Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Players saying. “Lagger” to others.

Lbs207

People say “Lagger” to a lot of people. 

I just wanted to say something because I’m bored.

I also just want to see who else calls people a “Lagger” Or gets called a “Lagger”

Before these random updates started happening which nobody knows what they are. I was running perfect with The Snow Mod. 

My internet is a little trash though.

Recently I have been called a Lagger.

Although these people are actually lagging themselves.

They are just too young to know that nothing that anybody owns is perfect and everyone lags including themselves.

After these new updates my game has tanked to 10fps for some reason. No matter what graphics changing I do nothing helps. In single player though I run a good 50 FPS. (Computer locks at 50)

Note I am recording and using “Funbit” telementry.

Getting off topic there sorry. 

I just want to know. Who else calls people laggers, Who gets called Lagger and what anybody’s thoughts are.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lbs207 said:

Recently I have been called a Lagger.

Although these people are actually lagging themselves

There you are... When you see all other players lagging, it's usually you who's actually having lag. About the FPS count, I'd try disabling the recording software, telemetry and anything non-essential to see if things improve. If they do, then you can start enabling one thing, checking, next thing... With this, you can figure out which app is causing the FPS drops. ONTOPIC: I don't play a lot lately and when I do, I always enter EU#1 server. The low player count, about 30 ms. steady ping, it makes it hard to have lag or see people lagging, even when they have 200+ ms. ping times, so I don't call people "lagger", because I don't need to. Back in the day, I'd see players with really heavy lags, but I wouldn't call them "laggers", I'd simply send a message via chat: "Player ABCD, you are lagging badly, should check your connection", and simply because someone suffering lag becomes a danger for himself and for others. About being called a lagger, TBH I can't remember (it's been over 4 years) but I don't think so.

I get called a lagger pretty often.

I know my internet isn't going to be perfect, and everyone be able to tell that because my tag says "USA" right in it. Simple thinking is all it requires.

90% of the people with bad lag already know they have lag, have bad internet, don't know they have lag, or the lag is a random occurrence.

On a side note, ping rarely has anything to do with lag until it starts to reach over 300ms.

Most of the time though its from people that are less than 30 meters from my truck. Even if I had the most stable internet connection in the world, that's still a bad idea.

Yeah ever since these random updates I’ve noticed on my screen everybody is lagging. 

So I just stopped driving in general.

However with the cases I’m talking about nobody is lagging on my screen it’s only the person who calls me a Lagger which is lagging.

Also I did try disabling literally everything and it doesn’t make a difference.

With recording running in singleplayer as always it’s running 30-50 FPS.

Pretty sure it’s whatever they are adding.

Anyway, Personally anybody who calls other drivers Laggers just shouldn’t be driving.

In most cases they are way to young.

Whenever somebody is lagging I just say this for example.

Exmaple number is 2599

”2599, You’re lagging a little bit there. Drive Carefully.”

instead of just

”LAGGER LAGGER LAGGER”

Guest Animaza

I call people laggers to warn others on the road. I'm from the U.S and once every few days I lag, and that's okay! But if your truck is dead stopped in the road for 30 secs at a time... you shouldn't be playing mp at all. Crazy that i'm getting better connection from across the world compared to people miles away from the servers. 

Guest Animaza
11 hours ago, Lbs207 said:

Anyway, Personally anybody who calls other drivers Laggers just shouldn’t be driving.

Other way around. Laggers are causing crashes and bans on the road. I saw some guy 5-6 car lengths away from a lagger and he still got hit by the rubberband. Guy got slingshoted to the other road and then a mod banned him for 3 days. If you constantly lag you shouldn't be playing mp. 

@Lbs207 Hello! Before i bought the actual pc i used to play on my laptop. It was not that sophisticated and when i entered crowded/full roads of players i used to have under 20 FPS which is not quite adequate. I avoided those crowded places of the map to increase FPS, the graphics were on medium with everything else on low and, of course, i was called a lagger even tho i kept the distance from the person in front of me or whatever it was. People should remember that the internet speed and connection is as well as important as the computer. To be honest, I think that many people don't acknowledge or maybe don't want to acknowledge the fact or the possibility that the problem is from them. We will always see and listen people calling others or being called "Laggers". It's just what it is, unfortunately. :)

13 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

I call people laggers to warn others on the road. I'm from the U.S and once every few days I lag, and that's okay! But if your truck is dead stopped in the road for 30 secs at a time... you shouldn't be playing mp at all. Crazy that i'm getting better connection from across the world compared to people miles away from the servers. 

13 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

Other way around. Laggers are causing crashes and bans on the road. I saw some guy 5-6 car lengths away from a lagger and he still got hit by the rubberband. Guy got slingshoted to the other road and then a mod banned him for 3 days. If you constantly lag you shouldn't be playing mp. 

As a US player, you're more than likely lagging a lot for the other European players, just because things don't look like they're lagging on your end, doesn't mean you aren't rubber banding around the road.

Also, the game will already kick you when you have a high enough ping.  Why should you get to dictate what a good internet connection is or what players should be allowed to play?    My ping tends to hover around 40, however it has moments when it likes to sit in the 150s, I've never had issues with lagging players (even ones from china with a 300+ ping on top of mine).  Drive safely, drive responsibly, and keep a distance, and it won't be an issue to drive around laggers.  

Guest Animaza
18 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

As a US player, you're more than likely lagging a lot for the other European players, just because things don't look like they're lagging on your end, doesn't mean you aren't rubber banding around the road.

Why should you get to dictate what a good internet connection is or what players should be allowed to play? 

1. I have LAG in my name, so even on the rare times that I do lag, people know already. When I do so, it is a small lag, i'm talking about the people where their trucks are actually causing a traffic jam because their truck is dead stopped on the road for 30 secs to even minutes at a time.
2. When you are causing other drivers to be banned, because you are lagging, that's when you should stop playing.

Yeah true with that #2 I noticed sometimes I suddenly shoot up to 1800 ping so I just pull over and restart my PC.

Also this seems fairly active.

i recently reinstalled my game.

After clicking play it’s just only black screen, Nothing else.

Do I just spend another day reinstalling it or is there another way? 

3 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

When I do so, it is a small lag, i'm talking about the people where their trucks are actually causing a traffic jam because their truck is dead stopped on the road for 30 secs to even minutes at a time.

That's my comment.  How do you know you're not lagging like that to other players?  How do you know it's just "small lag"?

3 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

2. When you are causing other drivers to be banned, because you are lagging, that's when you should stop playing.

I highly doubt the admins are looking at these reports and banning players because someone lagging hit them, they're more than likely getting banned for other reasons.  I would love to see some evidence to support that claim.

Guest Bruce T.

I think this is a good thing, since the players are warning you that your connection is bad. I do not see any insult or anything offensive. Of course for those driving behind a player and suddenly the truck stops and ends beating behind is very frustrating but it is something that there is no avoiding, especially using the Winter Mod. 

It's part of the game and can happen to anyone. We can not keep crying for something that has already happened, just get back on the road and continue your journey normally ... No wonder there is a command called /fix for players who are making a delivery.

Lagger is not offensive imo. It's good to let people know, but do keep in mind that there's nothing a player can do to fix lag or high ping, except to physically upgrade computer / network hardware.

Actually TMP devs did a really good job minimizing the impacts from lagging / high ping players. In 2015 and before, lagging trucks used to violently jump around randomly and send everyone around them flying.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Guest Animaza
On 1/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

That's my comment.  How do you know you're not lagging like that to other players?  How do you know it's just "small lag"?

I highly doubt the admins are looking at these reports and banning players because someone lagging hit them, they're more than likely getting banned for other reasons.  I would love to see some evidence to support that claim.

I know when people tell me that i'm lagging. Also my mirrors, if I see the guy behind me fly into the air I know what happened, and I have seen myself in yt videos from other players, my truck is not lagging one bit. And, of course mods aren't banning for lagging, but a ban video isn't always the full picture, that's why I record myself, to ban and protect myself. Like I said, I was driving on C-D road and this truck rubberbanded into this guy, the guy crashed into another truck on the opposite lane. Mod probably looked over at the last second to only see him crash into the player, and did not see the lag. Mod banned him for 3 days. If that guy was not recording himself...well that ban is forever on his record, thanks to a lagger.

10 hours ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

Like I said, I was driving on C-D road and this truck rubberbanded into this guy, the guy crashed into another truck on the opposite lane. Mod probably looked over at the last second to only see him crash into the player, and did not see the lag. Mod banned him for 3 days. If that guy was not recording himself...well that ban is forever on his record, thanks to a lagger.

You can remove the lag entirely and still have the same scenario.  A crappy driver hit a player, the player crashed into someone else and the admin didn't see the full video and only caught the crash. 

If the banned player wasn't recording his own drive, there's nothing that can be done and it's honestly not an issue with lag it's an issue with incorrect punishments from one-sided views.  

If you're worried about some kind of punishment for something, record your drives.  Otherwise, don't complain when something happens because no one else has evidence or was involved.  It honestly just comes down to he-said/she-said accusations and I imagine in most cases the mods are just going to side with whoever has footage.

Also as @LOCK-MAN stated, if you're driving on C-D you're taking the risk, accept any possible consequences from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, all players lag at one point especially in high populated areas such as Calais or Duisburg, the lag gets insane and the FPS drops by a huge amount. Getting called a “lagger” is nothing bad, however you calling someone a “lagger” isn’t good either just send a friendly message them saying “Your lagging bad/sometimes”. Then I think that sets it all :)

Personally, I lied only in cities where many people are, such as Duisburg, Calais, etc. But I also try to avoid this route as far as possible.

Dear Lbs207,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived