Winter mod for ATS MP?

NKM01

Here's the thing, as stated earlier in this thread, there is already a winter mod for ATS by the same person for the same version of the game. If TMP wanted, they could simply just allow that one in ATS and all would be fine and dandy. That literally would take no effort. All they have to do is do it. I don't see why that wasn't already done.

https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/frosty-winter-weather-mod-ats/

Edit: Here's a suggestion thread for this exact thing, please go and upvote it.

It is probably because most people play ETS2 more than ATS, so TMP has done a hard job for everyone to use the winter mod. But in my opinion, TMP should release the winter mod in ATS because there are many people who like ATS, in recent years, I don't see the winter mod being released for ATS but instead it is only released for ETS2. Why ?

You can look back, when ATS had WOT event, there were a lot of people playing ATS, even TMP must open a 3rd server for ATS so everyone could play. Therefore, if ATS has a winter mod, I think there will be a lot of people who like and play ATS more.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:41 AM, Disgruntled ATS MP User said:

^ Absolutely agree with Joao. TMP has been neglecting ATS for a long while. The size of the playerbase for ATS MP shouldn't matter. If they're going to support both games, both games need to be treated equally or they need to stop supporting the game they're going to treat unfairly. As it stands now, TMP treats ATS like some second rate trash. And as for "some of the states in ATS don't get snow IRL" (aka, the "realism" excuse),  so the f*** what? Who f****** cares about realism in TMP? It's difficult to be realistic or have realism in TMP when you've got kids and trolls flying around the highways at 100+ MPH, crashing into you, everyone else, and everything else, screaming into their mics over the CB and getting pissy at you for trying to play the game how it should be played. The "realism" excuse is a sh**** excuse. It doesn't apply to TMP as TMP currently stands. ATS should absolutely get winter mod support, regardless of if it's realistic or not, or if ATS MP has the playerbase or not.

I'll tell you what. Snow in ATS MP would absolutely be realistic. How? Because it'd be a nuclear winter. Why? Because with how the kids and trolls drive and act, it's like a f****** apocalypse. There's your "realism" in ATS MP.

I do NOT agree with you there (or the language you are using)! Just cause the players are trolls dosent mean we cant try to keep it realistic. And California, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico dosent really get snow. Where as all the countries in ETS2 atm does. I have been to Italy in the winter and they can get some bad snow! So it just seems right to keep the winter mod out of ATS. Now you are more than free to download the winter mod for ATS and use it in single player if you really wish for snow, but trying to say that we shouldent try to be realistic just cause we have a few trolls, is just bad. And if you dont like the trolls on EU2 then give EU1 a go. And the talk that we dont do as much for ATS as ETS2 is just not right. We update ATS just as fast as ETS2 when they have a new major update out. And we cant do much with ATS since SCS dosent do much with it. SCS focusses more time into ETS2, or thats how it used to be, so we do too since ETS2 gets more updates.

True, ETS2 gets more updates and all, and it may be true that the states in ATS don't get much snow these years, but why should that matter in a game?  And anyways, I used the snow mod for ATS in single player and it doesn't add much snow to the game. I live in the U.S. and seeing ETS2 get the snow mod support and ATS  does not while we all know that yeah, we might not get much snow, we do get snow, so why does the game that is based around here have to be stuck in summer? I could go on about more problems I dislike in ATS MP like only the engine of the train goes by or at time the malfunctioning railroad gate that always flashes its light but there is no train coming according to my free cam search. But I have dealt with those since the beginning of me getting TMP a long time ago, and they aren't the topic of this discussion anyways. And by what was said, it just proves that yes, ATS  is being treated unfairly by both  SCS and  TMP. Sure,  you can't do as much since SCS does not do as much, but that shouldn't stop you guys from holding your own events in ATS or adding mod support for a mod like this like you guys do for ETS2. Of the time I had TMP, I have yet to see a single event hold by TMP in ATS, I only saw you guys watch over the traffic during the clean up of the mudslide event which by the way, was hold by SCS. Not a single event in ATS,  and yet many in ETS2, so you can not say you are treating it equally.

NKM01

NKM01B01

Yes,  there has been snow in those places, and to be honest, the desert in Washington state is actually getting more snow than the rest of the state this winter. I have heard of snow in Arizona, though it is rare, and i have  heard of snow in those other places you mentioned.  Also, the only 3 states that is not being hammered in snow right now is Washington, Oregon,  and California.  The rest of the state's is getting more snow than those 3 states combined. So it can happen, and it is for some of those areas. The snow would only be more of a dry snow in those areas than what the rest of us get.

NKM01

NKM01B01

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Great comments and a few good friendly debates going on .  lets just hope that the "powers that be" have read through. 

Thanks to everyone who posted or at least liked or upvoted on others. 

To wrap it up. 

1 I hope we don't have this same conversation next year.

2 While yes it may not snow in every state and or just parts.  Personally don't care, would be a nice change.  Should we get it next year those that don't like snow everywhere , turn it off.    

That's my thoughts. safe trucking everyone, if ya See myself or dessertdog around say hi. 

Hello There NKM01

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived