Winter mod for ATS MP?

NKM01

I played both ATS MP and ETS2 MP  and ETS2 MP has a winter mod you can get for it while in ATS MP  you can't.  So I was wondering if I should suggest it. I talked with my VTC (Vitural Trucking Company) and they were wondering the same thing. So I suggested that we ask.  So here I am. 

What would you think about a winter mod for ATS MP? 

NKM01

NKM01B01

11 minutes ago, Gnl_Hugh122 said:

As most people play ETS2 over ATS and therefor I assume that the TruckersMP team have been working harder to get that out first, another note is that one or two of the states in ATS receive little snow anytime throughout the year.

Agreed.

For TruckersMP at least, ATS just doesn't have anywhere close to the same playerbase so there's not as much of a demand for it, and therefore less of a reason to create it... It's a huge amount of work for a small minority of players.

DIESEL | 275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

^ Absolutely agree with Joao. TMP has been neglecting ATS for a long while. The size of the playerbase for ATS MP shouldn't matter. If they're going to support both games, both games need to be treated equally or they need to stop supporting the game they're going to treat unfairly. As it stands now, TMP treats ATS like some second rate trash. And as for "some of the states in ATS don't get snow IRL" (aka, the "realism" excuse),  so the f*** what? Who f****** cares about realism in TMP? It's difficult to be realistic or have realism in TMP when you've got kids and trolls flying around the highways at 100+ MPH, crashing into you, everyone else, and everything else, screaming into their mics over the CB and getting pissy at you for trying to play the game how it should be played. The "realism" excuse is a sh**** excuse. It doesn't apply to TMP as TMP currently stands. ATS should absolutely get winter mod support, regardless of if it's realistic or not, or if ATS MP has the playerbase or not.

I'll tell you what. Snow in ATS MP would absolutely be realistic. How? Because it'd be a nuclear winter. Why? Because with how the kids and trolls drive and act, it's like a f****** apocalypse. There's your "realism" in ATS MP.

I just played a few hours on ETS2 on winter mode(it's sooo good) and I think it would be such a great idea to put on ATS the winter mode as well. It would be a change of scenary, it would be something new, some improvement and I think everyone would be glad to play it. I would play it for sure. I think they should be taking this as a heads up. :P

@Gnl_Hugh122

a good portion of Nevada and a fair bit of both New Mexico and Arizona get snow. the farther north in all 3 states you go the more snow is likely. would it look weird to see snow in places like Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Albuquerque? not really, because they can get snow, even though all three states are considered desert states they can and do get snow

Hi All, 

Forgive me if i missed a post that answers this.  I went through the posts for the winter mod.  I don't have a problem with how to download or where to put the files as far as ETS is concerned.  BUT...  here's my issues. 

In the post https://truckersmp.com/blog/136  the first link on the page.

https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/frosty-winter-weather-mod/ 

There appears to be files for ATS on the right hand side lists files for ATS - click on "FROSTY WINTER" which takes you to https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/frosty-winter-weather-mod-ats/

and then this Download: frosty_ats_v2_5.scs [491.2 MB] 

which does not seem to work.  

After reading through the main topic I got as far as page 15.  as majority of the posts where complaining about not being able to DL or having connection issues.

It was asked at least 5 times if this was compatible with ATS or if ATS was getting snow.  which none had a reply.  

#1 If ATS is not supported or not going to be.  don't leave us guessing a common mistake made by people posting, just because the person writing the post may understand there is nothing for ATS.  unless you actually state the fact we cant read your mind.

#2  remove the link so people are not trying to DL and try to get it to work get frustrated and annoyed or update that info.  and or add instructions.  

And just one more comment.  It should not matter which has a bigger user / fan base.  I hope that ETS is not more of a priority over ATS but if you read through the forums it does appear people are thinking it.

We are all players after all.

On a positive , a big thank you to everyone who works hard to give us TMP  and mwl4 for the snow mod

cheers everyone,  hope you have a happy and safe new years.

as far as having the mod for ATS, it would be a nice option for people and would be fine with it being added. I personally wouldn't use it due to having a sever photosensitivity, which would cause me to have sever headaches due to how bright it would possible be with head lights on the snow. under normal game play I don't have any issues with driving during the day time in game, and have the lights muted from other players. it is also why I don't use the aux. light while in ETS even though I have them installed on my trucks. in there I added them for decoration. and as a last resort I can turn them on though I mostly use the Scania R with the added main headlights.

so if TMP were to add the winter mod to ATS I would be happy for those that got to use it.

