Driving On Grass + From Wrong Way (Ban or Kick)

UgurS

Choose Your Side  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Does it worth a kick or ban?

Hello,

I have seen a lot of driver who drive on grass and from wrong way. When I see them, I report them but sometimes Game Moderators say "It only worths a kick." and decline my report. However, I think it worths ban. It is something very unrealistic and it effects the congestion. Also it can increase collisions. 2 days ago I created a feedback about this situation. After my feedback, Game Moderator changed his comment which was in my declined report to "This player has been banned, thanks for your report" It looks like it is a dilemma. I didn't understand if it worths a kick or a ban. What do you think about it? Should I report players because of this reason? Please tell your opinion.

Examples from my declined reports:

Thanks in advance,

UgurS

zv28ec.jpg

Hi,

I think with the first two, it's possible that the users may have been glitched into that area just past the barriers, and are trying to find a way to free themselves. If they'd deliberately driven in there, I think it would be different and worthy of a ban. With the third clip, that's a bit different, as they were on the grass rather than beside a barrier, but they could probably argue they had to swerve there to avoid the incident which had occurred in front of you and were just getting back on the road. 

17 minutes ago, PorscheGT3 said:

Hi,

I think with the first two, it's possible that the users may have been glitched into that area just past the barriers, and are trying to find a way to free themselves. If they'd deliberately driven in there, I think it would be different and worthy of a ban. With the third clip, that's a bit different, as they were on the grass rather than beside a barrier, but they could probably argue they had to swerve there to avoid the incident which had occurred in front of you and were just getting back on the road. 

I agree with you for second video. He may trying to find a way to free himself but in first video there was a lot of traffic and players were trying to overtake eachother to pass the traffic.

Check the video below. He got banned but the player whose video was in my first post (it was the first video) didn't get banned at first time.

16 minutes ago, [VIVA] Kehox said:

in my opinion... it should be a ban ... (sure someone hard break you go on the grass and STOP your truck and merge back that is different ) but rolling on the grass to only overtake or any else... should be punish.

Also I agree with you too. Sometimes the trucker who is in front of you hard breaks and you try to stop with your reflexes. That shouldn't be punished. However; as you said, driving out of the road to overtake someone, should be punished.

3 minutes ago, UgurS said:

I agree with you for second video. He may trying to find a way to free himself but in first video there was a lot of traffic and players were trying to overtake eachother to pass the traffic.

Check the video below. He got banned but the player who was in the first video that I posted didn't get banned at first time.

I see what you mean now looking back at it - they certainly seem to be going very quickly if they'd just been glitched in. It is quite interesting one got banned and not the other - in first and second videos they're both doing the same thing, in the same direction, at the same speed, so it's odd only one got banned.

None of those. Insert trigger in the same manner it kicks out players from the game after a limited time, if on the wrong lane or driving offroad. In order to give the same players reaction time, have the trigger set to 5 mins so they have enough time to reverse on the right side of the road. I see the same dumb-asses, and those same dumb-asses slam into me, every time. You can't fight stupidity in players.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will talk out of your videos , in my opinion overtaking in grass must be a ban reason because otherwise it would be offensive for those who wait at straight line , i will give example from one of my declined report.So i was in line at train pass and some skoda overtook from grass and got front of me , i reported him but my report declined it said , its worth a kick since he didnt collide anyone.

I think it should be a ban. The reason is because its very dangerous to overtake on the grass side of a road. If it was congested and had more the 25 players it would be illegal due to the amount of players. Driving the wrong way down a road on the road or on the I think would be a 3d ban because it is so dangerous and unfair. The player over taking in the grass could start blocking or causing trouble. It would also be unfair to the players waiting correctly just to be overtaking by a player on their right/left.

I think it depends on the Situation. Yesterday there was an truck blocking a road and the traffic got stuck behind me waiting. Then i decided to use the "grass" to avoid a big traffic jam. 

It's the jobs of the moderators to rate the Situation and decide. This are well trained Players with the best knowledge of the rules. I guess they have the "last word" in this Situations. 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:25 AM, Nomine[GER] said:

I think it depends on the Situation. Yesterday there was an truck blocking a road and the traffic got stuck behind me waiting. Then i decided to use the "grass" to avoid a big traffic jam. 

It's the jobs of the moderators to rate the Situation and decide. This are well trained Players with the best knowledge of the rules. I guess they have the "last word" in this Situations. 

I'm not a game mod but I'd assume that speed and traffic are the biggest factors in their decision.  Someone hitting the grass and passing 5+ players while doing 150 kmh can easily go bad, compared to someone that pulls off the road to go around an accident/blocker and is only doing 10-20 kmh.

well ive been banned for driving on grass, if anyone wants to see the report video here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhjDN2i-8OE&feature=youtu.be

i come in at 0:23 my id is 1077,  the way it works is if someone bothers recording you, putting the footage up on youtube then making a report through the website you're guaranteed to get banned no matter what, but if you just get reported in game then you can get away with stuff like driving on grass, driving the wrong way or even ramming. this is not a rant or anything im just giving my 2 cents 

driving on the grass is fine, its a perfectly acceptable place to pull over, and you have to drive on the grass for a short period to ensure your ENTIRE truck is off the road.  sometimes you can get forced onto the grass to avoid an accident (i know, I have seen this myself on the CD when folk have been pushed by someone who forgets they have a trailer.  Then you have nowhere to go. 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:15 PM, Phoenix_Instinct said:

I think it should be a ban. The reason is because its very dangerous to overtake on the grass side of a road. If it was congested and had more the 25 players it would be illegal due to the amount of players. Driving the wrong way down a road on the road or on the I think would be a 3d ban because it is so dangerous and unfair. The player over taking in the grass could start blocking or causing trouble. It would also be unfair to the players waiting correctly just to be overtaking by a player on their right/left.

i had an occasion in Amsterdam / Rotterdam area, EU2, two fast moving blobs come up behind me, I'm in lane 1 in a DAF XF 510 with a load of concrete beams going uphill, to my right - the shoulder, to my left the overtaking lane, so I begin to move left as one comes level with my trailer to give extra room, however the other one had split and gone right, because he was going up the hard shoulder on an illegal overtake we actually  collided. 

he may have reported me, but i dont think anything came of it, and because the way the player was driving it may have been seen as racing his partner as the one that did get past me was seriously hauling with a high power truck with a very light trailer. 

If someone is faster, I will move over to give them room, so long as they're going in a passing lane and NOT up the shoulder.

----

as for wrong way, one place where i see it often is at fuel stations on single carriageway roads where sometimes its SAFER to go the wrong way, particularly if you are in a LHD truck in the UK or a RHD truck in Europe, not everyone uses no2 camera for driving, or uses the Kinderspiegel that pop up with the F2 key, The person pulling out of a fuel station with a LHD truck in the UK, or a RHD truck in Europe has a BIG blind spot on their passenger side, and if they have not got a GPS up, they may or may not see someone coming up and think it clear to proceed.  *crunch* I won't report people for doing this, as they may be doing that due to a number of reasons, as if you need fuel, sometimes thats the only one you can get to, or it may be simply because its safer as you can see traffic coming from both directions as it is coming down your driver's side. 

For those doing this, Don't just pull straight out, instead wait for it to be safe to proceed and get back into the correct lane quickly AND SAFELY.  For those who are coming down the road and see someone doing this don't report them and clog the system with worthless reports, instead slow down / stop and let them out. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:25 AM, PorscheGT3 said:

Hi,

I quite agree with you:D

The problem with driving on the grass is that you almost never actually know what happend. I had it too several times that I got rammed and landed on the grass to find the way back to the road (without disturbing other users). In that cases an TP to the garage would be needed. People who use the grass to drive in the wrong way or troll/kick/ram should be straight banned. People who park on the grass in crowded areas kicked.

PVG-Trans VTC Belgium, real life professionals only! - OLD TM & CT San Andreas MP player.

Archived