Drifting car?!

Woodpeacker

I am bad at English.
I got help from the translator.
Please understand.

It is about a recently updated physical engine-{Physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, COGs)}.

My car skips when I turn around or hold the brake.  I feel like I'm drifting. I feel worse when I ride 4x2.

I want them to get this update back on track.

It seems to have changed more realistically.  But games are not reality, and at best, games are just games.

The update would have cost a lot of money and manpower. know full well

I wrote because I thought they still need to change or improve.  What do you think?

13 hours ago, [viva] sparky2k1292 said:

This is part of the snow mod you have installed. You can go back to normal physics by just uninstalling the frosty_physics_7_01.scs.

12 hours ago, Roofo said:

This is a plug-in of the snow mode that you have installed in this  mode frosty physics_7_01.ss. You can solve it by removing the file.

12 hours ago, Mihad said:

If you have installed the Winter MOD please delete the "frosty_physics_7_01.scs" file from the ETS2MP folder in Documents. It should fix the problem :)

Thank you for your answer. But I have never installed Winter MOD.

SCS has updated their physics recently to more realistically simulate how the trucks should behave (still a work in progress).  The Skoda is really just a modified truck so it won't behave as realistically as it should.

13 hours ago, Woodpeacker said:

It seems to have changed more realistically.  But games are not reality, and at best, games are just games.

You are right that games are still just games however you bought something that is clearly trying to be a simulator.  This isn't "Euro Truck Arcade" it's "Euro Truck Simulator" and even if it's not 100% accurate, it still strives for the realism over arcade gameplay.

Don't think that's the case @[ConSecGroup] Dan since he mentioned he didn't install it ;)

It may be caused by (already mentioned) changes in physics of course. But I'd like to ask, when that happens? If you are going 130 km/h or above and there is a tight turn in front of you, you'll probably slide. Same goes if you suddenly decide to brake in high speed. Now if it happens in low speed I'm not sure what other explanation there is :)

14 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

SCS added these physics changes to make it more like a simulator. I personally love them but if you want to lower the simulation then you can put g_truck_stability, g_suspenser_stiffness, and g_trailer_stability up.

I think this is the answer I want. Thank you very much.

• Matt locked this topic

Archived