Boesh

Question

So since a few days my game has lag spikes every x seconds, for literally no reason. I'm playing with the MP mod for almost 3 years now, and Ive never had such a problem. When I play on singleplayer the game works just fine. The lag spikes occur every 10/15 seconds, doesn't matter if I'm in a busy area or if im driving in a area with no one around me. It's the only MP game that has this problem. My pc specs are far above the required specs aswell. 

It isn't the autosave feature, as I turned that off and it still occurs (I don't see a spinning ball with ''auto saving'' at the top aswell). 

Tested my internet aswell, but that seems fine aswell.

I'm using a wired connection.

For the ones interested, my PC specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

Intel Core I5 6600K

8GB RAM

500GB HDD, 100GB SSD (ETS2 is installed on the SSD).

Nvidia drivers are up-to-date.

Can someone help me out? I have tried everything, re-installed TMP and the game itself, deleted all my profiles, fired all my drivers, etc.

14 answers to this question

Ok, so since you re-installed TMP and the game itself, this might not be an issue with your PC but an issue with your router. So for this issue, go to your router, unplug it, and wait for a minute. Once that minute is over, plug in your router and wait for a few minutes for the router to work properly. After that's done, try to play MP again and see if the problem still persists. Hope this helps!

Hello

1) Validate your game files from Steam

Right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 from Steam

Select Properties

Click on the LOCAL FILES tab

Click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

Press CLOSE once the validation process is finished. You will be told whether any files had to be reacquired or not.

2) Update Graphics Driver

Nvidia users: Nvidia Drivers [www.geforce.com] Click on Auto detect your GPU

AMD users: AMD Drivers [support.amd.com] Click Download Now where it says Automatically detect and install

Intel HD users: Intel Drivers [www.intel.com]

3) Delete programs you never use

It's a good idea to uninstall all the programs you don't plan to use. This should include both manufacturer-installed software and software you installed yourself but don't want any more—especially utility programs designed to help manage and tune your computer's hardware and software. Utility programs such as virus scanners, disk cleaners, and backup tools often run automatically at startup, quietly chugging along in the background where you can't see them. Many people have no idea they're even running.

4) Disabling startup programs and services

Many programs are designed to start automatically when Windows starts. Software manufacturers often set their programs to open in the background, where you can't see them running, so they'll open right away when you click their icons. That's helpful for programs you use a lot, but for programs you rarely or never use, this wastes precious memory and slows down the time it takes Windows to finish starting up.

Right-click on your taskbar

Select Task Manager

Click on Start-up tab

Check what programs are listed. Windows will rate their Start-up impact for you

Right-click to disable unnecessary programs

Note: Avoid disabling important stuff like graphic or audio drivers. Programs such as Apple and Adobe products can typically be disabled without worry though.

5) Defragment your hard disk

Defragmenting sorts your files into a more intuitive order for mechanical hard drives so that the needle doesn’t have to jump around as much, which can reduce loading speeds. 
You should only do this if you are running Windows and your game off of traditional mechanical hard drives. If you are using an SSD, do not attempt to defragment it. Your loading performance will already be excellent and defragmenting will only reduce your drives lifespan to no benefit. 

Steps may vary slightly between different versions of Windows, but should be obvious.

Go to Computer/This PC

Right-click on C:

Select Properties

Click on the Tools tab

Under Optimise and defragment drive press Optimise 

Select the appropriate drive and click on Optimise. (This may take a while but can be stopped and resumed freely.)

6) Power options

Open Windows start menu, search "Power Options" and press enter. Select "High Performance" power plan in the window that just opened.
If you are using laptop make sure it is plugged into power outlet, don't play on laptop's battery.

7) Check for viruses and spyware

If your PC is running slowly, it's possible that it's infected with a virus/spyware or Junk files. This is not as common as the other problems, but it's something to consider. Before you worry too much, check your PC using anti-spyware/antivirus programs and Junk cleaners

XinBao^

Hello :) 

Try these

1. Locate and Secure your Profiles, Copy them to a seperate Folder.

ETS2: http://prntscr.com/f6bney

2. Then de-install ETS2 via Steam and de- install TruckersMP.

3. Restart your PC.

4. Then start searching for all old Folders of TruckersMP and ETS2 and Delete them. A Cleaner Software will be helpfull. Sometimes there are "Dumb" Folders/Paths to ETS2, that were created by the TruckersMP Launcher

http://prntscr.com/hommq6 

http://prntscr.com/hommzm 

http://prntscr.com/homn7x 

5. When u deleted all Folders, Restart ur PC Again.

6. Log In to Steam-->Rightclick on Steam--->Settings-->Download-->Steam Library Folders-->Add Library Folder---->Choose another Partition or Hdd and mark it as Default Library. 

http://prntscr.com/homntm 

http://prntscr.com/homozx

7. After that Procedure, Re- Install ATS/ETS2 via Steam into the new Library, make sure you installing this Version.

ETS2: http://prntscr.com/f7nmne

important: Check TruckersMP for the actual Versions of the Game, they can be different!!

