Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Cannot find savegame after -homedir change

Blue Screen of Death

Question

Hi all,

I recently built a new PC with 2 SSDs, and I wanted to get back into TMP. However, the profile which I already had on singleplayer on my D: drive is not showing up in TMP, I think because TMP only looks on the C: drive. I installed ETS2 and ATS on drive D:. if I go onto C:/Documents, I see the ETS2MP and ATSMP folders, but my profiles are on D:/documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2.

So TMP cannot find the profile, and I do not have storage to put the profiles on the C: drive (I can't make more space either).

Is there any way I can get TMP to use my D: drive to find the profiles? They are not on the Steam cloud but on the D: drive!

Thanks in advance,

ThaPT

C drive documents folder.png

D drive documents folder.png

6 answers to this question

Hello, Maybe this step help you.

• First, Make a backup of the profile.
  • Make a folder on the external drive at the highest level and call it “profile”(can use any name).
  • Run Windows command prompt as administrator.
  • A black box with a flashing cursor will open.
  • Run the step following:

mklink /d C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\temp D:\Profiles\

This, Will create a folder named 'temp' inside your regular Documents folder that points to D:\Profiles\.

Copy your external drive profiles from the regular folder to D:\Profiles\.

Test if the symbolic link is working by accessing: C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2*temp*.

Now, Rename or delete your original profiles folder. (C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Profiles)

Rename the temp folder as profiles: "\temp" to --> \Profiles.

Now your profiles folder inside C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles should point to D:\Profiles\ where the actual profile files are.

For example:

Ekran-Al-nt-s.png

I hope your problem solve :=)

More tutorial details here:

https://skimfeed.com/blog/symbolic-links-in-windows-for-pointing-a-folder-to-another-folder-on-an-external-hard-drive-or-ssd/

Kind Regards,

mexiumut

• Upvote 1

steam-512.png Steam Profile | blogger-2.png ETS2 and ATS Mods blog for TruckersMP

Languages: turkey.png Turkish and English usa.png

Veteran Driver VI

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Volvo 750HP | Scania 750HP

hello,

yes , its possible.

It is possible to move my documents to D disk/drive

for this;

1-)first, right-click on my documents
select properties in the
click "Move".

2-)In the new window, select the disk where you want to move the file.So "D"

3-)Click on drive D: and click "create new file (folder)".

4-)Type in the New file name "My Documents" and click OK and click OK again  and finish the process.

5-)Windows to you "Do you want to move the files?" its will ask.

6-)confirm, this may take some time, but your documents will now be moved to the D: drive.

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (: