Steam Virus - Warning

Mirrland

Hey, everyone.

This is a small warning due to a recent influx people getting infected by viruses and losing access to their Steam accounts.

How does it work?

Someone (usually a friend) will send you a link on Steam, you click said link and from there, something is downloaded onto your PC.

From what I believe, this will lock you out of your Steam account and it will be further spread to your friends list.

Who could send a link?

This could be anyone. Your best friend, TruckersMP Staff member, etc - Virtually anyone.

What are the links like?

An example can be found here.

They won't look too suspicious given that Steam will automatically block suspicious websites.

I've found that they are commonly spread through URL shorterners (t.co - Twitter's URL shorterners is commonly used).

What if I am infected?

The best thing is to contact Steam Support.

There is a chance that injected within the link that you clicked could have been an additional Trojan (such as a key-logger, etc). 

This, as you know, is a massive risk to your online security.

I'd advice downloading CCleaner & Malwarebytes and seeing if anything comes up.

Stay safe, everyone!

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

12 minutes ago, White Wolf. said:

Yes see that too, but it's keep spreading without to click on this Link

so not sure what is going on -_-

Well is obvious it's spreading cuz people click on it, even if is from your friend who you know very well just don't click random links.

People thinking is safe too click cuz they know the friend, is common sense really. but 1 out of 10 it could be the virus. just need too pay attention and read good.

mostly the virus spread around if the user is offline, cuz he lost his steam account, so if you know your friend is offline and then you get the message still you know it's fake. 

I got no message like this, However  Make sure you click on the ignore buttom when chat open than you wont get any message from same person agian.

Also make sure you scan you pc's after virus.

Hopefully, I didn't get messages like that and I hope even who got them didn't press the link, as this viruses are pretty dangerous.
For example, there're some scam messages for rocket league players, you press the link and they get your whole game inventory, I don't know how they do that but that's really bad :/ 

12 hours ago, White Wolf. said:

I know but just saw something really weird... got that from someone but he saw on his own chat i would

send him that link so what?

And pretty sure i didn't clicked the link, so how is that working?

i didn't say you click it, but what if you clicked the link because he is friend of yours ;)

Your friend did click on the message hence why it spread around through private messages.

The best way is too ignore the messages cuz he didn't send it ''intentional''

On 09/12/2018 at 20:22, DJ Jefferz said:

No momento a mensagem principal parece ser esta

Considerando também que o CSGO agora está livre. Eu não acho que a pessoa original que fez o vírus pensou nisso.

Good night. I did not click on the link sent to me. Unfortunately I was on my cell phone and the link opened alone, there was no time to do anything else. I recommend to friends who want to delete me from the friends list while I do not recover my account, feel free! As soon as I recover my account, I will add my friends again. Thanks to all for your understanding! :) Have a nice week for all.

Archived