Winter Mod - Discussion

InsaneCallum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@InsaneCallum If they scrap the physics and allow just the seasonal look, than I have no problem with it.  However I assumed we were talking about the mod in its current form and I wouldn't want to see people abusing the physics all the time.

I added into the posted "without physics" to see peoples opinions on that, as i 100% understand people not wanting the physics 24/7 which i would see as stupid and only a christmas thing for that. But for more optional mods. I think it would be great (as long as it does not effect other players experience)

45 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@InsaneCallum Ah, I hadn't seen the edit when I was initially commenting.  I'm all for personal/client-side mods, and I can honestly suggest plenty I would like, but I imagine it would just create a lot of work for the TMP devs to ensure the mods are always up to date or compatible. 

In theory they would just need to update the MD5s and removing them if a mod is not compatible. Sounds take long if they have communicate with reputable modders 

17 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

In theory they would just need to update the MD5s and removing them if a mod is not compatible. Sounds take long if they have communicate with reputable modders 

I have no idea what the MD5s are, and I generally have no real background in programming/coding (last time was back in the early 90's. LoL) so I just assumed it would be a bit of work and not a simple task.  If it is something they could easily keep on top of, I would definitely love to see some seasonal mods (and if I could get my wish, SISL's Flat UI).

25 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I have no idea what the MD5s are, and I generally have no real background in programming/coding (last time was back in the early 90's. LoL) so I just assumed it would be a bit of work and not a simple task.  If it is something they could easily keep on top of, I would definitely love to see some seasonal mods (and if I could get my wish, SISL's Flat UI).

An MD5 is hashing algorithm, lets just say it is a set of characters (although its not a guaranteed unique ID). The .SCS files have these which can be used to see if a file has be modified or corrupt. So the truckersmp provide a list of mods to the actual mod creators of which mod they allow. They can use the MD5 to compare with a set of MD5s the server will have and if they match, it will allow the mod in multiplayer. If not, it will kick you out.

Personally I actually like this mod, even though most of the time things do happen it’s actually really fun to play. However I wouldn’t recommend playing it on EU 1,2,3 cos if you crash due to the slippy road then you are kinda screwed. So I would recommend taking it on EU4, other than that it’s a great add on to the game and makes it look 10x more reliastic.

10 hours ago, davidd said:

@Dziada I understand that, but there are still people who are driving around in cars with ‘WINTER MOD’ in their tag, ramming every second person and saying ‘sry winter mod’ in the chat when they do. It causes a lot more chaos than necessary to be honest. 

Then you should report them to a moderator with proof.

The first weeks will be chaos as people learn to adapt to the new conditions, once those weeks are up it will be fine. In mid January, everything will be normal, but people won't be driving as fast due to the slippery roads. This is how real winter goes too, at first it's chaos of people on summer tyres getting stuck, but eventually everything goes back to normal as people adapt to the winter.

1 hour ago, [TAL CEO] BlackSkill said:

Players ask developers to add Winter Physics Mod -> Developers listen to players and add physics mod
Players ask developers why they added Winter Physics Mod -> :thinking:

If there's snow, the conditions are snowy. You can't go fast, steer hard, or brake hard or you crash. That's what the physics mod is, it really isn't that complicated.

The physics are realistic. And as I have said many many times, Drive a truck like it is supposed to be driven, and you will be fine (with very small exceptions)

19 hours ago, Dziada said:

If there's snow, the conditions are snowy. You can't go fast, steer hard, or brake hard or you crash. That's what the physics mod is, it really isn't that complicated.

The physics are realistic. And as I have said many many times, Drive a truck like it is supposed to be driven, and you will be fine (with very small exceptions)

Well, I think that It's a really great mod, but not for this community. I mean people play this game for a race, they don't play it as a simulation game, where you need to check your speed or watch in mirrors.
I've seen lots of people driving near Calais - Duisburg and writing Sorry, WinterMod.

And yes, I agree with you;)

In my opinion, Phisics Mods should be only avalable on EU 1 or EU4, to avoid been used to race on colision servers and create more "usless" or "idiots" reports...

Also as a way to increase the number of drivers on Eu1 where you have to drive more  like a truck it is supposed to be driven.

:wesmart::110:

Besides the snow mod, season mods in general would be a really nice feature added to the multiplayer. ^.^

Kind regards,                                                           

Sana                                    

39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0 f48JosS.png

Feedback | Support | Rules | Knowledge Base |

On 12/30/2018 at 10:38 AM, Erik0301 said:

Why should be worst the drivers with winter mod? isn't making anything slippery

Well it actually does if you are using the physics file as well...

I really like the mod, its now harder on the ways from and to bergen for example! But please! Not the whole year :D

Archived