Good (Not over priced) steering wheels for ets2?

HazardousHadrosaur

My old steering wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari universal challenge) is having a few problems (like steering sometimes affects brakes e.t.c) and is on its way out, do any of you know of any good steering wheels that are in the £20-£40 price range that are decently sized and comes with pedals?

For that price, you won't get a good wheel unless its second hand and the owner really wants to get rid of it. I use the Driving Force GT and its £120.

There is the Drift O.Z by Speedlink, not a bad wheel standing at £45, it has 90 degree rotation and comes with pedals

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-Drift-O-Z-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00ANHE7CW

You don't have to get it from amazon, but it lets you see what it is

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/ferrari-458-italia

I don't know if you live in the UK but there's a store that goes by the name of 'Argos' and I got this wheel for literally nothing; £80 or somewhere around that price.

Good enough for me, albeit it doesn't have the number of buttons that a G27 has but it has enough for the essentials: Indicators, wipers, lights, engine, enter button, attach/detach, look left, right, center, cruise control, horn/air horn, parking break then you just need a keyboard for hazards and whatever horn you didn't map to the wheel. I mapped the regular horn to the keyboard, CTRL is the reg. horn and shift is hazards.

As with everything the highest priced item is usually the most overrated item. I will admit that the G27 does have more buttons. If you're wanting a gear stick this isn't going to be the wheel for you though.

nz3d07.jpg

^^ I have the same. Yours were a bit expensive, it's about £60 on CCL (where I got mine) http://www.cclonline.com/product/120471/4460094/Game-Controllers/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-F458-Racing-Wheel-5-In-1/JOY0150/. But seeing as you are from Ireland the shipping might be a bit expensive.

Just make sure to take care of it, if you need to go under the desk watch your head, mine is a bit loose because of this. Still a great wheel though, even if it is 100 degrees rotation (It said 270 on amazon, I think the meant from full left turn to full right turn) :D

^^ I have the same. Yours were a bit expensive, it's about £60 on CCL (where I got mine) http://www.cclonline.com/product/120471/4460094/Game-Controllers/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-F458-Racing-Wheel-5-In-1/JOY0150/. But seeing as you are from Ireland the shipping might be a bit expensive.

Just make sure to take care of it, if you need to go under the desk watch your head, mine is a bit loose because of this. Still a great wheel though, even if it is 100 degrees rotation (It said 270 on amazon, I think the meant from full left turn to full right turn) :D

I didn't buy it online mate, I bought it in person from Argos. It was a half assed decision that I made while playing ETS2 SP with a USB controller one day. I've learnt the lesson as to why you don't go under the steering wheel many times, but I also learnt that lesson hundreds of times just from the desk alone haha; part of it is thin and then another section of it is a bit wider. I occasionally forget that fact from time to time and end up getting rewarded with a temporary headache. I'm slowly but surely realizing that it's not all the same size after all these years.

nz3d07.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived