Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Filesystem failed to initialize / error code 0x80070002 [solution working for me]

strauphi

Hello guys,

first of all: I have no idea if posting this "General Discussion" is correct but for me, it was the best place I could find.

EVERYTHING AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! This does work for me but there is still no guarantee.

On my new PC, I was not able to install the TruckersMP launcher and I got the error code "0x80070002". Picture here

While the internet was no help at all, I remembered that someone said, that external virus scanners could block a correct installation. Turns out: Windows Defender is no exception. After disabling Windows Defender for the duration of the installation, I had no problem installing the Launcher. For your information: On my old laptop running Windows 10 Home I did not have this problem, however on the Pro version I did. 

How to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10: Tap onto your search bar located next to your Windows Icon in the corner of your screen --> Type: "Virus & threat protection" --> go to "Manage settings" --> turn "Real-time protection" off. After installation, be sure to enable this again!!!

After that, I was full of excitement to finally get back to TMP after a 6-month break due to a toaster Laptop but my next error was "The game filesystem failed to initialize, aborting now" -->  Picture here

First of all, I would still recommend going through these steps given in an earlier post before proceeding here.

There are two workarounds I found for this problem (I didn't see them in the forum yet):

1. Like with the installation, for each launch of TMP you'll need to disable the "Real-time protection" temporarily until you see the screen to choose the TMP server you prefer. Do not forget to enable the protection after!!!

2. This is the permanent solution. First launch the TMP Launcher and try to enter the MP as normal. This is necessary so the Launcher.exe is shown in the steps later.

Once more navigate to "Virus & threat protection" --> at the bottom hit "Manage ransomware protection" --> hit "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" and after that hit "yes" --> on the top hit "Add an allowed app" and after that "Recently blocked app" --> in the shown list you should find a program called "Launcher.exe" and beneath that you should see the folder path of the TMP installation folder. Tap onto the plus and the program should've been added to your allowed list.

After following the steps from the earlier post shown above and these steps presented here, up until now I did not run into an error til this day. Also after an Update through the Launcher, everything still worked. Also when up- or downgrading the ETS2 versions for compatibility I did not run into any errors.

Hope this solution works for those few truckers out there who aren't able to access the MP for exactly these reasons. Maybe even the programmer team can locate a potential glitch?

Feel free to move this post to an appropriate location.

Best regards 

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived