Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed Limit Suggestion

ZombieZz

Hello! :thisisfine:

I'd like to share a suggestion of mine for in-game features. I'd love to see the following... Let me know what you think, I will take any opinions :)

Suggestion Name: Speed Limit removal adjustments.

Suggestion Description: As TruckersMP is mostly about trying to implement the realism into play, I thought it would be a great idea to also match the national speed limits for motorways in different countries (e.g... No speed limit in Germany), although I would recommend not to decrease the speed limit any lower than what it is right now which, I believe at the moment the speed limit is 150 kilometres per hour everywhere, at least on EU2. This could be done by a similar method which was used for the double trailer restricted areas.

Why should it be added?: This should be added because it adds more realism and accuracy into play, which most players would love to see.

Feel free to disagree, just please provide a reason alongside.

Best Regards,

Zombiez

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Well, i dont think the main community wants this. 

At the moment EU2 is used most, followed by EU3, where both have the speed limit of 150. And almost nobody drives at EU1, which has more closer limits to real world (110/60). If people want to use real limit, i would think more people would use EU1 instead of EU3. 

There are also some problems with the real speed limits. Its a truck game, so you would have to use the speed limit for trucks. which would result in 80km/h for most european countries and and country roads its even less. And even in real life people are speeding a bit (well appearantly not 150 with trucks), so i think EU1 is close enough to your suggestion.

If you want to free just the speed limit of cars, there are also differences in country roads and highways. Also i would make the trolls the life even more easier than it is now, as they just could ram people from behind. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

ETS MP is not real live there is no tachograph and limits of hours playning. This is ONLY game... people come back to earth... if You want realism make driver license and go drive trucks what is problem ? Players prefer fun from game not limits as in subject make "EU4 Freeroam No Limits" and give for players choice where they want to play im sure the EU4 will be full all time. +1 for You @Zombiez

DLC Scandinavia have on highways space for 170-180km/h, now Europe has been remade, Italia 4 lines full of space on Entrance and exit to driving srly... map is bigger and better for huge speed not like before. Keep that on mind. 

• Like 1

I see where is this going and I've been thinking about removal of speed limit as well, but I think it should be implemented only on Freeroam server since you can't cause damage to anyone except yourself. When winter mod update was released, players and even staff got into EU4 and went drifting all over Calais and were enjoying themselves. I then don't see a reason why there should be limitation for someone who loves speed and crashes (I guess? :D ).

Now I do think that limit outside of the city and especially in the city should stay the same everywhere except EU4, since there is still some chance that players will be able to react somehow to a situation that occurs in front of them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, henzsa said:

I see where is this going and I've been thinking about removal of speed limit as well, but I think it should be implemented only on Freeroam server since you can't cause damage to anyone except yourself. When winter mod update was released, players and even staff got into EU4 and went drifting all over Calais and were enjoying themselves. I then don't see a reason why there should be limitation for someone who loves speed and crashes (I guess? :D ).

Now I do think that limit outside of the city and especially in the city should stay the same everywhere except EU4, since there is still some chance that players will be able to react somehow to a situation that occurs in front of them. 

Speed limit in city - i dont care 20-30-40km/h no problem if needs to be on EU4 it's fine.

• Like 1

I personally loved the way speed limits worked like a year ago which was the time I believed there were no speed limits even in cities as well. I understand more crashes did occur but I found it to be better then than now, speed limit wise. I dislike the fact if you're on the main road and as you drive past a city, your speed starts decreasing out of nowhere.

@OP

the 93 mph max speed limit on all but EU 4 is fine. it doesn't need to be changed if you and others don't like the fact that you cant go above 93 mph, go play NFS GTA or play in SP. as for your suggestion I give it a -1 for all servers other then EU 4 due to the fact that people driving there can only damage their own trucks so a speed limiter there has no point.

I really think this topic could use a poll. (avoid strawpoll, of course...that system is easily abused.)

I'm not against removing the limiter with an area where its still active similar to what exists for the double trailers, as not nearly as many players are driving out and away from the popular areas.

However, I do think there should be a limiter still. (200 km/h) due to the Scout. Shouldn't be too complicated to add, since almost the entire system is already there, but it will just take little time to map out the area if they don't use the doubles restriction area.

The limiter in ATS should stay how it is. Its already at the limit of the trucks.

It is going to be much harder to drive at those higher speeds, and people will learn to either control their truck at those higher speeds, or learn to stop driving as fast.

The addition of the speed limiter in the first place honestly didn't make a blind difference to the number of accidents in my opinion, because there's plenty of people that just don't have the experience they need to be driving. (Because anyone only needs 3 hours in-game to get on TMP...)

I still don't get the "if you want to drive quickly, go play NFS/GTA" because there's people that play games like GTA and NFS, there's people on there too that want to drive slowly and treat it like a sim of some sort? So what should they play, ETS2? Well they seem happy with the game they have.

I also don't get the "get rid of/limit C-D road" suggestions. The problem isn't the road itself. Sure, i'd like to see a change of scenery for where people are, but removing it or limiting it is just going to make people go somewhere else. Not spread out. People go there because theres lots of people.

Since this has been even opened for discussion, it has a chance to be something accepted. Wasn't just thrown aside in the "this has been suggested before" bin.

I remember when there was no speed limit, and I became very, very good at driving high speeds with those arcade-like physics. 150 km/h still feels like nothing to me. It was a "you crash into someone, no matter what its your fault" thing. I'm fine with that! You have to be able to control your truck even to get up to those speeds, and especially now with the new physics its going to take a good driver to get up to those speeds in places where it'd be considered dangerous. Most players who drive with the speed limiter on have "90 km/h" in their tag, so you will know when you are going to be coming up behind someone rapidly. We didn't have any real indicator of how far away we are before, and if we're closing the distance between someone before. Now we have all these things, that tell/show us where and how close other players are.

The fast drivers seemed to manage just fine without these useful indicators, even in popular areas.

80 km/h limiter in cities is good. Keep that for all cities.

Edited by S̶ ̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶ ̶k̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶

In my opinion, is this a very good idea...

How you already said in the description, it will be much more realistic as it is at the moment. But I think it is a lot of work for the Truckersmp-team to make custom speed limits for every country...

In general the idea has that many advantages, and will extremely improve the realism in the game...

I hope that the TruckersMP-team make this idea become real :D

According to different sources in the internet, the percentage of kilometers of the german Autobahn that are without a speed limit varies between 40 and 60. Naturally, this does not apply to all vehicles classes, and trucks are excluded anyway.
Furthermore, the Autobahn has indeed an advisory speed limit of 130 kph, meaning it is recommended to not to drive faster than that (again, trucks are excluded).

So much about the tale of the "no speed limit in Germany", as mentioned by the OP.

Also, it seems paradox to suggest the implementation of national speed limits, and to recommend to not to reduce the speed limits that are enforced at present. Either you want national speed limits or you want TruckersMP speed limits.

For additional information about european speed limits, I recommend to visit the following website:
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/going_abroad/index_en.htm

For an overview of truck speed limits I have created the following topic some time ago:
https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/75461-european-truck-speed-limits-overview/

• Like 1

@Erik0301

the problem with what you are saying is easy is, if you remove the limiter for the car (reskinned truck) you remove it for trucks. if you set the limiter to 80 mph for trucks it will be applied to the cars (reskinned trucks).. the way it is now, with a 93 mph max speed limiter. the game is fine. if people don't like the 93 mph max speed limit, they can play SP or play an actual racing game.