Winter Mod - Discussion

InsaneCallum

Here is my opinion on the full story.

- The introduction and download

It got announced that the winter mod was back and ready to be used. Though, it is a mod from someone else, not by TMP. I do not mind using external made mods. It is good to support people.

Though it caused many problems. Installing was at some point confusing and people could not download the files. "This is not the fault of TMP". Correct, TMP did a good job with all they did but lets keep in mind that they are still communicating this mod. Wheter they want it or not, people will connect the mod first with TMP, not with the actual creator.

- "Sorry, winter mod"

I strongly believe in everyone using the mod. Some people use the mod and others do not. This causes problems on the road. Some can drive 140kph and others need to pay attention not to slip away. This is dangerous for both sides. It would not surprise me if the amount of reports got higher when the winter mod was released. Too bad we can't check that, holiday also kicked in = more peopld online. With all this in mind, we would use this mod only for a small period.

- Conclusion?

I like the winter mod a lot, it is something a lot of people look forward to, including myself. Though I believe that some negative parts could have been prevented or minimalized. Anyway, I do not blame TMP in general.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the winter mod but, the physics have got to go. There’s way too many players drifting and causing problems with it. I really would hate to see the reports due to the physics mod being to blame. Yes, some players can drive proper with it but, there’s a lot that can’t. That’s my opinion.

Overall, it’s a very good mod.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

My opinion of Winter mod:

Its a really nice mod with physics improvements. I love winter scenery. But it has a few bad things. The first thing is a problem with physics, so if you go off the road, in most cases you will rotate like a spinner. The second thing is that most of the players have downloaded the mod, but some of it still have summer and it looks pretty stupid. And the last problem is about whole players, some drive really carefully, but there is also a group of this, who drive to maximum and doesn't care about others, ram them and they go on.  

Here's my opinion of the winter mod:

Like said before: it's an awesome experience with the new physics.

A lot of players need to get used to the physics, so i recommend to check somehow how long they already drove with this mod.

If you already played 2h+ with the physics you'll get used to it.

I don't blame TMP anything or the people playing with it without getting used to it.

Overall it's an awesome mod!

percent_0                                                          76561198040805919.pngAddFriend.png

4 hours ago, Chev said:

I love the winter mod but, the physics have got to go. There’s way too many players drifting and causing problems with it. I really would hate to see the reports due to the physics mod being to blame. Yes, some players can drive proper with it but, there’s a lot that can’t. That’s my opinion.

Overall, it’s a very good mod.

The physics may be to blame, but the user will still end up with a punishment depending on what rules they broke and how severe it was. :thinking: Punishments will still be given out fairly.

And also think of it this way: somebody who is stupid enough to go drifting and potentially get banned, would've eventually gotten banned for something else anyway. 

If you add the physics mod it is all your responsibility if you crash into someone because of it and will get punished if it is your fault.

There is no excuse when using winter mod, since you dont need to use it if you don't want to. 

I am not using it, but still drive responsibly even if i go full speed all the time.

I don't think having snow all year is a good thing, right now, people are using the snow mod as an excuse for their reckless driving, so all year of that? heck no!

Also, this is a simulator, so winter all year round, realistic? I don't think so!

The people the are getting into accidents with winter physics are the same people that were crashing without it, they're just using it at an excuse. Getting rid of the physics won't stop those people from crashing in the first place.

Personally I've had almost no issues with it, I've tapped a couple of people during panic brake situations but overall the physics don't make a huge difference until you drive too fast. It's a really fun addition, and where I live for whatever reason we've had almost no snow this year so it's actually pretty enjoyable to have for now. If you get off the C-D route and drive with some people it can be a ton of fun. C-D will always be a mess regardless of what physics we have. 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:57 AM, Dziada said:

How many times does it need to be said?

Drive a truck like it's supposed to be driven and nothing bad will happen. It's not rocket science.

In addition to what @Dziada already correctly stated:

please also remember that the driving behavior must always be adapted to the road- and weather conditions as well.

If snowfall impairs your view, adapt your speed (slow down).
If icy roads impairs the manoeuverability of your vehicle, adapt your speed (slow down).

Drive safely!

7 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

In addition to what @Dziada already correctly stated:

please also remember that the driving behavior must always be adapted to the road- and weather conditions as well.

If snowfall impairs your view, adapt your speed (slow down).
If icy roads impairs the manoeuverability of your vehicle, adapt your speed (slow down).

Drive safely!

The best way to use correctly the Winter mod.... especially the last line....:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there, 

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :) 

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived