Driving an HCT

Pmuecke

I go very wide before turns and even go into the oncoming lane a bit if needed and there is no traffic in the way. I even do this with a normal trailer so I have no chance of going on the curb. It's a challenge to turn with them but once you get used to that another challenge is that it takes forever to accelerate with 40t+.

It was easier than I thought. The steerable wheels help you in making your turns less wide. There were times where I went onto the oncoming lane for a turn to the right, just to find out there was room for a another truck between me and the curb/barrier. :) 

If you can drive a single, double or B double properly, you should not have any issues. It just takes some adaptation.

2 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

The steerable wheels help you in making your turns less wide.

I keep forgetting that's an option when I make my trailers.  I'm used to American trailers so I prefer not having the steer tires.  Having the trailer turn with me causes me more issues for some reason than just having a regular trailer.

As for@Pmuecke, It will mainly come with practice but as a general rule of thumb, just swing wide.  If you can't turn wide enough without hitting another player, just wait for a gap in traffic or ask in chat (Worst case, single player or F7).  Some people might sit and honk at you and accuse you of blocking for sitting at an intersection, but if it's a matter of taking time and turning safely or hitting another player, always take your time.

10 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

It was easier than I thought. The steerable wheels help you in making your turns less wide. There were times where I went onto the oncoming lane for a turn to the right, just to find out there was room for a another truck between me and the curb/barrier. :) 

If you can drive a single, double or B double properly, you should not have any issues. It just takes some adaptation.

is there a way i can see if i have steerable wheels up ? , i'm using the 4+2+4 axles , are the steerable axles the ones in yellow ?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Pmuecke,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

• -Tomukas- locked this topic
  • Matt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived