Speed Limit Suggestion

ZombieZz

@ShadowWolf2k7 Ok but don't you think that the game is simulator that means that you should be able to make all the things that you can when you drive in real life i mean in RL the rules are saying to drive with 80 or 90 but that doesn't mean that you can't drive faster if you want right? is just on your own and no one will play a actual racing game because in real life no one is going to drive in rally because they want just to put a bit the pedal to the medal not to make their car a racing car you get it? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Erik0301 said:

@ShadowWolf2k7 Ok but don't you think that the game is simulator that means that you should be able to make all the things that you can when you drive in real life i mean in RL the rules are saying to drive with 80 or 90 but that doesn't mean that you can't drive faster if you want right? is just on your own and no one will play a actual racing game because in real life no one is going to drive in rally because they want just to put a bit the pedal to the medal not to make their car a racing car you get it? 

you can speed irl and if you are caught going more then the posted speed limit, you will receive a punishment, ranging from a simple speeding ticket, to a night in jail. and there are a lot of people who play racing games online, just so they can put the pedal to the metal.

11 hours ago, TurklerRS said:

For normal people, 93 MPH is about 150 KMH.

for normal people? so people who use the imperial system for measurement are not normal? I know that 93 mph is 150 KMP. you will most likely ask, since I know that 93 mph is  150 KPH then why am I posting in mph. it is simple and the answer is listed next to my location. how did figure out the conversion, that is simple as well, I used a converter.

if people don't know the conversion from imperial to metric, there are plenty of converters online. 

19 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

for normal people? so people who use the imperial system for measurement are not normal?

Well, considering how majority of countries (And before you mention anything, small basket case states don't count) use the metric system, it would be pretty fair to say that the metric is the norm. And yes, I would consider using the imperial system 'Not normal' because you know, we've tried for years to get you guys to switch, but hey, Hurrr Freedom Units right?

since I know that 93 mph is  150 KPH

You very well might, but you're not everyone. There are people who do not know that 93 MPH is about 150 KMH, and it shows. It's convenient to have converted values for the readers' sake in a thread that includes values, if you get my point.

if people don't know the conversion from imperial to metric, there are plenty of converters online. 

Like I said, user convenience.

6 hours ago, TurklerRS said:

Well, considering how majority of countries (And before you mention anything, small basket case states don't count) use the metric system, it would be pretty fair to say that the metric is the norm. And yes, I would consider using the imperial system 'Not normal' because you know, we've tried for years to get you guys to switch, but hey, Hurrr Freedom Units right?

You very well might, but you're not everyone. There are people who do not know that 93 MPH is about 150 KMH, and it shows. It's convenient to have converted values for the readers' sake in a thread that includes values, if you get my point.

Like I said, user convenience.

interesting read.  small basket case states? so if I am understanding you right, 1 state out of the 50, plus the 3 other countries (that I personally know of that use the imperial system) is a basket case? we do use metric in very small cases. that being some of the tools we use such as socket wrenches use metric for some sockets and imperial for others. getting the states to change to metric wont be any easier then convincing the brits to join us "normal" people and drive on the correct side of the road, that being the right hand side of the road.

as for the convenient to have converted values for the readers you talk about, it works both ways. there are a fair amount of European readers who use  the imperial system on top of the American users who play ATS and ETS. so for convenience sake, the reverse should also be applied. anyone who post metric should also post the imperial conversion.

just like you said, for user convenience.

15 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

there are a fair amount of European readers who use  the imperial system on top of the American users who play ATS and ETS. so for convenience sake, the reverse should also be applied. anyone who post metric should also post the imperial conversion.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:04 AM, TurklerRS said:

For normal people, 93 MPH is about 150 KMH

I literally did tho

I think that the speed limiter should be locked at 90 km/h | 56 mp/h on EU1 server. But 150 km/h on the other servers is enough, and i hope TruckersMP will not change that.

@TurklerRS

that is nice of you to point out one instance of a conversion. since you are being so helpful, are going to convert what 80 KPH, 90 KPH or even what 50 KPH is? those figures are used more often then the 150 KPH is. since you seem to be such a helpful person. others can benefit  from  your knowledge of the metric to imperial conversions.

• 7 months later...

I believe most of the community might like this, and those who are uncomfortable with the stricter speed limits of a particular country will prefer a country with higher limits.

I don't know if it's possible, but if so, I would want to see a test server with this mechanism implemented, just to know how the community(specifically those who don't read the forum) react to this changes before it are implemented on the main server.

More realism than that, only with VR+RTX xD

Therefore, I support this suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

I'd like to share a suggestion of mine for in-game features. I'd love to see the following... Let me know what you think, I will take any opinions 

Suggestion Name: Speed Limit removal adjustments.

Suggestion Description: As TruckersMP is mostly about trying to implement the realism into play, I thought it would be a great idea to also match the national speed limits for motorways in different countries (e.g... No speed limit in Germany), although I would recommend not to decrease the speed limit any lower than what it is right now which, I believe at the moment the speed limit is 150 kilometres per hour everywhere, at least on EU2. This could be done by a similar method which was used for the double trailer restricted areas.

Why should it be added?: This should be added because it adds more realism and accuracy into play, which most players would love to see.

Илиян Каменов 

• Project Manager

Hello there,

Thanks for your suggestion. 

With our Road to Simulation update we lowered the speed limit to 110 km/h (60km/h in cities) to bring back the simulation feeling. You’re not allowed to drive faster than 105 km/h. Most European countries have the limit set to 80-90 km/h. 
Since this game is a simulator and not a race game we will not increase the limit. 
Learn more here: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/574

You suggested to make the speed limit meet the roads actual speed limit. This is something we might do in the future but it is not possible currently. From the technical side, we’re just using the city zones marked by SCS Software. It is currently technically not possible to implement your suggestion. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