Plus and Minus sign next to distance from a car

Suggestion Name: Add + and - signs next to distance on TAB Menu

Suggestion Description: Adding a plus or a minus sign next to the distance (meters) in the TAB menu overlay, would make it easier to understand whether you are moving towards or away from a vehicle that has not yet spawned on your map. This way you'd be sufficiently aware of the traffic situation around you, while driving on sparsely populated areas.

Why should it be added?: Makes it easier to be prepare for traffic while on an otherwise empty highway --especially in situations where you are driving on a 1-1 lane double road, and you are trying to figure out whether you'll come across a truck driving in front of you, or you'll see it coming towards you from the opposite lane.

Edited by pikolino
less and more sufficient wording
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, this is not needed. You can figure out by yourself whether you are getting closer or further of the player who appeared on your Tab by the time you are travelling. And there is not that much traffic that we need to like "prepare" for it.

Also, player will appear on your GPS/Map when he is below 400m distance from you, and we really don't need to care about those above 400m since they are far enough.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've never needed something like this to know if the truck in the TAB list is approaching or going away... A couple of looks and I see if the distance is increasing or decreasing. If It's increasing, no problemo, if it's decreasing, I can tell by the rate if the other truck is coming from ahead (coming on the other way of the road), from behind (faster than me and catching up) or stopped ahead. It's just about knowing how to judge distances according to your current speed.

• Like 1

I understand what you are trying to say but I feel like this is not really needed. Paying attention to the road now is also a way working out. There are a few reasons, as mentioned by others, which make it sound a little unnecessary and I agree.

• 3 months later...

In my opinion, it's 0. It could be confusing, arrows going up and down looks better for me. Watching the players at the menu while you see the distances (with a period of seconds where you realize if a truck it's coming on the opposing lane) it's a waste of time where you could already overtook the truck that you wanted to.

• 4 months later...