I wish there was a way to be a passenger in another players truck.

[VIVA] Arky

I was doing a long delivery the other night and the thought came to mind, how cool would it be to be able to have another player as a passenger in the truck with you. Have voice chat within the cab of the truck, shared radio to listen to music together, could be a spotter from the passenger side when backing up!

Doubt it'd be possible to mod, but was just a fun thought.

This is your first post and I congratulate you, because the idea is just the best. It really would be cool if they'd add that. The thing is that it would have to be created by Truckers MP since SCS wanted this game to be singleplayer, but I doubt it's something impossible. It's true that when you have a really long trip then you are going through places where you don't see anyone for a pretty long time and your passenger may have some good time too.

Hello @Arky00,

I please you to search the suggestion forum as this idea has been suggested before and may declined. It's nice to see that you're thinking about ideas to improve TruckersMP in a positive way. 

Unfortunately I have to tell you that this will/can not be implemented in the game as there isn't any "free walk" mode implemented by SCS. Maybe if SCS implements such an "walk mode" (or "free mode",...) it could be doable to create such a thing like passenger mode, but currently there are no plans for this.

Best regards

grundi2601

TruckersMP - Trial Support 

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

6 hours ago, Arky00 said:

I was doing a long delivery the other night and the thought came to mind, how cool would it be to be able to have another player as a passenger in the truck with you. Have voice chat within the cab of the truck, shared radio to listen to music together, could be a spotter from the passenger side when backing up!

Doubt it'd be possible to mod, but was just a fun thought.

You can make suggestion at their feedback - Forum / https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Your idea is awesome but it is very hard to add it to game. It has to be added by TruckersMP since there is no multiplayer version of ETS2/ATS. Also as grundi2601 said, there isn’t a free walk system in game so it is harder for TruckersMP to add something like that. Maybe they can make something by using free cam. However, I don’t think it can work like you suggested. 

I personally feel that would take the point out of the game tho. I wouldn't want a passenger in my truck commenting on my driving, changing the radio or heater/air conditioner. I get that enough in real life as is :rolleyes: 

If I could swap control of my truck between myself and my passenger (Ie. I swap seats with him), I wouldn't mind the idea. 

However just riding as a passenger seems pointless to me.  It's not like we can get out and walk, I'd either just join them myself and drive with them or watch a livestream rather than ride passenger.

I, personally, see no point in implementing this as it takes away what the whole game is based on; simulation. Being a passenger in a truck is quite useless to me as well, as the passenger wouldn't bring any sort of use to the driver.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Somewhere in real world requires a co-worker to run the trucks for safety or something. Hence I am so surprised for the opinion saying it’s pointless.  Why does it not count as part of a truck simulation? Is it always safe to drive the truck alone without a co-driver who can give you further sights on the spots you can’t see clearly? If one really don’t want a co-driver with him, just set a permission, he can’t sit in your truck, and no problem.

Back to the OP’s idea. I don’t believe SCS could implement this as the game itself was not designed for the multiplayer.  However, it comes to my idea by viewing some admins’ video over the in-game report.  It is really possible for Tmp to implement this with reference to how they could produce a playback on the other vehicles’ vision point.

6 hours ago, Neba said:

Somewhere in real world requires a co-worker to run the trucks for safety or something. Hence I am so surprised for the opinion saying it’s pointless.

While I can't speak for all locations or companies, the only times I've seen co-drivers necessary is as swampers (Driver drives, Passenger loads/unloads) or for team runs (Drivers swap off when hours are up, so truck is always running).  It's unnecessary too have in the game because there's no manual cargo handling and because we don't have to wait 10+ hours to actually rest.

Big fan of your idea @Arky00!

On 12/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, grundi2601 said:

Hello @Arky00,

I please you to search the suggestion forum as this idea has been suggested before and may declined. It's nice to see that you're thinking about ideas to improve TruckersMP in a positive way. 

Unfortunately I have to tell you that this will/can not be implemented in the game as there isn't any "free walk" mode implemented by SCS. Maybe if SCS implements such an "walk mode" (or "free mode",...) it could be doable to create such a thing like passenger mode, but currently there are no plans for this.

Best regards

grundi2601

TruckersMP - Trial Support 

I think a 'free walk' mode won't even be necessary. In FSX for instance, you can establish a 'shared cockpit' by selecter the player you want to attend. It's basically just the same camera view but then from the co-pilots' perspective.

Maybe In TMP something similar could be done with the passenger seat. A cool idea would be the ability to pick a player from the TAB menu and enter their passenger seat (after permission).

Archived