Broken policies

Hi there,

I trust you are doing splendidly and enjoying the season.

Suggestion Name: Review your overall policies by means of mentioning how the rules are going to be implemented EXPLICITLY.

Suggestion Description: 

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration with the current state of affairs, where a Game Moderator (from now on referred to as Admin) can do whatever he likes, whenever he wishes, because the "Official rules" are incomplete (i.e. the actual punishment, for breaking any of the rules, is not mentioned - thus this sort of "system of justice" is highly subjective, and likely abusive towards users who might be punished too harshly for their mistakes).

I would like to mention some ambiguous rules which invite to unreasonable reactions from your Admins:

- under the "§1 - Service-wide rules", "§1.5 - Inappropriate use of language, communication and impersonation of any kind", is this rule: "Impersonating other users, political figures, Moderators or acting like someone who is more superior. This can be through the way you speak, sounds, your avatar, your license/interior plates, username and/or your game tag."

From what the letter of the text says, one's ID (i.e. name, tag, plates, any text used to define one's identity) cannot INTENTIONALLY be the same with: another user ID, a political figure name, a Moderator ID (please, make sure that is very clear what an inappropriate ID is (i.e. ALL forbidden domains/words); anything else should not be considered wrong, unless specified to be so under another rule). There is no objective way of punishment mentioned for breaking this rule. As it is, the Admin may ask the user, via in-game chat "Y", to change his current ID, but the user might not pay attention to chat, might be in the middle of a maneuver in the traffic, might not be able to comply immediately etc., and then the Admin consider the user is defying him, thus applying a subjective punishment. A clear way to proceed in these situations should be stated under this rule (e.g. 1. Kick + reason + asking to comply; 2. use Admin command to change the user ID + restriction for the user to change his ID for a time).

- under the "§1 - Service-wide rules", "§1.5 - Inappropriate use of language, communication and impersonation of any kind", is this rule: "Avatars, usernames and in-game tags need to be appropriate and cannot contain offensive content in any way. Your name must consist of at least four alphanumeric characters or else it will be changed by staff." which is an addendum to the previous one, by mentioning the offensive content of the user ID (please, make sure that the rule strictly specifies what is considered to be offensive). And again, there is no objective way of punishment mentioned for breaking this rule. A clear way to proceed in these situations should be stated under this rule.

There is a severe lack of objective judgement, because ALL RULES simply fail to mention the punishment for breaking them.

Under the "§2.10 - How bans are issued", the situation is indeed disastrously as it encourages subjective/unreasonable/abusive actions from your Admins: "The first 3 bans issued are at Game Moderator discretion." Also, starting from 4th ban, every single rule becomes oppressive, as the punishment is equal and very harsh for breaking any of them, in a context where the first 3 bans are exclusively unfair/questionable/inappropriate since there is no mention of how the Admin MUST proceed against an user who broke any of the rules.

This sort of "record" of the user's mistakes is extremely discouraging for the user and, in the same time, very "inviting" for the Admin to "feed on the user's corpse." This practice must be stopped immediately!

Assuming every single rule has an official/standard punishment, breaking multiple rules at once will of course increase (cumulative, x + y + z, EACH ONE < 4 DAYS) the duration of the ban, but anything more than that is beginning to feel overzealous and aggressive towards the user; also, continuing with this assumption, the "appeal ban" system becomes useless, as there will be no misunderstanding of what happened and how the situation was dealt with.

Any example images:  Text is enough, thank you.

Why should it be added?: Because you are doing it wrong. Because it is unfair for your users.

Thank you for your time.

Have a nice day and please do take care!

Regards,

• 2 months later...

Rejected.

Game moderators are trained to give proper punishements according to the broken rule. Rules cannot contain examples, as examples can be countless for a specific rule. If you did not agree with a punishement, you could always create a feedback ticket about a game moderator where higher management will look at it, after you did a ban appeal. In most cases, it's up to the admin if they kick to give a warning about something, or more severe, ban someone. There will not be a set punishement for each rule, as each case of the rules being broken is looked at individually. 

Q9n6SSI.png