Don't go onto C-D Road with Winter Mod

Animaza

doing C-D road with the winter mod( winter,physic and heavy, 3 files).. isnt the problem... it is the driver who driver above 80 km/h and overtake everything and everyones. the mod do nothing else than give some realism to the game and i am really happy to have it and use it. other drivers need to take thiere distance and be respectfull at each others and no problem will happen... ( i alway keep 50/70meters between me and the driver infront ) .. you take the risk with the addition ( mod ) to mayby ( potential ) to be banned if you are recklessly driving ( overspeeding and ramming and overtaking others drivers) so you will be punish if you use it in a way to put others players in danger or risk of accident. 

" srry winter mod " in my opinion this isnt a reason to be reckless, or an excuse to justify your action that could make you be banned..you as a player accepted to use the mod and if you get recorded then to bad for you...

LoL, that was me earlier out in Southern France when I had first enabled the mod.  I Under-estimated the stopping distance required my first time stopping and I slid a few feet into an intersection cutting off another player.  He was thankfully understanding and I've since gotten to terms with the handling changes, but I still apologized and explained why I made the mistake.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it(the winter mod) is any kind of an excuse, but I just hope that most players will respond appropriately and not just freak out about minor accidents & mistakes.

You can delete the "Physics" file so you can handle your driving a lot better.

If you're caught violating the rules in anyway whether you're/not using the physics file, you can still be banned.

So my answer is, if you're going to use the Physics file, then please do not drive down the Duisburg roads as it will only cause issues for yourself and other users.

Any of us who lives in snowy climates will know that being unable to control your own vehicle in slippery conditions and causing an accident constitutes as reckless/careless driving. Think of it as driving in snow/ice without winter tyres (which is stupidly allowed in most of Canada and the USA).

I tested and crashed a few times (into guard rails/ditches) when I first enabled the mod in a remote area to get a feel of it, then have been on the C-D road without any problems. Just keep in mind massive under-steer and very long braking distance. Highest speed I could safely take those curves without sliding into oncoming lane were around 70, when normally you can do up to 100+ with a 20t cargo.

If there is stopped traffic in front, apply full braking and turn on hazard lights way in advance to warn others behind, it may seem like there is a lot of distance left, but then you realise your vehicle is hardly slowing down and the next thing you know is that you need to make it to the shoulder to stop without hitting the person in front. Also keep an eye on the mirror for those behind too. 

TLDR: slow way down and turn your wheel more, brake to the fullest and early because you will keep sliding, turn on hazards to warn others they will need to full brake too.

@Dziada - Oh I know that mine was nothing I was just in the "Sorry, testing the winter mod" boat earlier, however I'm sure we all know that some people can over react and would be freaking out just because (in my case) they got cut off.

As for driving on C-D with the winter physics, it's perfectly doable even with the heavy trailers (I'm currently in the middle of taking a cable reel down to Calais) you just need to plan for the difference in physics. 

imo new physics makes the driving even more unrealistic.

For those never physically driven a motor vehicle - the game is very different and is NOT a substitution of your driver's training.

Real life snow weather driving - NEVER apply full brake or hard steering! Doing so (either one, or combined) will only cause you to lose control and crash hard. 

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I understand that people are getting used to the physics but since it takes forever to stop from 80-90 km/h you should be keeping 2x the distance you normally do. I think people should maybe keep 120-150m away if they're using the physics mod in case they need to stop immediately. If people go well over 100 then it is their fault for going too fast when they know it takes awhile to stop at that speed, it's also the same principle in real life when it comes to high speeds in icy roads. My max speed with winter mod is 70-90 km/h. Also a tip for stopping faster, use the engine brake combined with the normal brakes, it really helps you stop faster.

The excuse of "sorry winter mod" is so invalid in my opinion. It's like driving irl, just because there is ice and snow that is no excuse to crash into another vehicle.

We (in Norway) have a very nice rule to prevent stuff like that. It pretty much says that even tho the speed limit sign says 110 you need to be aware of the road conditions and need to adjust your driving to that.

Say if the road is really icy and you crash into another vehicle injuring someone, and say "I drove the speed limit". That won't be good enough. They will say that you should have adjusted your driving to the conditions and you will receive punishment. Whether that is jail a ticket depends on the severity of the incident.

So be careful when you drive in these snowy/icy conditions :D

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Don't go on C-D roads with the winter mod

You are wrong with this statement for two reasons.

- You are most likely saying this due to the actual physics giving you a slippery experience. If we take Calais-Duisburg as an example; It does have a few bends and points you have to turn. If you drive a nice and steady amount of kms/h you have nothing to be afraid of. You need to adjust your speed to the snow, people around you and the bend or intersection. Also paying more attentition to your steering will do wonders.

- Other people cause a danger to you? I feel like this is very reasonable. A lot of people, which I was surprised of, are driving really careful and with respect for other people. I personally place 'SNOW' in my tag so people know I will drive differently. The people that are still driving asocial or dangerous, talk to them to make them aware or report them.

I hope this was a value and/or answer to your post! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived