Headlights

jiunaughten

As I was happily driving along in Germany today, I see a message at the bottom of my screen; it is telling me to turn my headlights on or I will be kicked. However, it was only 16:00, and extremely light!

People can definitely see when it is so ridiculously light as it was. I understand that players should have their headlights turned on when it is genuinely dark, but at 4pm? Players being forced to turn on their headlights at ludicrous hours just contributes to lag and nothing else, in my opinion. People like me who have bad computers are just going to lag as they try to process all of that extra light, and with that coming a bad fps, leading to more dangerous driving as they cannot keep control of their vehicle.

As such, can it please go back to the way it was of players only being forced to put on their headlights when it is actually dark, or am I missing some deeper reason here?

Hey jiunaughten,

Thank you for your message and patience.

In principle, unexpected errors can occur. This is possibly one of them.

If the problem recurs, try restarting your game.

If the error occurs again, please contact me again.

Likewise, if you have questions.

Sincerely,
Snarr

In case there is snow or rain, the fog it's coming and it's making it dark for people with a higher rain probability or with the winter mod.

To make it more realistic it reminds you aswell that you should have your lights on, because in real life you need at least the parking lights/low beam.

If your computer can support or not the fps drops made by lights, is not a problem of  TruckersMP or ETS2. They would like to have less fps spikes  on players computers and they are trying their best, but your PC should keep to minimum at least.

15 minutes ago, vladynson said:

because in real life you need at least the parking lights/low beam.

Coming from North America where our vehicles are required to have DRLs, I was really caught off guard in the countries that required low beam usage at all times.  Took me longer than I care to admit to figure out why I was being fined.

As a general rule, when playing MP I prefer to leave my headlights on regardless because the servers can sometimes have a really hard time rendering another players truck coming at you, especially at high speed. Headlights are visible long before the trucks are in alot of cases, and it helps increase accident avoidance. 

During daynight hours I still keep them on because it illuminates my instrument cluster which can be impossible to see on some trucks. 

Hey!,

this message isn't important for me, because I am someone who turns the light on before I start the engine :D 

But I've got a friend with a low-end PC and he says:" If I enable the light my FPS go down." That's not goot :) But I cannot realize why people turn off their lights. In real life I am always driving with lights :D but other people don't?! Okay this sounds a bit crazy but this is my opinion :) So have a good drive all the time :D 

LG Sebastian

On 1/3/2019 at 11:59 AM, jiunaughten said:

People like me who have bad computers are just going to lag as they try to process all of that extra light, and with that coming a bad fps, leading to more dangerous driving as they cannot keep control of their vehicle.

While it does suck to hear, if your computer can't handle processing some lights, perhaps you should stick to single player or areas with fewer players (or, crazy idea, adjust some of your options settings like draw distance). 

Besides, considering how many kids are driving around flashing their high beams in the day time anyways, I honestly doubt it will make a difference.  

Coming from North America where our vehicles are required to have DRLs, I was really caught off guard in the countries that required low beam usage at all times.  Took me longer than I care to admit to figure out why I was being fined.

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------
v5UcIVb.pngZZdd5tf.png

Languages/Diller: 1f1f9-1f1f7.png  (primary) /   1f1fa-1f1f8.png 1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

• 2 weeks later...

When you have the winter mod it starts to get dark at 16:00, and since the some players on the server have the winter mod, and the server supports it they had to change the time to those people with winter mod on can see other drivers. If the notification telling you to turn your headlights on is annoying, just simply always keep the headlights on.

People do turn on their headlights for no reason. I often see this. I don't know why people do this, it's not like you are driving in the middle of nowhere.

@Averazon It's a matter of simple security. I may be driving under a bright sun, but since the weather is not synchronized, other players around me can be driving under heavy rain and have lower vissibility. Having my truck's headlights on at all times is just my way to make it more vissible to others, even if I don't need headlights at all. It's even worse with the winter mod. Someone has it enabled, some others don't. The player with winter mod enabled is driving in the dark from 4-5 p.m. but others have still several hours of daylight, so they wouldn't switch their headlights on. And for that player with the winter mod, it would be as if those other players were ghost driving...

This is why I agree with @Joao Rodrigues, it would probably be best if some setting would be implemented so every single vehicle had their headlights on 24/7. In fact, this is mandatory in several countries and highly recommended in others.

Archived