You have to look at it this way though if the winter mod was put into ATS then u would have more on the ATS servers. If u look back on the Big Sur event the servers were over 1000 players. People get excited when more content is added. The way it stands now ATS does not get the same respect as ETS 2. If it was treated equal then I am sure more would play ATS. Saying that ETS 2 is the better sim is invalid because it is an older sim. In order for ATS to grow it needs the same attention that ETS 2 has received in the past. My point is that if it was ATS that was released before ETS 2 would ETS 2 get less attention. 

42 minutes ago, Msan1958 said:

Forget it guys. We have requested the winter mod for ATS in the past but have never received it. It does snow in the northern parts of NV, CA and of course OR. But as we see it ETS 2 gets it and we don't. No use in crying over spilled milk as they say. Just my 2 cents

I highly agree

It seems to me everyone is getting hung up on number of online players .  ETS over ATS.   ( i know this is off topic any mods feel this needs to be moved into another category or new post please let me know)

Yes ETS has a lot more players , more servers etc.  BUT  here's what should matter.

personally I play MP ATS every day least an hour max about four hours depending on RL.  I have a friend who we both get on during this time.  My wife also comes on plays on occasion.   

and we have done this for well over a year now.  We are small compared to other VTC`s. We don't do it for numbers. 

As we drive around we get hellos from people who have seen us around and say hello, ask how were doing etc. And we always hear others doing the same.

and this is what should matter.   I am just one person and I know I am not the only one who has done this. 

I have at least 4 people on my friends list that have their own VTC  who have also brought in others and or helped others in game.

so you start to see a snowball effect and a community of truckers that love their game and for the most part get along and help others . travel together etc

regardless of the numbers, we do our bit.  so when we the community of ATS have something like this happen  it does feel like a slap in the face.  

And as it has been pointed out several times.  by adding things like this to ATS does increase numbers.  Over my time playing when ever there is a new DLC or map add on.

The numbers jump up.

Maybe as a community we need to get more involved with the TMP for ATS.  Actions speak louder than words.

Finally I want to add.  That everyone who puts in their time to bring us TMP ATS we thank you cause lets face it .  If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be having this conversation,  but lets turn it into a positive and focus on what should matter. 

Happy new year everyone from New Zealand

6 hours ago, lonewolfnz1 said:

As we drive around we get hellos from people who have seen us around and say hello, ask how were doing etc. And we always hear others doing the same.

and this is what should matter.   I am just one person and I know I am not the only one who has done this. 

I have at least 4 people on my friends list that have their own VTC  who have also brought in others and or helped others in game.

so you start to see a snowball effect and a community of truckers that love their game and for the most part get along and help others . travel together etc

regardless of the numbers, we do our bit.  so when we the community of ATS have something like this happen  it does feel like a slap in the face.  

That is one of the things I like about playing ATS over ETS2. The community is so nice and (usually) won't scream at you in Russian.

Back on topic; I think ATS should get this winter mod. Now of course ETS2 has the bigger playerbase, so usually they'll get it first. However ATS should get some love too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST US!

7 hours ago, lonewolfnz1 said:

It seems to me everyone is getting hung up on number of online players .  ETS over ATS.   ( i know this is off topic any mods feel this needs to be moved into another category or new post please let me know)

Yes ETS has a lot more players , more servers etc. 

G'day all, new to forum and TMP (1 month player).

As was stated above don't get hung up on numbers....... 

Hmmm, wrong.  Numbers do matter as the more there are the 'louder' the voice (I am a WoW and WoT survivor) and the exact same thing happened with those games.  The lesser populated servers where treated like pariahs and received very little 'love and attention' from the developers because it "Was not worth their time".

Those aforementioned developers are now (still I believe) unemployed because it caused such a huge backlash from the WHOLE community that the 'owners' have ensured (this was 4 years back) that ALL servers get the same 'love and attention', regardless of numbers.

Yes I do realise that the numbers we are talking here are well into the millions, however, if we don't make ourselves heard, nothing will be done as it isn't 'heard' by the hierarchy and so they are unable to make the necessary decisions and/or changes.

So, best thing to do is to keep this thread 'alive', drag (kicking and screaming if need be) players from ETS over here to voice their opinion and we may well see some reaction (hopefully changes) from the higher echelon.

"OldFart"

10.20 - Philippines

Archived