CB Radio range

Ralph L

Why is the range for the CB so short? It's set to less than a portable walkie-talkie can reach. Now it's set to less than 3/4 of a mile and a stock out of the box Cobra 29 will reach 3 to 4 miles or more depending on terrain. A tweaked or boosted radio will reach up 7 or 8 miles, maybe more. I started my driving career 35 years ago in central California, so this is my old stomping grounds :)

On 12/9/2018 at 1:13 PM, Ralph_l084 said:

Why is the range for the CB so short? It's set to less than a portable walkie-talkie can reach. Now it's set to less than 3/4 of a mile and a stock out of the box Cobra 29 will reach 3 to 4 miles or more depending on terrain. A tweaked or boosted radio will reach up 7 or 8 miles, maybe more. I started my driving career 35 years ago in central California, so this is my old stomping grounds :)

Love this idea! As @DJWinstonTFM said, have you thought about creating a suggestion?

You have to remember most, if not all of the staff on this add-on project have never driven a truck. They have absolutely no clue how things go except what they see on TV. So they wouldn't know that a stock 29 has trouble getting out past the hood on most trucks. Or that a Connex 4300HP is actually an amateur radio that has a very long range on it. They also would not know you can buy kickers and better antennas that are phase matching. They are too concerned with protecting buddies and hiding in their own magical world. Maybe you can get them to make the radio more realistic but there are so many other things about the game that are not realistic as it is, where do you start? For example, 650 hp cat takes a couple miles to get up to speed, both with 40,000 in the box and bobtail. Good luck getting the game realistic or the add-on actually fun and fair.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ralph_l084,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived