Trailer Stability resetting itself

Nedivi

Question

Hello, 

I am unable to change the trailer stability through the in-game UI while I'm in TruckersMP. The slider is currently set to it's maximum, when I try to set it to minimum it just goes back to maximum whenever I close the 'Gameplay' options tab. Changing the stability via console command (g_trailer_stability 0), however, it's still maxed out when I go to the UI

It is not an issue in single player however, as it stays in place if I try to change it there. If I change the setting in SP and then go to MP, it is still maxed out in MP, so I guess that's the issue. 

I appreciate any help. 

10 answers to this question

I've just checked. Going into console and setting "g_trailer_stability 0"+Enter, then going to Options - Gameplay, the trailer stability slider is at max (would be 0.5). Checked again with the console by typing "g_trailer stability "+Enter and it gives the current setting as 0. Exited the game, launched again, checked and the slider keeps at max, but checking the console, it shows the current value at 0. Maybe it's the same thing that happens when you use the chat to change the CB channel...? You open the chat, type /channel 10 and it changes the CB from the default channel 19 to channel 10, but if you look at the radio, it still shows 19... I mean, the options slider shows a value, but the console command shows a different one and I believe that the real setting is the console one. Tried with both trailer and truck stability set at 0, changed suspension stiffnes to 0.5 (default is 1) and my truck, without trailer, tipped over while going on one of those 270º highway exit ramps no faster than 60... With default values or maxed ones, I can take those ramps at 80 Km/h or faster without any problems (truck only).

Dear @Nedivi
Were you able to change your trailer stability before when in TruckersMP before this situation happened?
Because normally the sliders go between 0 and 1 and I think there isn't anything that can be solved as what I heard from is the TruckersMP Dev haven't changed anything involving with the trailer stability.

Here are some topics that can help you out a bit as other people had this situation as well. 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/76497-trailer-stability/

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/74718-132-physics-warning/

DJWinstonTFM

Live every Saturday at 4PM UK/11AM EDT @ TruckersFM