Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Encountering or following and HCT

Pmuecke

Hello my lovely fellow truckers,

i'v been driving the HCT trailers for quite a bit now and i'v come across some people who honk quite a bit , so for the people who encounter or follow me (or perhaps all HCT) , we need more space when making a turn so pleas when you see an HCT coming stay a bit away from the stopline at the light or intersection so we are not in your way and you are not in ours , and if you follow and HCT we don't pull up as fast as we can so don't honk when we don't move as fast as you want + if we turn a corner that is tight (i'v seen some yes) i always take it slowly so i don't damage my cargo and earn that sweet sweet moneyz :)  i hope you understand this and for my typo's sorry english isn't my first language :) 

2173387_1.jpg?width=300&height=300

7 hours ago, chipmunk197 said:

the problem i have with people with doubles is theyll overtake then pull in infront of you but the rear trailer takes you out and they dont care till they are banned 

Eh. I have seen this too. But again they have to realize that the truck alone is now like... 20 meters long if not more. But they will still not care and when they get banned they blame the reporters. 

I always try to respect everyone on the road - people with heavy cargo included. The thing is that some people don't share the care. What I mean by that is for example, if you have heavy cargo you should allow other people to overtake you in safe manner - when they 'd like to overtake, slow down a little and give them some space to overtake you, just so they don't hit you when there are trucks in oncoming traffic and they have to quickly change the lane. Other then that I have absolutely no problem with giving other truckers more space or time ;) 

@henzsa I drive with heavy cargo quite frequently. If you are over taking me. That would be at your descretion to give me room. I have a waaayyyy heavier load then any of you. Making me slow down for a decision you would have made all on your own would cause catastrophe in real life. Ever see break checks or over takes of heavy cargo in real life? Barely ends well. It also takes me longer to slow down and speed up. I have no respect to those who over take me on a busy road while I am rolling heavy and expect me to slow down. Its also very rare that we reach the speed limit in less then 45 seconds. 

@xXBlazieXx I'm not sure if having no respect for people who overtake you on busy road is correct. If you for example choose C-D road and you have a heavy cargo, then you need to understand that you are most probably the slowest vehicle and you aren't allowing other people from going way faster than you. Of course, people who want to overtake you need to take every precaution before doing so just so they don't cause an accident. Since I don't drive with heavy cargo that often I'm not sure what would be the best thing to do to prevent you having to slow down, but at the sime time enabling other drivers to overtake you. Maybe lock your speed just so other drivers know that you won't accelerate and they will be faster than you?

@henzsa I am usually locked at 90. If you can not pass me while im going 90 then you need help. Since you don't drive heavy often. You have no right to tell me what to do or to judge my judgement on how i react. Good day

@xXBlazieXx If you are locked up on 90 then that's prefect and yes, people who aren't able to overtake you in that speed probably aren't the best drivers. 

And of course, I don't have right to tell you what you have to do, but what you could do. I have my own heavy cargo experience and by "that often" I mean that I'm not driving it every single day. I'm only giving you my opinion on what you wrote, this is discussion after all and you could accept other people's opinions and not deny it with "you have no right..". ;)

11 hours ago, xXBlazieXx said:

Eh. I have seen this too. But again they have to realize that the truck alone is now like... 20 meters long if not more. But they will still not care and when they get banned they blame the reporters. 

I'm not going to make excuses for players (let's face it, most are horrible), but there is always an issue with desync and lag.  I've had a player accuse me of ramming him with my trailer, but when I showed him my recording I was completely clear of his truck and the distance counter listed him as 150 meters behind me.  

8 hours ago, henzsa said:

If you for example choose C-D road and you have a heavy cargo, then you need to understand that you are most probably the slowest vehicle and you aren't allowing other people from going way faster than you. Of course, people who want to overtake you need to take every precaution before doing so just so they don't cause an accident.

C-D road has a listed speed limit of 60 kph (for trucks).  It's not up to us to speed or haul-ass everywhere just because some kids want to drive at 150 kph.  I'm also not going to go a couple hundred kilometers out of my way to avoid C-D road just because some players think that it's only a race track.  If it's my quickest way to my destination, I'm going to take it.  If someone is unhappy that I'm doing 80-90 kph, that's a personal problem for them and it's not my responsibility to cater to their wishes.  Will I pull onto the shoulder and give space when they try and pass?  Definitely.  But I'm not going to drop whatever speed I have just so kids can play Need for Speed with their modded trucks and 1 ton trailers.

5 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I'm not going to make excuses for players (let's face it, most are horrible), but there is always an issue with desync and lag.  I've had a player accuse me of ramming him with my trailer, but when I showed him my recording I was completely clear of his truck and the distance counter listed him as 150 meters behind me.  

C-D road has a listed speed limit of 60 kph (for trucks).  It's not up to us to speed or haul-ass everywhere just because some kids want to drive at 150 kph.  I'm also not going to go a couple hundred kilometers out of my way to avoid C-D road just because some players think that it's only a race track.  If it's my quickest way to my destination, I'm going to take it.  If someone is unhappy that I'm doing 80-90 kph, that's a personal problem for them and it's not my responsibility to cater to their wishes.  Will I pull onto the shoulder and give space when they try and pass?  Definitely.  But I'm not going to drop whatever speed I have just so kids can play Need for Speed with their modded trucks and 1 ton trailers.

Lol thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I met a lot of players using this trailer. There were a few players who used this trailer while driving and wanted to pass me but still not through my truck they turned in without noticing the rear, and of course, their trailers collided with my truck. And then, they still keep running without caring. For me when driving with this trailer, I usually do not run fast (usually under 90 km/h) and do not want to overtake anyone, it is easy to cause an accident if you do not pass the truck carefully. And when I see a truck that wants to overtake me, I often slow down and let them pass.

• 2 weeks later...

i hate those players that just constantly honk, i even encountered some players that honk on a highway, you going as fast you can, all the way on the right, staying in your lane, and then some random guy passes you and the entire time holding the horn, i dont see the point in that, just cause i am little slower then him, doesnt mean he can spam the horn the entire time while passing me. but some drivers go so far that they even try to desync ram after passing you haha, i always find it funny when someone tries to do it to me, mostly cause they never succeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

Archived