Why are there not many Truckers in Italy and Baltic?

Lentii23

Hi guys, 

Just curious on why there is a huge concentration of truckers in W.Germany, NL, B, F and that area? I am aware of the legendary Calais - Duisburg route which I for the first time decided to drive on last month (and probably last time)

In the aspect of game quality, Italy is a very good DLC together with Baltics, but how come its not attractive? Since Germany and the parts where there is a lot of activity is often basegame map and has lower quality.

Just wanted to hear the opinions of the people here with more experience on multiplayer.

Dear Lentii,

Due to the fact that your topic is related solely to ETS2, I am going to be moving your topic to ETS2 discussions. The 'General Discussion' section is used for both games.

//Moved to Euro Truck Simulator 2

Honestly, the reason they are less popular is because as you say; they are DLC areas. People buy the DLC, go to the new area, get bored with it most of the time, they're used to a lot of people, like Germany for example. New players also don't necessarily want to invest in DLCs, so they play on the base game. Also, when the last two new map DLCs came out they were 13.49 pounds (14.99 euros), which for some people can be quite a lot of money.

Hello! You'll be finding quite a number of players on EU2 on Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC, it depends on the period of the time and day and server of course. On Bella Italia DLC I haven't seen many players either except when the communities are having convoys there, otherwise is quite empty. I don't really know why because both DLC's are beautiful but one factor it's indeed the amount of money they have to pay to get it as @Dziada said. Even if it's not that much it matters of course. I hope I helped a little bit and Happy Holidays! :love:

1 hour ago, Dziada said:

Dear Lentii,

Due to the fact that your topic is related solely to ETS2, I am going to be moving your topic to ETS2 discussions. The 'General Discussion' section is used for both games.

//Moved to Euro Truck Simulator 2

Honestly, the reason they are less popular is because as you say; they are DLC areas. People buy the DLC, go to the new area, get bored with it most of the time, they're used to a lot of people, like Germany for example. New players also don't necessarily want to invest in DLCs, so they play on the base game. Also, when the last two new map DLCs came out they were 13.49 pounds (14.99 euros), which for some people can be quite a lot of money.

I apologies for the trouble it caused, I am not that active in the forums so I didnt notice there is one more map to click into :)

That makes total sense then. I also suspected that a little bit.

1 hour ago, Andreea RO said:

Hello! You'll be finding quite a number of players on EU2 on Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC, it depends on the period of the time and day and server of course. On Bella Italia DLC I haven't seen many players either except when the communities are having convoys there, otherwise is quite empty. I don't really know why because both DLC's are beautiful but one factor it's indeed the amount of money they have to pay to get it as @Dziada said. Even if it's not that much it matters of course. I hope I helped a little bit and Happy Holidays! :love:

Multumeesc Andrea! I will try EU2, I usually log in to the server with most people, isnt that EU2 already ? o.O 

However, I understand why most players are concentrated in those areas. 

Thanks and happy holiday to you too! 

1 hour ago, Lentii23 said:

No im not kidding you, and I said Baltics not Scandinavia (Helsinki)

Helsinki is part of the Baltics DLC, fyi.

As the map is becoming bigger and bigger with all those DLC's, people probably find it hard to decide where they want to drive. Many have discovered the new Baltics DLC in singleplayer, free from MP players who could possibly ruin their experience. 

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

I have the same question about France DLC.

there is no player in France DLC too. I think if anyone wants to buy a new DLC, Scandinavia would be enough. Because its so beautiful and there are more players there than another DLCs.

Languages: ?? | ??

انجمن فارسی

قوانین استخدام | پشتیبانی | بازخورد | مشاهده اعضای تیم | راهنما | سیستم پایگاه دانش | پیشنهادات

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides Suggestions
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Personal contact info:

YouTube | Twitch | Discord |
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan

In my opinion, these DLC's are not as crowded as the Scandinavia DLC, because the Scandinavia DLC is the most popular DLC (in my opinion :D ). I also only have this DLC, but I will also buy these DLC's. :D You have to remind: Every DLC costs Real-Life Money. Not everyone is able to spend so "much" money for a game. :)

LG Sebastian

1 hour ago, Dumbledore001YT said:

In my opinion, these DLC's are not as crowded as the Scandinavia DLC, because the Scandinavia DLC is the most popular DLC (in my opinion :D ). I also only have this DLC, but I will also buy these DLC's. :D You have to remind: Every DLC costs Real-Life Money. Not everyone is able to spend so "much" money for a game. :)

LG Sebastian

I'm agree with you. 

Well, baltics was fairly busy for the first few weeks after release, it's probably died down by now, but that's the reason Italy is not busy - the majority of truckers in Italy before the Baltic DLC was people who like having new DLC areas to explore, so the majority of truckers in Italy moved to the baltics, you'll find when (and if) the next map dlc comes out the baltics will become less busy like Italy. As well as that Italy is very isolated, you either drive in Italy or you stick to the free Italy areas to drive around other countries, baltics has a variety of countries and connections outwith the DLC. For example, if you're in southern Italy you pretty much can't drive to another country without driving all the way up Italy and a lot of people like a change of environment when driving.

Just giving you factors from personal experience, hope this answers your question.

:)

Hello There,

One of the biggest reasons for this is that I think DLC prices are extremely expensive in some countries. Because the DLCs has come to the steam with dollar and the euro, in some countries the price can be 2 or 3 times more than normal, so players unfortunately cannot have part of the new DLC. for some countries this is really a sad situation but there is nothing to do.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Matt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived