Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Punishment history private ???

McDodge34 [FR QC]

Is this a way to make sure we won't fill reports correctly now, we can't see the punishment history of the ones we want to report, I sometimes don't publish a report if I see a user has no penalties on record because I feel it could have been just a bad luck on his side but on the other hand if I see the user was banned multiple times for reckless driving blocking or other idiot behavior, you can be sure I will send the report, now if I can't judge if my reports are appropriate cause I can't see the punishment history of the users, I may report people that don't deserve any actions and may have just had a bad luck.

76561198104067447.png

In my opinion, It doesn't matter how much bans that person has, if he made a mistake he should be punished. If I see that someone violated rule in-game or on any platform of TMP I'm reporting and giving moderators to choose what to do with that person, because I want people to enjoy there time here, not to be rammed or be bullied by someone. Rules are for everyone and It doesn't matter that person has 1 ban or 5 bans, I think people who have no bans and violate rules should get a ban to learn from it and don't repeat that If they're really playing this game for serious and not for trolling and similar staff. I personally got banned for 2 times and I learned a lot from that, so I'm trying to don't repeat that and I think everything goes well.

4 minutes ago, [TAL CEO] BlackSkill said:

In my opinion, It doesn't matter how much bans that person has, if he made a mistake he should be punished. If I see that someone violated rule in-game or on any platform of TMP I'm reporting and giving moderators to choose what to do with that person, because I want people to enjoy there time here, not to be rammed or be bullied by someone. Rules are for everyone and It doesn't matter that person has 1 ban or 5 bans, I think people who have no bans and violate rules should get a ban to learn from it and don't repeat that If they're really playing this game for serious and not for trolling and similar staff. I personally got banned for 2 times and I learned a lot from that, so I'm trying to don't repeat that and I think everything goes well.

The strange thing, I can see your ban history, but on some other users, I can't see it, can't even see mine, even if I know I have no bans at all, I can't see my own ban history.

76561198104067447.png

1 minute ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

The strange thing, I can see your ban history, but on some other users, I can't see it, can't even see mine, even if I know I have no bans at all, I can't see my own ban history.

Well, that option is available for all TMP users and that's just their choice to hide their ban history. I personally don't have anything to hide, so It's public.

Just now, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Will have to check I didn't know there was an option for this, for now on, if I see someone with a private history, I will report automatically, someone that wants to hide their history have something to hide.

To find it go to TruckersMP Profile --> Settings --> Edit Profile Section --> Scroll down and you'll find "Display your bans on your profile and API"

Done, since I don't have anything to hide, I've just enabled them to be fully visible for everyone, for me someone that wants to keep this information private is probably a bad driver that got banned multiple times, sorry but now watch out for me, if you hit my truck and I see your ban history is private, you'll have a report in a matter of a few minutes, thanks to plays.tv for easy records of proof.

76561198104067447.png

1 minute ago, Michael Jacks said:

Allowing people to view your punishment is completely your choice. It's in your settings on your TruckersMP profile.

Regards,

Michael

Someone that wants to hide it is probably a very bad driver, for me, anyone that wants to hide this from their public profile have something to hide, mods will have to deal with reports and decide if they need to be punished.

76561198104067447.png

Someone that wants to hide it is probably a very bad driver, for me, anyone that wants to hide this from their public profile have something to hide, mods will have to deal with reports and decide if they need to be punished.

A player has every right to make something confidential, you wouldn't want your criminal record public would you? You certainly could if you choose to do so.

Criminal records in real life is a different story, its related to your real life information and this needs to be kept private, on other hands ban history on a video game or mod that is just linked to your username and not to your real life identity isn't something that should be kept private, if you have nothing to hide, why keep it private, someone that wants to keep it private is ashamed of something clearly.

76561198104067447.png

If someone trolling on road, ramming to you from back with high speed scout or blocking road which is a few people on these roads, will you check his punishment history for reporting him? Comeon dude, it is strange. If you see his punishment history clear and no penalties on his record you will not report?  Many players dont know about their account privacies. If someone hide his punishment history this is not mean he is banned a lot of time. This is so weird

8 minutes ago, LOCK-MAN said:

If someone trolling on road, ramming to you from back with high speed scout or blocking road which is a few people on these roads, will you check his punishment history for reporting him? Comeon dude, it is strange. If you see his punishment history clear and no penalties on his record you will not report?  Many players dont know about their account privacies. If someone hide his punishment history this is not mean he is banned a lot of time. This is so weird

It depends on the behavior, if its clearly trolling or ramming or acting up like an idiot, I don't care I will report, but if someone just hit me by accident and doesn't try to hit me again and again, if the user has no penalties on record, I may give them a break. You have to judge people to make a proper decision sometimes. I drive 99% of the times on EU#1 so I don't have many reports to do, but if its extremely quiet on EU#1, I sometimes drive on EU#2, and its mainly where I have to report people since they act like idiots or worst.

