Snow Question

Lazox3

Hi there @Lazox3,

You should wait until our developers release the mod officially.

Also, nice avatar.

Please let us know when your problem is solved.

Sincerely,
WentworthHFD
TruckersMP - Staff Team

Hello there

At this moment we can't confirm if winter mod will be available this year due to the increasing complexity this brings with a growing community (mostly related to distribution of a mod with an average size of 800MB on top of the standard multiplayer download to over 2 milion users).

Regards

Prime

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

On 12/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, Prime said:

At this moment we can't confirm if winter mod will be available this year due to the increasing complexity this brings with a growing community (mostly related to distribution of a mod with an average size of 800MB on top of the standard multiplayer download to over 2 milion users).

Is the winter mod your (TMP) or from a modder?

On 12/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, Prime said:

Hello there

Regards

Prime

Cant you make it like you can choose to download the mod or not?

@Snogers You basically repeated what I just asked in the post above you 

13 hours ago, Twilight_Sparkle said:

I don't see why they can't release it anyways and let people choose if they want to download it or not.

Is there a way to make it a localised mod so that only that person sees it from their view?

Guys, you are not getting the point... It's not about who will download the mod, who will see snow and who won't, it's about a 800 MB mod that has to be distributed with the TMP launcher. And when/if the mod is released, everyone will try to download it ASAP. Imagine 1 000 000 users trying to download 800+ MB at the same time. You can do the math and see that regular servers are not capable to handle that amount of bandwidth. IIRC, last year there was a 10 Gbps connected server just to make it easier for this specific download and at some moments, it wasn't enough to manage all of the demand. My guess, from @Prime's comment, is that this is why the developers are in doubts about releasing a winter mod or not.

Why do developers claim that the creators of mods will request copyright if they use a snow mod that is theoretically created by someone.

I made a proposal about adding a MAP MOD and left me unanswered.

For two reasons: Either they fail to implement this or they agree with SCS in some way.

Thanks to God for other multiplayer mods being developed we will not be dependent on just one mod.

the TruckersMP mod could be improved, but lack much will on the part of those who develop.

Archived