Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

General *Optional* Mods / Winter Mod Full Support

InsaneCallum

Suggestion Name:

Client Side Mod Support (Specific mods, ones that do not effect other players

Suggestion Description:

First I made a post in the general discussion to see what other people in the community think and got a general response to my idea.

As the winter mod has been allowed in multiplayer, it has not been hosted by TruckersMP and only checked through the filename and the MD5. In theory (If im right), support mods that only effect the client should not use any extra storage on TruckersMP side or anyone who doesn't wish to use the mod, for example the winter mod. As anyone who doesn't wish to use the mod is not required to download it, it shouldn't effect TruckersMP install side by much. 

My idea is, if TruckersMP can get in contact with some modders and have the ability to create a list of file names + MD5 in a database (or how ever you would like to implement this) which would check which files that are in the mod folder and compare them with what is in the database. If the files to do match (incorrect names or MD5) the server would refuse to let them connect.

Checking the MD5 would see if a file has been tempered with or corrupt as the specific file would have a different MD5 to what the server has stored.

For downloading the modification, TruckersMP would not be hosting the files and the user would have to find the mod through the actual mod creators post. (Or have a list in the forums of supported mods and where you can find them)

Any example images: 

N/A

Why should it be added?:

Having optional mods would improve the players overall experience. As for the winter mod, players can get a higher framerate and a smoother experience aswell as having the game look how they want to have it without effecting anyone else's experience.

However, in the post I made in the general discussions the community would not like to have the physics mod at all times. (Due to effecting other players experience, this can stay as a seasonal event)

Similar Post:

• Upvote 1