Just now, [TPH] +theo+ said:

Can you please check if mine is private or public? 

Yours is private currently can't see your ban history.

76561198104067447.png

It depends on the behavior, if its clearly trolling or ramming or acting up like an idiot, I don't care I will report, but if someone just hit me by accident and doesn't try to hit me again and again, if the user has no penalties on record, I may give them a break. You have to judge people to make a proper decision sometimes. I drive 99% of the times on EU#1 so I don't have many reports to do, but if its extremely quiet on EU#1, I sometimes drive on EU#2, and its mainly where I have to report people since they act like idiots or worst.

#EU1 is the best. If you dont want to be a "cancer" can't join #EU2 server. Especially don't use C-D road :D 

@McDodge34 [FR QC]

so let me get this straight, if someone accidently hits you, but has a private record you are reporting them for reckless driving or ramming?

it is up to you to judge each occasion based on the situation at hand, not based on their past. you should ask yourself. is it possible that the person that hit me have lag just before hitting me, or did he just fail to stop? if you were to hit me, and say that you were sorry for hitting me because of lag I would be inclined to forgive the what happened.  as far as some ones ban history isn't what you should rely on. it is what they did at the time. if you feel that a person should be reported, then report them based on what happened to you, and only you.

4 hours ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Will have to check I didn't know there was an option for this, for now on, if I see someone with a private history, I will report automatically, someone that wants to hide their history have something to hide.

That would be a bit unfair, because when the option to have the ban history private was implemented, it was also set to "private" by default. This means that most players will have their ban history as "private" but not because they don't want their history to be public, simply because they don't know/don't care about this setting.

@TheCreepyTruckr The possibility to make the bans history private was set (IIRC) after lots of complaints from users about TMP staff having their ban history "hidden". Instead of making that public again, they decided to let everyone "hide" their own "criminal records" :lol:

@FernandoCR [ESP] - That makes no sense to me since you can't be staff if you have a prior punishment anyways, so it's not like they'd be hiding multiple bans.  But I can at least understand being consistent between everyone and giving the same choice to others.

Thanks for the answer.

10 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

it is up to you to judge each occasion based on the situation at hand, not based on their past. you should ask yourself.

(Not the original commenter)  I will report for any preventable accident that causes my trailer damage; however I will always re-evaluate if my report is worth submitting when I'm actually editing and uploading the footage.  A user that has no prior bans and has a year (or more) old account probably made a mistake and I'll normally let it go.  A user that has multiple bans in a couple of months for driving wrong way and ramming repeatedly, probably isn't someone that had an accident, he's more than likely a troll and I will continue with submitting my report.

@TheCreepyTruckr You can't now... Back in the day, recruitment processes were not so strict regarding ban history and some people were accepted with several bans. My guess is that TMP decided to let their staff members hide their bans because there had been topics about "How can this person be an admin when he/she has been banned for this or for that?"

EDIT: Not naming anyone (because TBH I don't remember) but I do recall one game moderator ("admin" at the time) who had received a ban for reckless driving less than a month before joining the team.

Guest Animaza
12 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@McDodge34 [FR QC]

so let me get this straight, if someone accidently hits you, but has a private record you are reporting them for reckless driving or ramming?

it is up to you to judge each occasion based on the situation at hand, not based on their past. you should ask yourself. is it possible that the person that hit me have lag just before hitting me, or did he just fail to stop? if you were to hit me, and say that you were sorry for hitting me because of lag I would be inclined to forgive the what happened.  as far as some ones ban history isn't what you should rely on. it is what they did at the time. if you feel that a person should be reported, then report them based on what happened to you, and only you.

Before the update to make bans private, I would also ban based on the past. If someone lagged, and hit me, will they won't have any issues if they were recording themselves and showing that as a ban appeal. tbh everyone needs to be recording in this game. If you aren't, you need to start before it's too late.

I agree with @[TAL CEO] BlackSkill. I don't have bans on my account tho but i am respecting the in-game rules. I think, as well, that everyone should be "punished" according to the rules for ramming, blocking, trolling, etc. People should not be treated differently and be reminded that even if TMP is a free platform, it has its own rules they need to obey.

Archived