Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Dumbest reasons for someone requesting to have their ban revoked?

Guest Animaza

Guest Animaza

...What have been the weirdest or dumbest reasons for someone requesting to have their ban revoked? Some of my ban reports get like 20 views, that means that person must've appealed it tons of times, and every time it was denied. I can only imagine what their excuse was.  

Former game admin here.

Common excuses used by too many:

- It was my brother/cousin/mother/girlfriend/pet/.........whatever.

- Someone stole my accounts.

- My controller was broken.

- Game lagged (for them to be driving on the wrong side of the highway, or pulling trailers with cars)

- Someone hit me so I should curse in the chat or hit them back.

These make up for roughly 70% of all the invalid ban appeals. Other 25% have nothing to do with the ban, and 5% are insults towards the staff.

===============================================

A weird one I had before:

Banned player had profanity in their nickname. They contacted me a lot of times explaining all the other potential meanings for that word. I was like "Sorry m8 but You are not going to be unbanned without this word removed from your name." They listened after trying way too many times and having their account banned for over a month. Otherwise it would be instant unban upon name change.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

52 minutes ago, SprinterFS said:

Just curious but lets say that their controller got disconnected just before a crash.  If in their appeal video you actually hear the windows disconnect sound, would that influence your decision or would the player remain banned since they still caused a collision?  (Assuming user has no prior bans or infractions, since this could probably be abused)

23 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Just curious but lets say that their controller got disconnected just before a crash.  If in their appeal video you actually hear the windows disconnect sound, would that influence your decision or would the player remain banned since they still caused a collision?  (Assuming user has no prior bans or infractions, since this could probably be abused)

A certain behavior is expected after disconnection of controller. Watch this video when I unplugged my wheel and then replugged it.

Basically the steering freezes upon disconnection. At this point players can still steer with keyboard. However, steering wheel config requires that steering sensitivity to be set at 100%, which will cause the keyboard steering to be extremely violent. When the wheel is reconnected, the steering immediately snaps to the center.

I'm no longer part of the moderator team and I can not say for sure, but if I see such behavior in the ban appeal evidence, I would personally consider them valid.

Also, latest rules added "due to negligence" to ramming, which I believe still applies to this group of players.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

1 hour ago, Amber Rose said:

"Its not my fault he brake checked me" 

Sadly in real life as well. Brake checking is a popular insurance scam technique just because of how liability works.

Also the same case as in real life. Scammers get busted only with a dashcam footage. In game, get your recording software ready at all times.

SprinterFS.gif

Guest Animaza
11 minutes ago, SprinterFS said:

A certain behavior is expected after disconnection of controller. Watch this video when I unplugged my wheel and then replugged it.

Basically the steering freezes upon disconnection. At this point players can still steer with keyboard. However, steering wheel config requires that steering sensitivity to be set at 100%, which will cause the keyboard steering to be extremely violent. When the wheel is reconnected, the steering immediately snaps to the center.

This does not happen with controllers. I tested mine in sp and when it disconnects it just does that. There is really no way to see a controller disconnecting. That's why I charge my batteries every 2 days just to make sure it doesn't disconnect.

4 minutes ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

This does not happen with controllers. I tested mine in sp and when it disconnects it just does that. There is really no way to see a controller disconnecting. That's why I charge my batteries every 2 days just to make sure it doesn't disconnect.

Talking about these controllers.........

b30e1557-556d-4638-a692-7b42cb425b52_1.3

I don't have one so I never got a chance to see how they behave. They are not really designed for driving lol

And not having enough battery surely falls under negligence. Just saying. What I've been referring to in previous posts are always steering wheels.

SprinterFS.gif

Guest Animaza
2 minutes ago, SprinterFS said:

Talking about these controllers.........

They are not really designed for driving lol

And not having enough battery surely falls under negligence. Just saying. What I've been referring to in previous posts are always steering wheels.

People who play this game goes from keyboard to controller, then steering wheel. 99% when they said controller they meant a xbox controller. idk who calls a steering wheel a controller, and steering wheels don't really just disconnect out of the blue, it's 99% of the time the battery dying. Unlike an xbox, the pc doesn't tell you when the battery is about to die, and some people don't have money to buy rechargeable batteries. It's crazy for people buying normal batteries to change it out every few days, that would cost a ton of cash. If I was a mod, I would unban people who say their controller died. Maybe 1 out of 10 is faking it, but I can't live with 9 out of 10 people getting banned for something out of their control. 

22 minutes ago, SpoopyLooppy said:

People who play this game goes from keyboard to controller, then steering wheel. 99% when they said controller they meant a xbox controller. idk who calls a steering wheel a controller, and steering wheels don't really just disconnect out of the blue, it's 99% of the time the battery dying. Unlike an xbox, the pc doesn't tell you when the battery is about to die, and some people don't have money to buy rechargeable batteries. It's crazy for people buying normal batteries to change it out every few days, that would cost a ton of cash. If I was a mod, I would unban people who say their controller died. Maybe 1 out of 10 is faking it, but I can't live with 9 out of 10 people getting banned for something out of their control. 

Maybe I generalized the excuses too much. We do see a fair amount of people specifically blame the accident on the steering wheel failure. Even in game chat, all the time.

I again tested on a flight simulator yoke which works more like an xbox controller. The wheel still hangs in the same position on disconnection, unless automatic steering to neutral position is on. Keyboard steering as an alternative is much easier to control, since you normally would have very little steering sensitivity for the controller. Unless the situation is very tight, or they unmapped all their keyboard binds (Highly unlikely and makes zero sense!), players should be able to regain full control of their vehicle in seconds without causing accidents. Then we can leave the talks about unban or not for current game moderators. They know better about the updated rules.

For the battery....... lol tell everyone to just get the rechargeable ones. Add up the total cost. For me, rechargeables are way cheaper after ~5 recharges.

SprinterFS.gif

@SprinterFS  Thanks for the responses, I've always assumed if my controls disconnect and I ram someone I'm just eating a ban but I've been genuinely curious if stuff like that is taken into consideration with the appeals.  I haven't had an issue yet thankfully, I just have a playful puppy and kitten that enjoy attacking the cord connecting my controller.  They do go after the cord on my wheel as well but thankfully that doesn't move around as much so it's not as enticing to them. :)

2 minutes ago, -=nemo=- [EST] said:

"In the Chrome webbrowser is built-in translator."

Yeah, well, the problem is it's against TOS of TMP Forum..

Everyone wants to understand everyone. Google Translate  (used by Chrome) won't make it better by translating the whole site :(

IMO Google Translate is horrible to use.

percent_0                                                          76561198040805919.pngAddFriend.png

• Dziada locked and unlocked this topic
On 12/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, SprinterFS said:

Former game admin here.

Common excuses used by too many:

- It was my brother/cousin/mother/girlfriend/pet/.........whatever.

- Someone stole my accounts.

- Game lagged (for them to be driving on the wrong side of the highway, or pulling trailers with cars)

- Someone hit me so I should curse in the chat or hit them back.

These make up for roughly 70% of all the invalid ban appeals. Other 25% have nothing to do with the ban, and 5% are insults towards the staff.

===============================================

A weird one I had before:

Banned player had profanity in their nickname. They contacted me a lot of times explaining all the other potential meanings for that word. I was like "Sorry m8 but You are not going to be unbanned without this word removed from your name." They listened after trying way too many times and having their account banned for over a month. Otherwise it would be instant unban upon name change.

What about if your controller battery dies mid-way during a journey and collides with another player. Will the user still be punished?

I've almost rammed players before because of my controller battery dies in-game with no warning (Xbox One Wireless Controller)

Dear SpoopyLooppy,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived