Winter Mod - Discussion

InsaneCallum

Hello, i'm extremely happy that the snow mod is now in Multiplayer.

However i want to see the communities response to a idea i have.

- Could the mod possibly be available to use all year round, as the truckersmp team would only need to update their MD5s of the files to make sure we are using the correct mod files

- More mods like this being added in the future (optional)

- I see alot of people wouldnt want the physics to stay, but how about keeping the other mods that change the graphics and therefore wouldnt effect other players?

None of the files are hosted by TruckersMP therefore it should not be too much of a hassle (If im right with what im thinking)

Edit: I made a addon suggestion based on the communities feedback (Hopefully you would like to see this as much as i do.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, InsaneCallum said:

Hello, i'm extremely happy that the snow mod is now in Multiplayer.

However i want to see the communities response to a idea i have.

- Could the mod possibly be available to use all year round, as the truckersmp team would only need to update their MD5s of the files to make sure we are using the correct mod files

- More mods like this being added in the future (optional)

None of the files are hosted by TruckersMP therefore it should not be too much of a hassle (If im right with what im thinking)

I wouldnt say no to a mod(s) that change with the season but if they have the same issues as the winter mod (users sliding around non stop) id say limit it for only a small amount of time

It would be nice if we could add other mods that can be approved and are fair to everyone else like truck mods (as long as the engine isn't over 750 hp or something crazy like that), graphics mods, etc. that don't affect other players. Once the mod is approved the mod can be downloaded by everyone if they would like to use it.

12 hours ago, Harley said:

Sounds like a good idea but snow for a full year wouldn't work in my opinion. More like every 5 months? 

Just a question, why wouldnt you think it would work?

As not everyone has to use it

(They may want to disable physics as im sure it may annoy people, maybe only physics at christmas)

I just like the idea of having the option, and if it doesnt seem to be causing issues for TruckersMp, i dont see why not.

2 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@Dudeface I don't see any "pros" in that video, I just see bad drivers losing control of their cars in the wintermod and calling it drifting.

To OP;

While I wouldn't want the Wintermod to be available year round, I do think it would be nice if they had support for his spring and fall mods.

It's almost as if that's the joke. (Also one of the cars that spun was an admin.)

1 hour ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@Dudeface I don't see any "pros" in that video, I just see bad drivers losing control of their cars in the wintermod and calling it drifting.

To OP;

While I wouldn't want the Wintermod to be available year round, I do think it would be nice if they had support for his spring and fall mods.

Why is that? You wouldnt "have" to use the winter mod, so it wouldnt effect you. I dont see why players who want to use it shouldnt have the ability (im sure they have to scrap the physics to only be a christmas time thing)

6 hours ago, Dziada said:

Drive a truck like it's supposed to be driven and nothing bad will happen. It's not rocket science.

I completely agree with you, people just don't know how to drive. People thought C-D was bad without the winter mod, it's much worst now 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

Archived