8. Start the Game in Single Player and check the Version. Create a new Profile, but do not Drive. Close the Game.

9. Search with Windows File Explorer the Path to the ETS2 Installation. Keep this Path in Mind.

After that, download the actual Version of TruckersMP, unpack it to a seperate Folder. Install it from this Folder as Administrator.

Make sure that you having the right Path to the Games when you Installing TruckersMP.

You have to check them manually, do not let the Launcher Auto searching for them.

10. After the Installation start the Launcher as Administrator and let him finishing his Downloads. Then start the Multiplayer. If you can Play, close the Game and insert your old Game Pofiles

And read these topics:

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=166409 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/discussions/0/1291816880496657377/ 

Hello,

We'd like to get information if your problem has been solved now!

Sincerely,

AdaBey
TruckersMP Support

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Please try this:

• Press your Tab button -> go to Settings,
  • Uncheck Load Cabin Accessories and Use Fast Loading of models,
  • General -> Development Logging -> Disable,
  • Drivers animation -> Disable,
  • After you did that just click on Apply and ok -> Restart your Game,
  • Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys,open the Task Manager,disable any unwanted programs you dont want running turn off applications that are running on the background for TruckersMP,

You can get help from this topic:

Also try this:

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

Hello,

Tried all these things, but the problem still occurs. 

I've made a video where Im driving on a almost empty space of the map, with 2 or 3 people near me. In the video you can see that the lag spikes happen out of nowhere, and that after it the game runs smoothly with 60 FPS again (Shadowplay is limited to 30 FPS). I don't know if the video will help, but I hope it will!

Tried ATSMP aswell, but the game runs just fine there, both SP and MP. My guess is that it has something to do with the servers of MP itself? I remember that I had to update TMP a few days ago, and the problem started around that same time. (I've downloaded the last update again with F1 aswell). The lag spikes are even there whilst im still in the queue. My guess is that it has something to do with the servers, but maybe I'm wrong? (I'm not an expert :P ). Again, in SP and ATSMP everything works just fine. It's just the ETS2 servers (tried the EU1, 2 and 3 servers, all have the same problem). 

The other way is to try and Clear your computer cache which can be done from CCleaner or Clean Master for PC 

I personally reccomend Clean Master because using it from last 2 years and works perfectly :but ofcourse either of them does the job of clearing cache from your computer and other programs

If that didn't work too you can try Cleaning up your C: Disk by the following steps

Spoiler

Step 1:

airomHK.png

Step 2:

hQH6HeU.png

Step 3: After clicking Disk Cleanup wait for the system to collect junk and tell you via another popup box

Step 4: Tick Mark everything once it shows that this much junk lies , Their will be several like Offline website data,Temprorary files so yeah you can Tick all and Click OK button and let the cleaning happen after that Restart your PC and wait for it to reach idling speed.

Another solution

1. Going into the 'Set Launch Options' in the ETS2 and putting in this command:
-homedir g:\'
' being the name of the folder being created (you can change ' to whatever folder name you want)
2. Set g to whatever drive you have the game installed on. Launch the game. Shut it off. go to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and copy everything. Now go to g drive, or whatever you set it as, open the folder '
3. There will be a Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder in there, paste everything from the documents folder in there.
4. Now run the game, your save should be there, and hopefully it will run better.

The reason for this seems to be, if the game and the save file locations are on different hard drives, like mine were. Saves were in Documents/ folder on my C Drive and my game was installed on my G drive. If the saves are located on the same hard drive, things just run smoother. There are a lot of files being written to that folder in Documents it seems besides saves, so it's best if everything is on the same hard drive

Hello,

tried this, but it didn't work. Again, I don't think that this has to do with my computer or connection at all,the game runs fine in SP and ATSMP runs fine aswell. I really think it has to do be a problem within the TMP mod.I did a bit of research, and saw some posts with the some problem as I have. None of them has been solved. The conclusion of almost all these posts was that it was a bug within the TMP mod, but appereantly it's still there. Again, ofcourse I'm not 100% sure if its a bug, but I highly doubt it has something to do on my side. 

And a few more, but can't find them for now for some reason...

Hey!

I didn't see anyone asking about it, so I do it now: How is your CPU, RAM and SSD usage while playing?

How much space do you have left on your SSD?

It seems very odd that lags like this occur although you said that the game is installed on the SSD.

To me it looks as if loading the map or other trucks seems to somehow cause the lag, but I think that shouldn't happen when the game is installed on the SSD...

~ MrJonton01

Hello,

So it seems like the problem has fixed itself. I had those lagspikes for 2 to 3 weeks now, and when I launched TMP to answer @MrJonton01 [GER]'s question yesterday, it worked totally fine. Even after multiple restarts of both TMP and my computer everything works like it should, don't know how it's been fixed, but it's working again. Thanks for all the replies, happy trucking :).