Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Devs and state of performance?

Zakxaev68

Note: I never took part in convoys, ever. Until...

after good enough 1.5 hours already I went to go with BlackSkill's convoy (hopefully I spell the name fine) and being a driver for FTC (Forza Trucking Company) I joined last night, I experienced the worst... of anything can happen:

intensive lags to a total loss of control over the truck, thus turning into a "training dummy" for other drivers on the highway to use me as a damage sponge for them to go their way. No worries, I'm okay with 50% damages.

As now I am part of VTC, I see the real deal.

Do devs have any intention to comment on where's TruckersMP going in future; whether any core performance enhancements are expected soon?

Given the increased interest rate, such a topic needs more attention. It starts to worry some of us newbs, In spite of the increased update rollouts, crazy amounts of work and multiple fixes commited to the core experience, one has to trigger an alarm.

More players = more lag, less of everything ETS is known for.

Performance was, still is a key topic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well this is my humble opinion. First off all this is free ! The mod ,the superb way that all the update now work , the events that the guys do from time to time . The winter mod that gets rolled out each year the hard work behind the scenes that go on to let us game with our mate and thousands of others . As for lag I have a average pc average net speed and hardly ever suffer with lag but hay that’s how it works for me . As for what the future holds I suspect the powers that be maybe somewhat tied by what scs think . My only criticism is it should be nice for the devs to give out more info on where thay  are looking to go with the mod ? 

As of now I’m thankful for the work they do so I can play a game the way I like . 

Regards dicky . ;)

An in-house engine of their own, tailored to suffice certain needs. Only needs to be updated the way 4A Games does it for the Metro games, retain the support for both low- and high-end computers, DX9 users aplenty still play ETS2, I've long switched to DX11 hardware. They have to look after the community, support it the same way once engine's updated to DX11/Vulkan even. If one game company follows the rule of the hardware market 'what's sold most needs to be supported the most, what's sold less should be dropped support for", it's a dead end. Saying, users shouldn't be divided in "gamers with high-end rigs" and "gamers with outdated hardware"

Surely could find a balance for the updated engine, so users stay positive rather than pour negative reviews - game engines seem pretty easy to break by their makers. Hard to repair damages already done, especially with the popularity around the truck sims of SCS.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hello there!

I totally agree with what you are saying but to avoid lag and other crowded roads you can always use alternative roads or national roads or even servers that are less full of people like EU1. Maybe one day they will update the game in such way for it to be good for most of us. Indeed, TMP is free and usable and I think they are doing their best to improve the platform to be good to everyone. I think we will have to wait and see how this goes in the future and afterwards how to change it in everyone's benefit. 

Have a wonderful day! Cheers! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived