing and then went head on with another user going the other way and I damaged his load and truck I immediatly appolgised and stated it was a freak accident and all was good we got it sorted and moved on...

I honestly would expect someone to report me if I decided to troll or break any rule regardless of my clean record let alone I would never report someone who accidently crashed into me if they had several bans.... I judge each incident by the scenario and how the incident occured... and I think thats what most people who report forget.... 

In short words what ever incident you have been in yours/their ban history doesnt come into it.... regardless the person who is viewing the report will be trained enough to make the right decision in most cases anyway :) 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

I've only had one ban, back in 2017. Part from that I also have nothing to hide so I got mine set to public. If you don't mind other people seeing your ban history, then you can set yours to public.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

@SpoopyLooppy

I drive with friends when I play in TMP regularly. as for TMP being dead other then the C-D road of EU2, for EU2 yep. and as to why you are able to report 5 to 10 people per day, it is because you go where a lot of children drive like its NFS or GTA or even the more popular ETRS. I personally do not go on EU2, I also don't mind driving by myself, since it is relaxing that way. I also laughed at all the people who complained about the max speed limit being set to 93 mph. 

On 1/6/2019 at 12:10 AM, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Someone that wants to hide it is probably a very bad driver, for me, anyone that wants to hide this from their public profile have something to hide, mods will have to deal with reports and decide if they need to be punished.

No, I don't think so. You can see that there are many people who have a lot of bans but they still set it in public for everyone to see. Some people just want privacy, they just don't want people to know if they have bans or not, they just don't want others to know about their history. 

27 minutes ago, RichManSCTV said:

I think ban history should be public for all users. Especially if you want to make a VTC and want good users. A troll can join and you want know because you cant see ban history.

You got a point there, I would certainly not want a troll in a VTC of any kind, but I think most of them would never join a VTC, for me trolls are mostly kids with most of them being under 15-16 yrs old (I've encountered a few that looked up to be around 20, guess young adults aren't always mature sometimes), usually they don't take this game seriously and wouldn't think about joining a VTC cause for them the goal they have isn't the simulation but to cause havoc. But you have my point still, you want to know who will join your VTC for sure.

76561198104067447.png

In the past, everyone's punishment history was open to everyone. I can say that this privacy was good, because not everyone has to know the person's special things. But of course, the Upper staff's and GM's can see it. I don't agree with what you say, unfortunately, because if you are sure of your report, it doesn't matter if that player has a punishment history. Even this is also one of the TMP rules "You are responsible for your own account in the game". :check:

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

so in the real world non of us walk around with a sign on our heads saying 'I stole £20 from my gran' or 'I once kicked a puppy'.....yet there is a record kept of past crimes in case we commit one. This is your criminal record. Its not there to decide if you are guilty or not, that's based on the actual offense, but rather to gauge your possible punishment on. We are 'general users' don't decide punishments so theres no need to see a previous person history.

Now using the VTC's thing as a point, that is again a mirror of real life. Most companies ask if you have criminal records. When I was a football coach, I had a police check done on me to make sure I didn't have form for dubious activities. 

We don't need to see peoples records, only admin do. If a person has committed a rule break, they have done it regardless of how many times they've been banned etc

On the flipside, if someone hit me, totally by accident (it happens) and it resulted in a perm ban for them, then id feel a bit guilty.

Dear McDodge34 [FR QC],

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived