Do people drive sensibly and obey traffic rules on the servers?

Neutronet

The mod looks cool, but judging from youtube videos it looks a bit like people don't drive sensibly. As in people will try to overtake in stupid places, going off the road, causing collisions, going way too fast etc.

But of course those videos may not be representable of usual gameplay. So what is it like? Do people drive as carefully as they would irl?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes some people are overtaking in busy places. And it results in an accident, but many people go smoothly. :)

lol not many do    personally i dont see why people race around at 150kmh i go 80kmh most the time and i get there ontime and overtaking well ill never understand that 

speeding and running red lights are a huge problem and not using mirrors too nobody really cares about that stuff till they get banned 

It depends on the server and where you are driving on the map.  The road between Calais-Duisburg is notorious for having aggressive and reckless drivers.  Here's a protip: if you want to drive with more obedient players, stay away from the Europe 2 server. 

In general, most people aren't trolls and just want to drive like a normal human being.  There are a lot less trolls nowadays compared to about a year ago but there are still a couple here and there.  Just remember to keep your screen capture running.

24 minutes ago, xGorkem- said:

Yes some people are overtaking in busy places. And it results in an accident, but many people go smoothly. :)

I guess I will just have to play some more to see what it is like. The problem is that it only really takes one player to cause a lot of trouble and pileup. 
It is fine that some accidents happen if they are actual accidents.. But if people are just taking reckless chances every time they catch up with another truck trying to overtake and causing pileups I can see how it ruins the experience. Or crashing on purpose by steering into your lane.

Are there enough players on the other servers that they don't feel empty? I was on europe 2 the other day with not that many players around, I was driving far north so didn't see a lot of other players. But the second most populated server was only like 1/5 of europe 2.

There is craziness because there is steam sale. Buy Baltic DLC and drive there if you want peace. Price tag keeps the trollers out.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Problem is that EU#2 is like 90% trolls+reckless+stupid drivers and EU#1 is like 90% empty. I haven't tried EU#3, so this may be your best option, but the only difference with EU#2 is the cars. EU#3 was opened because many people wanted a server without cars but without speed limit, so I'd expect that 90% of EU#3 users will be driving as fast as they can (which means 150 Km/h most of the time).

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Problem is that EU#2 is like 90% trolls+reckless+stupid drivers and EU#1 is like 90% empty. I haven't tried EU#3, so this may be your best option, but the only difference with EU#2 is the cars. EU#3 was opened because many people wanted a server without cars but without speed limit, so I'd expect that 90% of EU#3 users will be driving as fast as they can (which means 150 Km/h most of the time).

Except that people are pushed to EU3 mainly because EU2 queue is too long and they are just unable to join. Drivers I observed from EU3 were roughly the same demographic makeup as EU2. Most of them don't care about cars.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

I'm driving on MP since 2015 and.. I did found only 100 (out of maybe.. 10000000) players who were driving like in real life.

I'm usualy driving inside a DLC so there is less possibility to be rammed just because "YEAH I LOVE IT". But be aware.. even into DLC there are trolls.. yeah..

And.. I think most of peoples on forum are just lying. On forum: 100000000000 drivers who respect the rules, drive only at 80km/h max, but inside the game: 100000000000 Racers, Racers everywere..
MEH....

3 hours ago, Neutronet said:

Are there enough players on the other servers that they don't feel empty? I was on europe 2 the other day with not that many players around, I was driving far north so didn't see a lot of other players. But the second most populated server was only like 1/5 of europe 2.

Even EU2 with 4200 players is empty.. others are just impossible to find someone..

Yes, most of the TMP community plays by the rules. Of course, there are some exceptions and since you've mentioned some YT videos, let me guess..you're watching the 'Idiots on the Road' compilations, containing footage from Calais - Duisburg. There's always madness, but everywhere else you can play with no worries. But even though, I may advise you to keep your recorder always on, troubles may occur everywhere, even at the not-so-busy locations. ;) 

Dear @Neutronet, first of all welcome to the TMP-forums. Regarding your question, I think it highly depends on which server you play on. If you decide to play on EU 2, you will barely see anyone respecting the traffic laws, meaning trucks will just fly past you at insane speeds, overtake you at the worst possible times and yes - no matter how much you try to respect other drivers around and drive at a sane level - you will end up in a crash every now and then. It's just impossible not to get involved in any accidents with the amount of insane berserks you have to deal with at a regular basis. If you decide to play on the simulation server (EU 1) you will face way less of these reckless drivers, as there is a local speed-limiter in place, meaning no one can exceed that set speed on this server. A lot of the organ transplant trucks that are forced to drive with a minimum speed of 150 mph simply can't go there, as otherwise millions of people will die, so this means that you will have a way more relaxed time there. But it's still no guarantee to not get annoyed by trolls or reckless drivers on EU 1 as well - the chances are just way lower.

I think all the servers have their very own advantages and disadvantages. If you like the challenge and like to see more people around, but still don't mind getting into dangerous situations every now and then, EU 2 might be the optimal place for you. If you don't mind only seeing other players around you on a less regular basis and don't mind the set speed limiter, EU 1 might be your way to go. EU 3 is kind of the level in between EU 1 and 2, as the toxic OP-vehicles aka cars are not allowed there. So to conclude, I would definitely say that you will face quite a lot of frustrating moments if you want to play TMP. There's nothing more frustrating than driving 1000+ miles perfectly fine, just to get wrecked by an impatient driver that overtakes you recklessly 20 miles shy of your destination. And yes, these situations happen every now and then - at least if you're one of the few people, like myself, who tend to stick with the speed limits. But in the end, if you are really interested in sharing the passion for trucking with other people all around the globe, I think it is absolutely worth the struggle, as there's still quite a lot of sane drivers around there as well and you can have a great time on the roads of TMP. But before tackling that challenge I'd highly recommend that you make sure you got enough money in order to repair your truck/trailer several times, as you never know what's about to happen... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Yes, most of the TMP community plays by the rules. Of course, there are some exceptions and since you've mentioned some YT videos, let me guess..you're watching the 'Idiots on the Road' compilations, containing footage from Calais - Duisburg. There's always madness, but everywhere else you can play with no worries. But even though, I may advise you to keep your recorder always on, troubles may occur everywhere, even at the not-so-busy locations.  

@Neutronet welcome to the community :) I would have to agree with @T.Rucker I feel TruckersMP offer a variety of gaming scenarios when it comes to their server's and we have a great community that will give you any advise you may need whether its on the forums or the discord.... there is also a support team dedicated to assist with anything... you can submit a support ticket Here

As you are new I would advise you to read the rules of the community so you dont break any rules you dont know of and put yourself in a situation you could possibly get banned without realising.... you can view the rule's here 

Most people on EU2 in hot zones such as C-D road (Calais - Duisburg) cities and surrounding areas will tend to get impatient and break rules and be more careless than normal and be expected to get into an incident if going there on EU #2 Server....

I personally drive on EU #2 Server but I stay clear from the hot areas as I personally see alot of truckers on the road which im happy enough with....

My best advise to you would be read the rules and try each server and decide which one is best for you :) Happy trucking and if you need any help you know where to go :) 

P.S Also I would record your sessions aswell if you need any advise on which software to use I would check this post out Here and be sure if you need to report anyone for breaking rules that have caused issues within the game you can do so by submitting a report Here

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

A lot of people obey the rules. The reason it doesn't look like this is due to the "idiots on the road" making it on YouTube. Accidents happen from time to time but these are purely due to a genuine mistake.

Talking about the trolls, yes they do appear, mostly on server 2. If people break the rules, they will get reported. It won't take long for them to be removed.

I is a little like in real life. The majority is respectful and follows the rules and then you have a part which doesn't care about anything. Though, these people will get caught later on anyway.

It is a really great experience and I recommend it to everyone. You just gotta keep your cools when the 100th Skoda crashes into you just because the driver can't wait a minute :D

Not at all, the majority of people on the Calais Duisburg road are absolutely retarded and always drive recklessly and overtake everyone they see. Northern/eastern Germany is alright and most people obey the rules and it's also well populated thanks to the rebuilding Germany project and hopefully they will finish the bottom half of it soon.

I'd say it normally depends on what time you're playing more than where you're driving.  When I'm lucky to be on during prime time EU hours, regardless of where I am I'll encounter some bad drivers and/or trolls.  However when I'm normally on in the middle of the night and the server is dead (600 players), most drivers I come across are perfectly normal and safe in their driving and present no risk to my truck.

If you are planning on doing a route on MP without worrying about that someone could ram you,but still has people on it, i recommend you playing on EU3. It does not allow cars inside,and surely there are much less trollers.
I am not saying that EU2 is bad, but my personal opinion is that EU3 is better in case you want to drive more relaxed,or if you plan on doing convoy or something.
The reason for this is because all trollers are playing on EU2, especially in area between Calais - Duisburg.

Archived