What is cheaper? Self build or pre build gaming PCs

xLars

• 2 weeks later...

The cheapest way is to get used. Surprised that nobody mentioned it. Some used parts cost half price of a new one. Just make sure to test it and see it works before paying anything.

Your local surplus / liquidation seller or yard sale might have old office machines for sale. They normally sell an entire computer for cheaper than just a CPU. Get those if available. Recent models come with decent i3 or i5, excellent for gaming on the cheap.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Well, I think self-build PC would be cheaper than pre-build, but I think there is a big difference between them.

In my opinion, pre-built PC has better performance and each hardware could connect to other parts of the PC better than a PC which is self-build.

Languages: ?? | ??

انجمن فارسی

قوانین استخدام | پشتیبانی | بازخورد | مشاهده اعضای تیم | راهنما | سیستم پایگاه دانش | پیشنهادات

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides Suggestions
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Personal contact info:

YouTube | Twitch | Discord |
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan

They’re essentially the same except with a custom built computer, you have the satisfaction of saying you built it yourself. Yes, custom builds can be cheaper but so can a pre-built one.

It really depends on what you want and if you want to build it or not. I don’t see either being different from each other, especially if they have the same components inside.

I have a pre-built computer that I upgraded recently and it runs amazingly. All in all, do what you think is best for you when it comes to choosing between them. You can always upgrade over time with either of them.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

I find the most satisfaction of upgrading old pre-builds with modern hardware. My main machine is one of those. It still looks 10 years old on the outside.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

Dear PacanasLT,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived